Photo

Should the New Jersey Devils Consider Going After Alexander Semin?

• Please log in to reply
384 replies to this topic

#321 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

Nope he still DOAN't know what team he is signing with...

Ain't that a cryin' Shane.

n2eg.jpg

#322 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

why hasnt there been any news whatsoever on this guy?

can he just fvcking sign anywhere already so i can get my head out of the clouds!?

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#323 JakeDev

JakeDev

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

Well on NHL.com there's a video on Semin and they do mention us being in the race for Semin so that has to be something right? Atleast we know we're in it instead of just assuming we are :D

#324 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:37 PM

Well on NHL.com there's a video on Semin and they do mention us being in the race for Semin so that has to be something right? Atleast we know we're in it instead of just assuming we are :D

Link to video:
http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=638161

Yup, but it seems more like speculation then an actual shortlist and actually "in the race".

Edited by TheMazz, 18 July 2012 - 02:38 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#325 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

At first I was lukewarm to the idea of brining Semin on board. The more I think about it, the more I think it's a chance we should take, especially if we can get him on a 2-3 year deal. There just aren't any forward prospects in our system that will be ready to make the jump up the next few seasons, and we clearly have a large hole in the top 6. Using Tedenby or Clarkson there won't cut it.

Henrique-Zajac-Kovy
Semin-Elias-Zubrus
Tedenby/Bernier-Josefson-Clarkson
Carter-Gionta-Bernier/Barsch

Those lines don't look so bad to me.
Posted Image

#326 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

i know theres risk with semin but we were 2 games from the cup and lost our captain!
LETS STAY IN CONTENTION BY REPLACING 70-85 PTS ZACH WOULDVE SCORED THIS YR!!!!!

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#327 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

At first I was lukewarm to the idea of brining Semin on board. The more I think about it, the more I think it's a chance we should take, especially if we can get him on a 2-3 year deal. There just aren't any forward prospects in our system that will be ready to make the jump up the next few seasons, and we clearly have a large hole in the top 6. Using Tedenby or Clarkson there won't cut it.

Henrique-Zajac-Kovy
Semin-Elias-Zubrus
Tedenby/Bernier-Josefson-Clarkson
Carter-Gionta-Bernier/Barsch

Those lines don't look so bad to me.

If we had Semin I'd probably want to try him out on a line with Ilya whether with Zajac or Henrique centering. I'd love to see if there could be some chemistry created there.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#328 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

If we had Semin I'd probably want to try him out on a line with Ilya whether with Zajac or Henrique centering. I'd love to see if there could be some chemistry created there.

Kovy-Zajac-Semin
Elias-Henrique-Zubrus
Teddy-Josefson-Clarkson
CBGB
Barch/Cam

That lineup sounds good to me.

Edited by TheMazz, 18 July 2012 - 03:09 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#329 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,345 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

Kovy-Zajac-Semin
Elias-Henrique-Zubrus
Teddy-Josefson-Clarkson
CBGB
Barch/Cam

That lineup sounds good to me.

Looks good but still not sold on that third line. I hope Tedenby finally works out.

Edited by DevsMan84, 18 July 2012 - 03:13 PM.

#330 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

Looks good but still not sold on that third line. I hope Tedenby finally works out.

Well then re-signing Sykora I would think isn't out of the question. This would give the Devils a potential third line of:

Sykora-Josefson-Clarkson.

Although I really hope Tedenby works out as well. This is going to be what I assume is a "prove yourself" year for him. In my opinion, what I believe is the most likely scenario is if Tedenby DOESN'T pan out (and only if doesn't) then a trade will be made.

Edited by TheMazz, 18 July 2012 - 03:28 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#331 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

I thought went he was paired with JJ and Clarkson he looked the most comfortable so maybe if he gets this shot it will finally work out for him

#332 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

I see where you're coming from. Personally, I would be afraid that Semin and Kovy's styles are too similar to put them on the same line. You need someone to go into the corners and dig out pucks much like Zach used to. I don't see either of these 2 doing that. Plus, you can't expect the center to be the 1st guy in on the forecheck either. For those reasons, I had them split up with Henrique on the first line to take over for Zach, and Zubrus on the 2nd to forecheck and cycle the hell out of other teams.

Either way, the 1st 2 lines are much more formidible with Semin in the lineup than without him. I just feel that, without someone there to replace some, if not all, of Zach's offensive production, this team will struggle mightily to score more than 1 or 2 goals per game next season.
Posted Image

#333 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

Theres a poll on NHL.com asking who's going to sign Semin. We're currently 3rd in the poll behind the rest of the field and Detroit. Doesnt mean anything, but guess can't give up hope for his possible signing here yet.

http://www.nhl.com

Its on the bottom right of the frontpage

Edited by ghdi, 18 July 2012 - 04:19 PM.

#334 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

@dchesnokov

Semin's agent Mark Gandler tells SovSport "Washington is constantly offering us to come back." #Caps

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#335 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

@dchesnokov

Maybe, but on what terms. Obviously, the offer can't be very good which says a lot more about what they think of him. Gandler is going to have to work harder for this client than he has for anyone else, which is amazing considering the pure talent Semin possesses.
Posted Image

#336 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

I just want him to sign somewhere already or go back to Russia and play in the KHL. Hopefully he signs with US! C'MON LOU!!!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#337 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

ToddCordell: Alex Semin's agent, Mark Gandler, when asked if they've been talking with the #NJDevils: "I can't comment (on that)."

Take that as you will but personally, when I hear "I can't comment" or "no comment" I feel that means that something is brewing...

But perhaps that is just me looking too much into it.

n2eg.jpg

#338 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

ToddCordell: Alex Semin's agent, Mark Gandler, when asked if they've been talking with the #NJDevils: "I can't comment (on that)."

Take that as you will but personally, when I hear "I can't comment" or "no comment" I feel that means that something is brewing...

Eh its more than nothing but less than something.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#339 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

Eh its more than nothing but less than something.

It does sound Devilish though. Maybe since we hardly ever hear about the Devils being involved in a free agent we just assume now when someone says they can't comment that it means he is signing here. Gosh just pick somewhere already alex.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#340 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,676 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

It is looking too much into it. Cheshnokov said the agent's favorite two words were 'no comment'. And if the offers are as bad as they seem, I wouldn't want to go advertising that anyway.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 21 July 2012 - 02:19 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users