Photo

What are you doing with your Parise gear?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: What are you doing with your Parise gear? (50 member(s) have cast votes)

What are you doing with your Parise gear (jerseys, t-shirts, etc.)?

1. Keep and continue to wear (4 votes [8.00%])

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

2. Keep, but never wear (20 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Keep with hopes of getting the name changed (7 votes [14.00%])

Percentage of vote: 14.00%

4. Donate or give away (7 votes [14.00%])

Percentage of vote: 14.00%

5. Burn! (trash) (12 votes [24.00%])

Percentage of vote: 24.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,429 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

I saw a great idea over on hf boards. Send all the stuff to Parises house. Someone needs to find the address of his new place. That would be epic.

Just send it to the Wild.

#22 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,731 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

See, if anyone wanted to do something fun during Parise's return, it be keep any Parise merchandise you no longer want to own until that day and dump it on the ice after a Devils' goal or right after the national anthem.

Like this?

Dany Heatley jerseys go flying
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#23 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

Like this?

Dany Heatley jerseys go flying

we can never escape Pierre

#24 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

I'd be down with sending all of our Parise stuff to Zach himself- as long as we can include a container of dog sh!t in the package, and a nice note that reads "fvck you you lying scumbag, signed, The Devils Fans".
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#25 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

I've got a Parise retro jersey, St. Pats jersey, and the McFarlane figure (which I became the keeper of some time back).

I have no idea what I'm doing with any of that.

Well not wearing it is the first thing that comes to mind.....
Posted Image of Zach Parise's McFarlane Figure!

NEW JERSEY In keeping with the fact they are the Devils, New Jersey actually went with a villain by the name of Lex Lou-Lamoriello, an evil genius who finds ways to get around the salary cap until he is stopped in his tracks by Bett-man.

#26 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

where's a good place to get a new name/number on a jersey? I have a white Guerin jersey from 1997 that i'd love to turn into a Lemieux...

#27 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

I've got a Parise retro jersey, St. Pats jersey, and the McFarlane figure (which I became the keeper of some time back).

I have no idea what I'm doing with any of that.

Well not wearing it is the first thing that comes to mind.....

You can start with your avatar

believe-3devils.jpg

#28 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,429 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

where's a good place to get a new name/number on a jersey? I have a white Guerin jersey from 1997 that i'd love to turn into a Lemieux...

http://exclusivepro.com/

Best in the biz.

#29 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

Now have a useless Parise jersey / shirt and in a few days (hours?) a useless Rick Nash jersey as well. Fortunately the jerseys are both cheap China knockoffs so only $40 each.
Posted Image Posted Image

#30 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,186 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

i had 3 jerseys and 5 shirts... and that little action figure... it was also my iphone/computer background...

my life will never be the same :cryriver:

www.SterioDesign.com

#31 rf1583

rf1583

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

I never bought any. I refuse to buy anything that is personalized with anyones name unless it says Stevens or Brodeur on it.

Same here but just for jerseys. I have an Elias jersey too. I did buy a kovy and henrique t shirt though but never anything parise. I'll probably replace my parise bobblehead in my devils room though.

#32 schneidpants

schneidpants

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

pack my jersey away and will never release it to see the light of day again

Posted Image

#33 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

It kind of pisses me off to see that video of someone burning their Parise tee shirt.

I mean look, if it bugs you that much that he left and you swear you'll never ever wear it again, give the fvcking thing to Goodwill or drop it in a clothing donation box. Don't be wasteful purely out of spite of a guy you've never meaningfully met.

Me, I've got a throwback Parise jersey that I'll probably still wear because I like the colors on our throwback jerseys. Maybe get the name changed someday but I doubt it.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#34 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

Never got any Parise stuff, so many people had that or Brodeur. My sister actually got a Zajac jersey, not authentic but still good. waiting to see what happens - If Kovy gets captain I'm slapping a C on my jersey. The ones you get in stores don't come with As or Cs just name and number. I had a Langer that was more authentic, fight strap and all, but I couldn't find a Kovy one when he signed except for one that's maybe a size bigger, and I wasn't going to wait 6-8 weeks for China to make it and ship it here and cost me $400.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#35 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:49 PM

I think it depends on the item and the cost

I have one of his gameworn and I am never throwing it out. I tore up his poster that I had. The autographs I do have I am keeping because I still like to collect them

#36 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,319 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

I got a player t that I will use when I go to the beach or paint and a retro parise jersey that I will either sell or just keep in the closet. I have 25 jerseys in my collection and that is the only parise one so not a huge deal for me lol.

I still see nieuwendyk and Gilmour jerseys at the arena so I don't know why people say they will burn their sh!t. Just silly to me and outside of a few given we knew this could happen for a good year or so.

#37 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

it took everything in me to wait until now to buy (or in this case not buy) parise gear. even a tshirt jersey. these days with the way things are you gotta wait til theyre locked up long term.

marty, elias, stevens, kovalchuk, danekyo are the only devils you can buy freely with i think.

sorry again to anyone who spent their hard earned cash on parise gear.

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#38 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

If anyone has an address for the Wild, I think it would be funny to box up all our Parise sh!t and flood their offices with it. Why not? Might be kind of vindictive, but it's harmless and it'll probably annoy the sh!t out of them.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#39 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,261 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

I still see nieuwendyk and Gilmour jerseys at the arena so I don't know why people say they will burn their sh!t.

Gilmour was only on the team for a season and like 20 games or so. Joe actually helped us win a cup.

A better comparison would be Gomez and Holik. I sure as hell don't see too many Gomez jerseys floating around anymore even though a few Holik ones popped up again when he came back for his 2nd run with team there still aren't as many as their use to be.

If anyone has an address for the Wild, I think it would be funny to box up all our Parise sh!t and flood their offices with it. Why not? Might be kind of vindictive, but it's harmless and it'll probably annoy the sh!t out of them.

Minnesota Wild
317 Washington Street
Saint Paul, MN

#40 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,319 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

Gilmour was only on the team for a season and like 20 games or so. Joe actually helped us win a cup.

A better comparison would be Gomez and Holik. I sure as hell don't see too many Gomez jerseys floating around anymore even though a few Holik ones popped up again when he came back for his 2nd run with team there still aren't as many as their use to be.

Minnesota Wild
317 Washington Street
Saint Paul, MN

Gomez and holik went to a rival while parise went to a team that we see once, maybe twice a year. We all also kinda figured that parise coming back was iffy at best so I really do not know why so many people are taking this personally, especially since we really haven't won a cup or anything with parise unlike the other two.

I am actually getting a little bit of a kick at how much the Facebook page of the crazies are going nuts about this and taking it as personally as anything. You would think parise beat up their spouse, raped their daughter and shot their dog by the way they have been reacting. We survived before parise and will survive after.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users