Photo

Should the New Jersey Devils Consider Going After Alexander Semin?

• Please log in to reply
384 replies to this topic

#41 JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

Curious what opinions are...

let's say hypothetically that Semin were an RFA this off-season and went to arbitration. What do you think the arbitrator's decision would be on what Semin's upcoming contract should be??

#42 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

Interesting rant to pass time:

http://www.rantsport...-of-alex-semin/

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#43 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

Will semin become another Kozlov or Mogilny (first stint)?? This is what I worry about. I would say offer him couple years (3-4M range) and see whether he deserves more money.

If we offer Semin something in the "3-4m range" he'll laugh at us all the way to Detroit or Pissburgh.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#44 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

JoshYohe_Trib
Alex Semin's agent, Mark Gandler: "No question, playing in Pittsburgh would be great. Alex would love to play with either Malkin or Crosby."

www.SterioDesign.com

#45 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

Matt Bradley is one of his peers, come on now. When your own teammates who've been in the locker room are saying **** that's a little different than Pierre or Crawford going over the top. It's not like Bradley ripped the whole organization.

And the Caps couldn't even wait till he signed somewhere else till they gave his number away lol, they had enough.

Yea I get that, obviously he deserves some of the blame. I just think a lot of whats been said is being blown out of proportion. He's still a good hockey player and can help us.

That said, I don't think we're going to get him, but I would like to see him here. I'm not even sure if we're even going after him.

#46 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

JoshYohe_Trib
Alex Semin's agent, Mark Gandler: "No question, playing in Pittsburgh would be great. Alex would love to play with either Malkin or Crosby."

Balls. Hopefully he can also see the upside in playing alongside Kovalchuk.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#47 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

Curious what opinions are...

let's say hypothetically that Semin were an RFA this off-season and went to arbitration. What do you think the arbitrator's decision would be on what Semin's upcoming contract should be??

I would guess 5-6. A player is almost always going to get more on the open market, but an arbitrator isnt going to make a guy take a huge cut from 6.7.

#48 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

JoshYohe_Trib

That's an agent saying whatever he can to jack his price and the interest of other GMs... Agents are slimy and I can't imagine there being a whole lot of genuine high-priced interest in Semin.

#49 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

That's an agent saying whatever he can to jack his price and the interest of other GMs... Agents are slimy and I can't imagine there being a whole lot of genuine high-priced interest in Semin.

Crosby tried hard to get his winger... failed... now its time for malkin to get on the phone

www.SterioDesign.com

#50 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:00 PM

Crosby tried hard to get his winger... failed... now its time for malkin to get on the phone

I so hope the rumor of Crosby being mad at Zach is true. Now I hope that Semin spurns the Pens (even if not to us) and the other one gets mad too.

#51 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

JoshYohe_Trib

and then his agent finished by saying, "but both at the same time is just too much."

#52 schneidpants

schneidpants

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

I think you should because we can't afford Nash and Doan is getting old. Plus you pair him up with Kovy on a line could be dominate

Posted Image

#53 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,706 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

C'mon dude...for one, he's had much more productive seasons than that, and they weren't very long ago, and he still has talent. He's getting at least $6 million or so per year from someone. Brandon friggin' Dubinsky's making $4 million a year for the next three seasons.

Like I said, he's an interesting case, in that he could decide the long-term offers he gets might not be that great, so he maybe he rolls the dice, and instead of taking guaranteed money for 5-6 years, he signs something like a 2-year, $13 million deal, plays above the value of that deal, then gets a bigger long-term contract than he would right now.

Thing about that is, nobody knows what's happening in the next CBA. Contract term might be limited after this offseason anyway. Plus the market's just too goofy right now, I see him taking what he can get which will probably be more than anyone's comfortable with.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#54 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,383 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

JoshYohe_Trib

Eh. That's like asking someone if they want a bag full of cash.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#55 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

I know this guy was brought up, but is "hockeyyinsiderr" credible? He tweeted this within the hour
On Semin. #Pens 4 year offer on the table still best he received so far. #CONFIRMED #RedWings and #NJDevils still interested. -- HockeyyInsiderr (@HockeyyInsiderr)

#56 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,756 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

I know this guy was brought up, but is "hockeyyinsiderr" credible? He tweeted this within the hour
On Semin. #Pens 4 year offer on the table still best he received so far. #CONFIRMED #RedWings and #NJDevils still interested. -- HockeyyInsiderr (@HockeyyInsiderr)

I'm not sure how many times the same sources have to get posted before people figure out who's credible and who isn't. The answer is no. The CAA security guard is more credible.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#57 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,328 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

HockeyyInsiderr is another Єklund (2.3% accurate) and Incarcerated Bob fake. At least Incarcerated Bob is funny with some of his off the wall comments outside of his bs rumors.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#58 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,756 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

HockeyyInsiderr is another Єklund (2.3% accurate) and Incarcerated Bob fake. At least Incarcerated Bob is funny with some of his off the wall comments outside of his bs rumors.

These types of "sources" are horsesh!t. There should be some kind of a ban from posting anything that isn't from Dreger and McKenzie or from a guy like TG. Enough with the Єklund (2.3% accurate)/Incarcerated Bob/Hockey Insiderrrrr crap, I'm tired of reading garbage.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#59 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,383 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

I imagine that there's still some grain of truth. Pens always end up being lucky bastards.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#60 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

Seriously what would ya'll rather have, a chance to play with Malkin and Crosby or the always successful Russian-NJ lure: Newark Airport's right down the street baby? Posted Image

Edited by ben00rs, 06 July 2012 - 07:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users