46 replies to this topic

#41 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

Volchenkov hasn't really been able to pan out. He used to steadily lead the league in blocked shots, but Marty isn't a fan of shot blocking so A-Train has had to curb that a bit.

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#42 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

Volchenkov hasn't really been able to pan out. He used to steadily lead the league in blocked shots, but Marty isn't a fan of shot blocking so A-Train has had to curb that a bit.

I dont know if that was in reference to my use of the word block, but I was referring to his NTC if that was the case.

I think Anton is an asset to this team, but if he was traded I wouldnt lose sleep. He doesnt seem to use his body as well as a guy his size should be able to.

#43 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

I dont know if that was in reference to my use of the word block, but I was referring to his NTC if that was the case.

I think Anton is an asset to this team, but if he was traded I wouldnt lose sleep. He doesnt seem to use his body as well as a guy his size should be able to.

No, it's in reference to the fact that shot blocking was his specialty in Ottawa.

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#44 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

No, it's in reference to the fact that shot blocking was his specialty in Ottawa.

Yea, he was the best in the league at it for a while. One of the reasons his signing was curious at the time.

#45 JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

pass

#46 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,848 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

Tallinder has a NTC
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#47 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

Tallinder has a NTC

No, he doesn't. The only d-men on our roster that do are Volchenkov and Zidlicky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users