Photo

What are you doing with your Parise gear?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: What are you doing with your Parise gear? (50 member(s) have cast votes)

What are you doing with your Parise gear (jerseys, t-shirts, etc.)?

1. Keep and continue to wear (4 votes [8.00%])

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

2. Keep, but never wear (20 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Keep with hopes of getting the name changed (7 votes [14.00%])

Percentage of vote: 14.00%

4. Donate or give away (7 votes [14.00%])

Percentage of vote: 14.00%

5. Burn! (trash) (12 votes [24.00%])

Percentage of vote: 24.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

If anyone has an address for the Wild, I think it would be funny to box up all our Parise sh!t and flood their offices with it. Why not? Might be kind of vindictive, but it's harmless and it'll probably annoy the sh!t out of them.

Sounds like the Seinfeld episode where Kramer tried to return all of his junk mail

#42 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,290 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:23 PM

Gomez and holik went to a rival while parise went to a team that we see once, maybe twice a year. We all also kinda figured that parise coming back was iffy at best so I really do not know why so many people are taking this personally, especially since we really haven't won a cup or anything with parise unlike the other two.

I am actually getting a little bit of a kick at how much the Facebook page of the crazies are going nuts about this and taking it as personally as anything. You would think parise beat up their spouse, raped their daughter and shot their dog by the way they have been reacting. We survived before parise and will survive after.

I can certainly see why people don't want to have his gear anymore. I have a Paul Martin jersey that I got for free when the Devils wear giving them out for free with season tickets. That thing hasn't seen the light of day since he signed with Pittsburgh.

They can both go fvck themselves.

#43 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,487 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

I can certainly see why people don't want to have his gear anymore. I have a Paul Martin jersey that I got for free when the Devils wear giving them out for free with season tickets. That thing hasn't seen the light of day since he signed with Pittsburgh.

They can both go fvck themselves.

Haha well Paul Martin was just terrible in every respect and I never liked him as a devil so I understand. Like I said I will prob sell or just not wear my parise jersey again but I certainly have others in my collection so not a huge loss for me. I guess we all run the risk of having a player that might leave in te future when you put a player name on it with the exception of a select group of forever devils (Stevens, Marty, elias, daneyko, kovy, etc.)

#44 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

For those of you with Parise gear, just get it resewn, marker it out and get it to say Parsie.
It's a fun nod and wink for forum members.

#45 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

I have only one Parise shirt so. I'm not too busted up over this aspect... Maybe I'll just give it away.

#46 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,396 posts

actually i could frame it showing the front

since that in NJ that's what important, the crest in front not the name in the back

www.SterioDesign.com

#47 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

actually i could frame it showing the front

since that in NJ that's what important, the crest in front not the name in the back

Thank You, Sidney Crosby

#48 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,290 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

Haha well Paul Martin was just terrible in every respect and I never liked him as a devil so I understand. Like I said I will prob sell or just not wear my parise jersey again but I certainly have others in my collection so not a huge loss for me. I guess we all run the risk of having a player that might leave in te future when you put a player name on it with the exception of a select group of forever devils (Stevens, Marty, elias, daneyko, kovy, etc.)

haha he was ok when he was with us, nothing special. Since it was free I wanted something different and I'm bias to Americans. I would have neverrrrrrrr everrrrrrrrrrr paid for it though lol

I've been wearing my plain Devils jersey ever since he left

Edited by Satans Hockey, 04 July 2012 - 10:48 PM.

#49 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,024 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

Sounds like the Seinfeld episode where Kramer tried to return all of his junk mail

haha, great episdoe! And Wilfred Brimley was the Postmaster General.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#50 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:15 PM

haha, great episdoe! And Wilfred Brimley was the Postmaster General.

Diabeetus

#51 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:39 PM

I've got a CCM Parise jersey, a white t-shirt jersey, and all star 09 t shirt, and a USA olympic Tshirt. The jersey I just probably won't wear, or wear when I play hockey. Could go the rename route and might go with Broten or Muller, or whoever our next number 9 is. The white tshirt i'll wear when I work out, or paint, or go to the beach. The all star shirt and olympic shirt i'll still wear out, I guess.

I've got a freakin' Johnny Oduya jersey that I still wear to games, so having an older Parise jersey isn't awful for me. I just bought a Stanley Cup Henrique jersey so I pray to have that for at least 7 years like I did for my Zach jersey.

Or if anyone knows where I could put an $ instead of an S in his name on my jersey, that'd be awesome, too.
Posted Image Posted Image

#52 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:45 PM

I've got a CCM Parise jersey, a white t-shirt jersey, and all star 09 t shirt, and a USA olympic Tshirt. The jersey I just probably won't wear, or wear when I play hockey. Could go the rename route and might go with Broten or Muller, or whoever our next number 9 is. The white tshirt i'll wear when I work out, or paint, or go to the beach. The all star shirt and olympic shirt i'll still wear out, I guess.

I've got a freakin' Johnny Oduya jersey that I still wear to games, so having an older Parise jersey isn't awful for me. I just bought a Stanley Cup Henrique jersey so I pray to have that for at least 7 years like I did for my Zach jersey.

Or if anyone knows where I could put an $ instead of an S in his name on my jersey, that'd be awesome, too.

I don't even think CCM was making jerseys for the NHL in 05-06. put Fayne's name on that Oduya sweater

#53 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

Just bought a Parise jersey at the NHL Store in NYC. 1/2 price (all Parise gear). Once the season starts and NJ surprises everybody yet again when they're in first place come November, everybody will be thinking that losing Parise was the catalyst for this latest Devils' surge and I'll wear it as a tribute to our success. ;)
"What's the difference between a catfish and Rangers Fan?
One is a low life bottom feeder that lives on the feces of others. The other is a fish"

Official Keeper of THE BUD LIGHT GOAL BAR
Posted Image

#54 LA03

LA03

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:09 AM

I'm sending my Parise jersey to his house in MN. Just kidding, but that would be amazing. Probably donating it.

#55 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

For those of you with Parise gear, just get it resewn, marker it out and get it to say Parsie.
It's a fun nod and wink for forum members.

I suppose you could do some selective magic markering and dab a little white out on a Parise jersey to get it to say "Farsi.". Just tell everyone you are a fan of the New Jersey Devils AND the Persian language!

Or not....

Edited by AEWHistory, 05 July 2012 - 12:12 AM.

Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#56 LA03

LA03

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:14 AM

I remember reading where ZP's new house is. If only I had the address.

Lol not to be a total creep

#57 #9Delieve

#9Delieve

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:12 AM

If you have a parise jersey you can romove the patches/name plate in about a hour.I just did mine only one small hole from rushing.Put the jersey inside out and remove the small sowing strings by using tweezers.p.s just be careful when pulling and snapping the threads not to have the jersey.

#58 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:37 AM

I don't even think CCM was making jerseys for the NHL in 05-06. put Fayne's name on that Oduya sweater

Johnny O signed it.. No chance in me switching it.
Posted Image Posted Image

#59 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,290 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:31 AM

If you have a parise jersey you can romove the patches/name plate in about a hour.I just did mine only one small hole from rushing.Put the jersey inside out and remove the small sowing strings by using tweezers.p.s just be careful when pulling and snapping the threads not to have the jersey.

Next time use a scalpel, you can get a cheap one for a buck or so online. It does a better job and takes a lot less time.

#60 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,854 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:22 AM

Simple, change the last two letters on the nameplate to AH........PARIAH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users