64 replies to this topic

#41 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,388 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

I truly believed he was coming back up until I saw the video of the interview where he looked as nervous as a 12 year old in confession about to tell the priest he stole a pack of gum from the local convenience store. That was the tell tale sign to me....

To me it was when he said he had to talk with his family. I mean if he was staying there was nothing to talk about nothing would have changed

www.SterioDesign.com

#42 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

Damnit Zach, why are you making me hate you.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#43 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,290 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

I know I trashed Salvador for his play in the Finals (but he wasn't particularly great during the season), but I love this - 'This guy sucks in the Cup Finals' - well good luck getting back there without him.

Just to be a smartass lol

In the finals...

Parise - 1 goal 0 assists 1 point and a -5
Salvador - 1 goal 2 assists 3 points and a -1

overall playoffs

Parise - 8 goals 7 assists 15 points and a -8
Salvador - 4 goals 10 assists 14 points and a +9

Edited by Satans Hockey, 05 July 2012 - 05:33 PM.

#44 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

Just to be a smartass lol

In the finals...

Parise - 1 goal 0 assists 1 point and a -5
Salvador - 1 goal 2 assists 3 points and a -1

I think this is besides the point. Everyone stunk in the Finals for the most part. Getting there is the hard part. Without Zach we may not get past the Panthers. The only Devil who had more points than Zach throughout the entire playoffs is Kovy. 19 to 15.

#45 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,290 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

I think this is besides the point. Everyone stunk in the Finals for the most part. Getting there is the hard part. Without Zach we may not get past the Panthers. The only Devil who had more points than Zach throughout the entire playoffs is Kovy. 19 to 15.

I agree that we wouldn't have made it to the finals without Parise but like I said I was just being a smartass :lol:

Edited by Satans Hockey, 05 July 2012 - 05:41 PM.

#46 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

i think suter is really to blame. had suter signed with detroit like he was supposed to, i really think zach would be back here.

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#47 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

i think suter is really to blame. had suter signed with detroit like he was supposed to, i really think zach would be back here.

It's all Lidstrom's fault...if he didn't retire Suter would have went there to link up with him for a year, instead of having to be the guy to replace him.

:giggle:

#48 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:18 AM

It's all Lidstrom's fault...if he didn't retire Suter would have went there to link up with him for a year, instead of having to be the guy to replace him.

:giggle:

It's all Mike Milbury's fault, if he never........oh forget it...

Edited by ben00rs, 06 July 2012 - 09:24 AM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#49 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

More from everyone's boy...JP

http://www.newsday.c...esota-1.3823252
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#50 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

I enjoyed that article, in particular the parts that spoke of J.P. NOT being around for the Islanders 4 consecutive Cups.
Hears to the family curse living on!!!

... The only people who would possibly feel that way and hate him are jilted Devils fans, and how often is he going to have to deal with us? Once a year tops, unless his team meets ours in the SC Final?

The new format will have two games a year, and hopefully they do make the SCF and the Devils SMASH them. Oh how I dream of this scenario coming to be! Posted Image

... Believe it or not, I think he cares somewhat if Devils fans hate him. I think he felt bad/guilty about the whole thing, and prolonged it until it was time to sign the contract. Just my take.

All the more reason to give me to heckle him when given the opportunity! I do hope the Devils make it sting even more by marching right back to a Cup in 2013!!!! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#51 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

The new format will have two games a year, and hopefully they do make the SCF and the Devils SMASH them. Oh how I dream of this scenario coming to be!

I meant once in the Devils' building...the second game would be in Minnesota.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#52 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

The new format will have two games a year, and hopefully they do make the SCF and the Devils SMASH them. Oh how I dream of this scenario coming to be!

I wouldn't even want the Wild anywhere near the SCF, that would basically validate their decision to go there. Zach watching the Finals on TV forever (and us being in at least a couple of them) would be the best revenge.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#53 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

I wouldn't even want the Wild anywhere near the SCF, that would basically validate their decision to go there. Zach watching the Finals on TV forever (and us being in at least a couple of them) would be the best revenge.

+1

I hope Minny never makes the PLAYOFFS, nevermind Finals...

Although, would a Finals trip ending in a loss for the Wild validate Zach's decision to go there? I mean, our loss in the Finals did nothing to make him stay here....

Edited by ThreeCups, 06 July 2012 - 05:26 PM.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#54 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,485 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

If the devils win the cup I hope the devils send Zach 98 million copies of the team photo with the cup.

#55 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,627 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

at some point you have to sit back and say to yourself, "Zach is not a Devil anymore. Zach is a Minnesota Wild. He was flirting with Suter during the season, inappropriately, and in the end said fvck you to the Devils." He is an opposing player now, trying to make the Devils lose. You have to accept this and stop pretending to be above it.

But he DIDN'T say "fvck you" to the Devils. If anything, it was more like "so long and thanks for all the fish". Why does everything have to be "you're either with us or against us"?
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#56 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

But he DIDN'T say "fvck you" to the Devils. If anything, it was more like "so long and thanks for all the fish". Why does everything have to be "you're either with us or against us"?

No he didn't. I don't mean it that way. I said it that way to be blunt in response what I felt was someone not letting anyone say anything negative about Parise.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#57 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:49 AM

Because you are either on the team or on the competition

#58 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

:D Gotta love those dolphins. ;)
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#59 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,388 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

saddly they are building a pretty solid team and in 3-4 years they should be really really solid with all their youngs prospects coming up

www.SterioDesign.com

#60 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

saddly they are building a pretty solid team and in 3-4 years they should be really really solid with all their youngs prospects coming up

They'll need a goalie still. Maybe they're gonna snag Anthony, he plays in Minnie. Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users