Photo

Taormina signs with Lightning

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:57 PM

Dam Tao, Now I have to redo my whole NHL12 team:/ Goodluck buddy:)

#22 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:34 PM

Wish him luck, unless he's playing us!

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#23 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,086 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

That sucks, some of the D depth is gone. I wish him the best and wish we could have exploited his shot better.

#24 sirbutlust

sirbutlust

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:34 PM

my wifes upset he left. his name rhymes with our girl cats name and that made him loveable to her. And her cat is upset, poor solomeena. thats all i have for that guy.

#25 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

Our Dmen usually succeed when they leave. Great training. But I also agree--and that Fayne has proven, you need size, size, size. That's a young guy we need to keep.

#26 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

Our Dmen usually succeed when they leave.

Ones that have made the club and stayed up for a period of time i.e. Rafalski, Niedermayer with Martin and Oduya to a lesser extent.

LeBlond, Fraser, Eckford, are just some recent names off the top of my head that got time here and did not work out (or has yet to be seen) in other places.

I like Taormina and he has a decent skillset, but I don't think his loss hurts our depth (we still have that) nor would I bet on him succeeding elsewhere. One issue with our fanbase is our constant (we all do it) overrating of our own prospects. I wish him the best and harbor nothing ill at all towards him, I just don't consider losing him a loss of any consequence. We could have easily re-signed him and chose not to, so I trust Lou and whomever else made the decision on this. The Lightning are giving him a chance, but Id be stunned if he was playing in the NHL this year, at least not until Salo gets hurt. The fact that Tampa only gave him a one year deal says a lot for what he was worth. He was at best a plug in terms of a trade asset, if even that.

#27 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

Perhaps he was under the influence of adult beverages, and there was no one to tell him not to press the send key?

Please let's be a bit more forgiving, or just ignore this outbursts. I mean, that is why you are on this board and not one which is truly inhabited by actual morons.
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users