ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

Don't expect Perry & Getzlaf to be on the market by then:

http://www.kuklaskor..._perry_getzlaf/

The Ducks intend to sign them, doesnt mean they will sign them. I think they only get one.

#42 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

Don't expect Perry & Getzlaf to be on the market by then:

http://www.kuklaskor..._perry_getzlaf/

He still has to actually sign them. I'm sure Lou intends to sign Zajac, too, but we are already preparing for the worst.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#43 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

He's in the Parise place. We won't trade him (unless we fall apart this season) since as we saw last year anything can happen in the playoffs. It might be a journey but this team is still good its just surviving the regular season and finding out if we can get the balanced scoring again

#44 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

Geez, these post-apocalpyse threads are getting so silly.

#45 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

Trading Zajac now is dumb. I'm more trade happy than Lou (I advocated like crazy to trade Gomer when it was extremely unpopular to do so... time has made that stance popular today - but I took a lot of sh!t for it then).

You play til the deadline with Zajac... you see his feelings on extending, or if you have a good read that he wants to return, but wants to see his market... Unless you're out of the playoffs, keep him.

If you get the feeling he's walking. Trade him at the deadline when teams will vastly overpay for expiring contracts. Unless the return is a Kovy return... then just roll with it, and hope for a nice cup run...

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#46 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

I don't know if this would be more creepy than supportive, but I have Zajac's address in Jersey. Maybe we could send him letters telling him to sign back with jersey before July 1, just maybe he would. But, even if we did not, he would choose wether or not to do so.

It's creepy and could be considered stalking at some point.

Let that thought go.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#47 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,890 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

I don't know if this would be more creepy than supportive, but I have Zajac's address in Jersey. Maybe we could send him letters telling him to sign back with jersey before July 1, just maybe he would. But, even if we did not, he would choose wether or not to do so.

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

Yes, it gets the hose again doesn't it Precious.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#48 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

It's creepy and could be considered stalking at some point.

Let that thought go.

100% with Jimmy on this. Do not contact a player at home, ever. Its one thing if you run into him on the street.

#49 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,131 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

Please tell me you didnt do that with Zach..................

www.SterioDesign.com

#50 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

That knockout was great. It came at a time when Cooke was a danger to every player on the ice too.

Bush league to scrap with a visor on, especially while the other dude has NO helmet though....

Please tell me you didnt do that with Zach..................

:rolleyes:

"9-1-1- do you have an emergency?"

"Yes, there are 3 people outside of my house in the bushes with red and black makeup on, wearing my jersey. They are holding posters that say "PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ZACH-Y-POO!" I'm scared for my life!"

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#51 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

Some of you guys are talking about Zajac like he's Patrik Elias in his prime. Hell, he's not better than Elias right now.

Some people think Patrick Elias is perennially stuck in 2006.

The wake up call is going to be brutal when the guy's decline becomes sharper this season.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#52 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

The fan pleading with Zach in the rain to stay after Game 6 of the SCF didn't help...don't bother sending letters to Travis.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#53 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

Some people think Patrick Elias is perennially stuck in 2006.

The wake up call is going to be brutal when the guy's decline becomes sharper this season.

And you've been talking about this wake up call since 2008 or 2009? At the end of the day, Elias was top 10 in scoring last season. Will he match that again...I'd say no chance, but again, he was the Devils best player in the disaster that was 2010-2011 and even better last season.

Give the guy his props once in a while before continuing to hammer home the decline of Patrik Elias.

The fan pleading with Zach in the rain to stay after Game 6 of the SCF didn't help...don't bother sending letters to Travis.

If anyone thought a few hundred fans begging him to stay was going to help an athlete make a lifetime decision...well I don't know what to say to that.

Edited by devilsrule33, 06 July 2012 - 06:24 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#54 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

On the other hand, Janssen seems like a player who would be fun to ding-dong-ditch.

Edited by ben00rs, 06 July 2012 - 07:41 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#55 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

If anyone thought a few hundred fans begging him to stay was going to help an athlete make a lifetime decision...well I don't know what to say to that.

can you imagine if I wrote a letter to Parise? He'd be like "one Benjamin wants me to stay and 980,000 want me to go." ok...bad joke.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users