64 replies to this topic

#1 smelly

smelly

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

Just said he got a text from Zach on July 2 that he was probably going to Wild ....

#2 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,950 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

Can't say I'm surprised. Just makes Zach look like he was full of it even more.

#3 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

I don't want to hate Zach, but he's making it very difficult to not want to hit him with a hammer.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#4 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

Can't say I'm surprised. Just makes Zach look like he was full of it even more.

He dreaded being the villain, but he knew way before it was announced. Fvck Zach and JP...and the Wild, and Suter, and the whole state of Minnesota!!!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#5 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

I don't want to hate Zach, but he's making it very difficult to not want to hit him with a hammer.

I didn't want to either, but he is making it TOOOOO easy

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#6 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

Just said he got a text from Zach on July 2 that he was probably going to Wild ....

....need...I...say....more?
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#7 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,255 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

He dreaded being the villain, but he knew way before it was announced. Fvck Zach and JP...and the Wild, and Suter, and the whole state of Minnesota!!!

Only problem I have with this viewpoint...why would he care about being perceived as a "villain"? The only people who would possibly feel that way and hate him are jilted Devils fans, and how often is he going to have to deal with us? Once a year tops, unless his team meets ours in the SC Final? It's not like he was our pal off the ice, and he's got several million reason$ not to give a flying fvck about how we feel.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#8 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

Only problem I have with this viewpoint...why would he care about being perceived as a "villain"? The only people who would possibly feel that way and hate him are jilted Devils fans, and how often is he going to have to deal with us? Once a year tops, unless his team meets ours in the SC Final? It's not like he was our pal off the ice, and he's got several million reason$ not to give a flying fvck about how we feel.

Because I think he is genuinely a good guy and knew how we would be perceived once he left. Believe it or not, I think he cares somewhat if Devils fans hate him. I think he felt bad/guilty about the whole thing, and prolonged it until it was time to sign the contract. Just my take.

#9 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

bc he has always liked the idea of himself. that's why he himself says things like, "anyone that knows me will say, that I don't want this media attention around me, they know I don't like that stuff". Its clearly not true bc he has to say it himself...but he likes how it sounds.

Edited by ben00rs, 05 July 2012 - 03:58 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#10 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,769 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

Eh I figured as much and at this point I don't care how it went down. He left and is gone for good and let's move on.

I never personally loved nor hated the guy. I did meet him a couple of times at signings at Sports Minded and never got a great vibe from him, but that is just how I felt and can't really guage a guy based on a couple of 20 second meetings with him.

#11 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:00 PM

I think he was a fake.

#12 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,255 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

Because I think he is genuinely a good guy and knew how we would be perceived once he left. Believe it or not, I think he cares somewhat if Devils fans hate him. I think he felt bad/guilty about the whole thing, and prolonged it until it was time to sign the contract. Just my take.

You could very well be right...who knows? We rooted for him and let him into our hearts, as diehard fans often do with certain players...maybe he knew that and knew an entire fanbase would be stung by his actions. I agree in that I also think he's a good guy, and whatever he did wasn't intentionally malicious or purposely dishonest.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#13 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

You could very well be right...who knows? We rooted for him and let him into our hearts, as diehard fans often do with certain players...maybe he knew that and knew an entire fanbase would be stung by his actions. I agree in that I also think he's a good guy, and whatever he did wasn't intentionally malicious or purposely dishonest.

Right

I think the idea of being viewed as a traitor will bother him. When I saw his bubble gum chewing interview I told a buddy of mine that he was as good as gone and that it was killing him to make the announcement. After seeing how it all played out, I believe that more than ever. He knew deep down he was leaving and it took him some time to come to grips with it. I also think the deafening boos he will hear on November 11 will bother him as well. Maybe not his play, but emotionally he will feel them.

#14 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

Really not shocking. He was leaning for the Wild but spent a day talking to Suter to make it more competitive. Should he have announced July 2nd that he was leaning Wild?

I don't get why that quote would make anyone feel worse or more annoyed by the situation?

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#15 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

Yeah, this is absolute bullsh!t! After the Devils file for tampering they can subpoena all Zach's phone records.

#16 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

Really not shocking. He was leaning for the Wild but spent a day talking to Suter to make it more competitive. Should he have announced July 2nd that he was leaning Wild?

I don't get why that quote would make anyone feel worse or more annoyed by the situation?

Devils fans would be mad because he kept us waiting for another 2 days when he could have ended the agony earlier. It is a business, and everyone has their poker face on until the last possible second. It sucks, but it is what it is...

#17 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

I don't hate him for leaving, fvck I don't even care that he left. But if the Devils pulled some bullsh!t like this the league would have already fined them 5 1st rounders. He knew was going to Minnesota a year ago.

#18 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

Do Zach and his dad realize they're just making themselves look like bigger scumbags with each admission?
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#19 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

I don't hate him for leaving, fvck I don't even care that he left. But if the Devils pulled some bullsh!t like this the league would have already fined them 5 1st rounders. He knew was going to Minnesota a year ago.

Another man with a point...a little extreme, but I agree...let the guy walk, but don't give us the dog and pony show for a year if you know where and when you are heading.

#20 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

Devils fans would be mad because he kept us waiting for another 2 days when he could have ended the agony earlier.

Well, people would've been mad about that too...

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users