69 replies to this topic

#61 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:01 AM

re: trading with Edmonton, who are they going to deal? Lowe has said Hemsky's not going to be traded. Gagner won't be dealt, short of Edmonton making out with a king's ransom for him by some team that's willing to overvalue his potential. Linus Omark and Magni Paajarvi are far from sure-fire players, though Omark seems to at least pull his weight in the AHL.

Plus, Edmonton does have a decent defense corps... Ryan Whitney, Justin Schultz (provided he makes the roster, which you have to assume he will), Nick Schultz, Ladislav Smid, Andy Sutton, Corey Potter, and one of Theo Peckham/Colten Teubert/Jeff Petry. Andy Greene would provide a big upgrade, but they would have to shed a d-man afterwards.

St. Louis could use Greene, considering Carlo "Injured Every Third Game" Colaiacovo is UFA. Chris Stewart would have been much higher on my "want" list if this discussion was a year ago... he had an awful, awful season with the Blues. He's worth taking a risk on, mostly because he's only RFA after this season.

I'd definitely go the Oilers route. Unlike Tri, id want to steer clear of Pajaarvi. He's shown nothing that suggests he'll be better than a 3rd liner. It's gotta be Gagner or Hemsky

#62 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:00 AM

I'd definitely go the Oilers route. Unlike Tri, id want to steer clear of Pajaarvi. He's shown nothing that suggests he'll be better than a 3rd liner. It's gotta be Gagner or Hemsky

As much as i like Hemsky, they guy cant stay fit. To much of a risk. Shoulder surgery, concussion, that does not bode well leng term.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#63 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:13 AM

We all know we're getting Gonez back right?

#64 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

Let me just say that TJ Oshie would be a GREAT fit for this team. #pipedream

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#65 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:40 AM

Several different unrelated sources saying Semin signing going down this afternoon.. I've seen a couple people (and also Єklund (2.3% accurate), unfortunately) say it's between Detroit and New Jersey...

#66 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

Several different unrelated sources saying Semin signing going down this afternoon.. I've seen a couple people (and also Єklund (2.3% accurate), unfortunately) say it's between Detroit and New Jersey...

I would love to see it happen, but I don't see Lou pulling the trigger on this...I hope I'm wrong

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#67 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

Can you link the sources?

believe-zubrus.jpg

#68 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

Can you link the sources?

Yeah I mean I saw someone on twitter say that Lou called about Brian Gionta. Does that make it true?

:rolleyes:

n2eg.jpg

#69 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

Yeah I mean I saw someone on twitter say that Lou called about Brian Gionta. Does that make it true?

:rolleyes:

Thats why I ask for the sources.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#70 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

I would love to see it happen, but I don't see Lou pulling the trigger on this...I hope I'm wrong

If there were any time to make a move like this, it's now. Semin is coming off a bad season and interest in signing him is at an all-time all-possible low. Lou can probably strike a decent deal. On Alexander's side of things, he has Kovalchuk and a solid core to play with. On our side of things, I think Kovalchuk and DeBoer's system can turn him into a lethal addition to our roster, I don't care what anyone says about his work ethic or selfishness. Things like that can be welded to shape. Post-Langenbrunner era, I think all our players are buying in, especially with the way DeBoer's running the team.

Look back at who Semin's had to work with (Boudreau and Hunter); think about the type of player Kovalchuk would (still) be if he had Boudreau and Hunter, and not Pete and Jacques guiding him these past two years.. That's debatable considering many Devils fans still can't come to grips with the changes Kovy's made to his game, but hey.

We have the money to play with and certainly the fans are desperate for a bold move, I think our season needs it..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users