178 replies to this topic

#161 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

Its not listed because we traded him to st.Louis for their first round picks for the next two drafts.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#162 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:57 PM

NBC Sports reported it.
NBC SPORTS

#163 skullsmasher

skullsmasher

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

I don't want this racist a$$hole on our team. Why did we sign this idiot?

#164 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

Impulse buy, like buying a National Enquirer or Star magazine at the checkout stand.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#165 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,248 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

So why hasn't this been put on the Devils website or the tsn ufa tracker yet? :noclue:

#166 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

So why hasn't this been put on the Devils website or the tsn ufa tracker yet? :noclue:

we are ashamed.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#167 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

I don't want this racist a$hole on our team.

I never did buy into that being a racial slur. The dude was fighting and fell down and he mockingly laid into him with a "what'd ya do, slip on a banana peel" He was making fun of the guys fighting prowess, not busting on him for anything else.

it is amusing that he and Cam are on the same team now, Wonder how morning skates are gonna go! Posted Image Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#168 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

it is amusing that he and Cam are on the same team now, Wonder how morning skates are gonna go! Posted Image Posted Image

I figure they'll both be on the side watching the real players practice.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#169 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

http://devils.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

He's on the roster now. Guess its finally official.

No word on terms though.

One thing of note is the link to his Twitter is on his player page. And apparently Salvador's got a Twitter now too, but its not confirmed afaik and not linked on his page.

#170 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,149 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:05 PM

his comments we're not racist at all, he just asked Subban if he slipped on a banana peel (cause Subban is always diving and the dove right before that) so it was blown out of proportion to call it racist and even report it...

that being said i also want to know why we signed him...

did Lou said anything about it yet? i'd guess he'd come up with the... we need size and i like what he brings to the table in term of energy bla bla bla bla... but WHY do we sign 2 of those clowns... then buy one out... Re-sign the other and sign a BRAND NEW ONE just like them... it doesnt make sense at all

www.SterioDesign.com

#171 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

but WHY do we sign 2 of those clowns... then buy one out... Re-sign the other and sign a BRAND NEW ONE just like them... it doesnt make sense at all

Because Boulton sucks. It's also not out of the question that Boulton asked for this so he could go somewhere else he could play more. He was picked up and signed by the Isles very quickly. We don't know the reasons and can only speculate. We re-signed Cam to a two-way deal. I'd be willing to bet he's sent down to Albany at some point.

We've carried two "goons" on this squad in the past. Its also not a bad thing to have a guy like Barch (who is a better hockey player than both Boulton and Cam) that can do the dirty work/scrap so Clarkson doesnt have to. Clarky's become a much more important player on this team in DeBoer's system and we can't have him doing stupid stuff in division games, which are always tough contests. The Rags, Isles, and Flyers all have an element of nasty on their team when it concerns goonery. I'd much rather have Barch in that role than Boulton or let it fall on Clarkson who is too skilled to be doing that stuff. Barch can actually skate.

It didn't break the bank, it doesnt kill our cap, and neither of them will play in the playoffs. Its a necessary evil in the Atlantic Division regular season.

#172 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

http://devils.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

He's on the roster now. Guess its finally official.

No word on terms though.

One thing of note is the link to his Twitter is on his player page. And apparently Salvador's got a Twitter now too, but its not confirmed afaik and not linked on his page.

Capgeek has it up now.

1 way deal, 750k per year.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#173 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,248 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

Capgeek has it up now.

1 way deal, 750k per year.

ughhh :argh:

#174 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

ughhh :argh:

Or put another way, 0.3% of the cap more than any warm body would have to earn, minimum.

Edited by Devils731, 10 July 2012 - 01:40 PM.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#175 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,005 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

Or put another way, 0.3% more than any warm body would have to earn, minimum.

Yeah, I'm not getting the huge back lash. Not the best signing in the world but it's just a touch about minimum salary and, as ghdi mentioned, you need these guys at some point over the course of a season in the Atlantic division.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#176 Bonginator11

Bonginator11

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

i love the reactions to this signing here. reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Apu has the octuplets and Marge comes over with banana bread. Apu - "oh hallelujah our problems are solved, we have banana bread." Barch is our banana bread =P

#177 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

i love the reactions to this signing here. reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Apu has the octuplets and Marge comes over with banana bread. Apu - "oh hallelujah our problems are solved, we have banana bread." Barch is our banana bread =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBNaHiQ7G28

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#178 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

If that's racism and worthy of suspension, they should start suspending players everytime they call each other "faggots", especially with the whole "If you can play you can play" campaign going on.. I'm sure people say hurtful things in the heat of the moment, everything ranging from fat jokes, redneck insults, "faggots", etc., a banana peel joke is definitely not in that category. The people that make it a bigger deal than it is are the ones racially interpreting it for us, and thus, making the headlines about it..

Edited by DJ Eco, 11 July 2012 - 02:45 PM.

#179 sirbutlust

sirbutlust

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:59 PM

banana bread, ha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users