Kill Mumia

#42 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,161 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

Wow, really? You must have been camping out in Arnott's office along with Parise. I wish you would have given us this inside information sooner.

And for the record, if you're gonna make up some bullsh!t like that, at least make it plausible. Detroit was out of the bidding fairly early, despite all reports stating that they made a big push for Parise. Also, Suter said he wants to stay in the midwest area, which Detroit is more or less part of. If Parise really wanted to play in Detroit, I don't think it would have been so hard to convince Suter to play there as well.

The reports have been all over this forum about Detroit, amongst other websites. They wanted Suter more and weren't willing to give Parise as much money.

I don't care if you respect Parise or not but don't come in here and act all high and mighty and call out our fans. He has done plenty to warrant the hate he is receiving from our fan base.

Respect Parise all you want but that doesn't make you a better Devils fan then anyone else here.

#43 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

not a dope head.. straight edge 29 yr old.. it was a bootleg jersey i wouldnt donate it.. call me immature, but i feel someone had to do it. fvck him. hes dead to me. but dont call me names cause i pissed on a bootleg jersey.

For me it's less of an issue that you pissed on the jersey and more of an issue that I had no choice but to see you pissing just because I wanted to see what you "think." Your golden stream arching and hitting that 9 will forever be ingrained into my visual memory. All cuz I opened your thread.

BECAUSE HE PLAYS FOR THE OTHER TEAM NOW. kay?

they might like to argue that they have logical reasons for their Parise jingoism but truthfully this is the point that these posters continually reject.

Edited by ben00rs, 08 July 2012 - 03:00 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#44 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

For me it's less of an issue that you pissed on the jersey and more of an issue that I had no choice but to see you pissing just because I wanted to see what you "think." Your golden stream arching and hitting that 9 will forever be ingrained into my visual memory. All cuz I opened your thread.

they might like to argue that they have logical reasons for their Parise jingoism but truthfully this is the point that these posters continually reject.

+1

#45 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

The reports have been all over this forum about Detroit, amongst other websites. They wanted Suter more and weren't willing to give Parise as much money.

Where the hell do you pull this sh!t from?

I don't care if you respect Parise or not but don't come in here and act all high and mighty and call out our fans. He has done plenty to warrant the hate he is receiving from our fan base.

Respect Parise all you want but that doesn't make you a better Devils fan then anyone else here.

I will call out anyone that I feel is acting like an idiot on this board, just like I will if I see "our fans" acting like idiots in our building. Just because you call yourself a fan doesn't excuse you from acting like a normal human being to another human being. You want to treat Parise like a piece of sh!t? I can't stop you, but I sure as hell will call you out for it. And you can't stop me from doing that.

#46 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,161 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

Where the hell do you pull this sh!t from?

Sutter actually didn't even take a paycut...
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399877

Unrestricted free agent defenceman Ryan Suter has reportedly been offered a 13-year, $90 million contract by the Detroit Red Wings.

A report in the Detroit Free Press says that Suter was offered $80 million by the Red Wings on Sunday, and the team has since increased its offer to the 27-year-old blueliner.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399913

The Detroit Red Wings were among the teams to take a run at both players, and were most interested in Suter as a player who could fill in after captain Nicklas Lidstrom retired.

I will call out anyone that I feel is acting like an idiot on this board, just like I will if I see "our fans" acting like idiots in our building. Just because you call yourself a fan doesn't excuse you from acting like a normal human being to another human being. You want to treat Parise like a piece of sh!t? I can't stop you, but I sure as hell will call you out for it. And you can't stop me from doing that.

So booing Parise in your eyes would be treating him like sh!t? Normal human beings don't get paid 98 million dollars to play a hockey game. We pay for tickets to attend these games and it doesn't make us "bad fans" to boo our former captain who chose to go play with his best friend forever instead of having a chance to win here, especially after the run to the finals we had this year.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 08 July 2012 - 03:16 PM.

#47 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

edit. decided not to do it.

Edited by ben00rs, 08 July 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#48 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

Sutter actually didn't even take a paycut...
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399877

Unrestricted free agent defenceman Ryan Suter has reportedly been offered a 13-year, $90 million contract by the Detroit Red Wings.

A report in the Detroit Free Press says that Suter was offered $80 million by the Red Wings on Sunday, and the team has since increased its offer to the 27-year-old blueliner.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399913

The Detroit Red Wings were among the teams to take a run at both players, and were most interested in Suter as a player who could fill in after captain Nicklas Lidstrom retired.

I wasn't referring to their interest in Suter. It was well known how much interest they had in him. The bullsh!t I was referring to was you stating that they weren't willing to offer Parise as much money. There is not a single report stating that, and in fact by all accounts prior to July 1, it seemed Detroit was the one that was making the biggest push for him, other than NJ.

#49 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

I laughed but then again this is the type of humor/joking around I find hilarious. Call me immature or a product of the tosh.0/jackass generation.

Hell, its just a bit of piss, you can still clean the jersey and get a new nameplate! Win-Win

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#50 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,161 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

I wasn't referring to their interest in Suter. It was well known how much interest they had in him. The bullsh!t I was referring to was you stating that they weren't willing to offer Parise as much money. There is not a single report stating that, and in fact by all accounts prior to July 1, it seemed Detroit was the one that was making the biggest push for him, other than NJ.

Neither of them took a paycut to go "back home" to Minnesota.

http://ca.sports.yah...-080457404.html

"Parise and Sutter, we didn't offer $200-million for the two of them, but the money we had on the table was significant. It was competitive."

#51 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

Neither of them took a paycut to go "back home" to Minnesota.

http://ca.sports.yah...-080457404.html

"Parise and Sutter, we didn't offer $200-million for the two of them, but the money we had on the table was significant. It was competitive."

But again, how does this corroborate what you said that Detroit wasn't willing to offer Parise the same money as Suter? Also, this line pretty much substantiates what has been said all along, that it WAS about family: "We made good offers to Ryan and Zack," Holland said. "They wanted to go home. You can't compete with family."

Edited by Amberite, 08 July 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#52 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,161 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

But again, how does this corroborate what you said that Detroit wasn't willing to offer Parise the same money as Suter? Also, this line pretty much substantiates what has been said all along, that it WAS about family: "We made good offers to Ryan and Zack," Holland said. "They wanted to go home. You can't compete with family."

It was stated by numerous people on this board but I've done enough google searching for you so go look it up yourself.

Of course its easy for them to say they wanted to go home and it was all about family when their home team is offering them the biggest amount of money and years.

I feel like Parise lied to us, whether he did or not we won't ever really know but that is why I don't respect Parise and is why ill be booing him when he shows up here.

If he won us a Stanley Cup I might feel differently but he didn't.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 08 July 2012 - 03:40 PM.

#53 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

Yea, I'm a fanatic all right. I'll boo Gomez for as long as he isn't a Devil. But you need to realize the difference between what Gomez did and what Parise did. Because they are WORLDS apart and this is what I'm trying to get across here.

lol, ok I didn't realize its impossible to respect other teams or other players. What was I thinking.

Absolutely spot on about Gomer being a MUCH BIGGER offender here. I will get over Parise after I let him know what I think of em. Gomer will ALWAYS be boo'd.

Right! Glad you see the light!

because he didn't just want to be with his family! If Detroit would have given him the right amount of money as him and his best friend then they both would have signed there!

He told LL it was NJ or minnie, so the Detroit angle is kinda broken.

Philly offered more than anyone as far as i concerned. And I agree wit Amberite with pretty much everything.

Butt kisser. Posted Image

LOL that was yer 666th post!

• Posted Image
  • Senior Devil
  • Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Posted Image
  • Posted Image

• Group:

Members
    06-June 11

... Normal human beings don't get paid 98 million dollars to play a hockey game.

LOL I was totally thinking he is not a normal human being, he is a PRO HOCKEY player!! LOL

Hell, its just a bit of piss, you can still clean the jersey and get a new nameplate! Win-Win

yup, "oh my goodness it's peepee" is a little theatrical, I think.

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#54 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

It was stated by numerous people on this board but I've done enough google searching for you so go look it up yourself.

Of course its easy for them to say they wanted to go home and it was all about family when their home team is offering them the biggest amount of money and years.

I feel like Parise lied to us, whether he did or not we won't ever really know but that is why I don't respect Parise and is why ill be booing him when he shows up here.

If he won us a Stanley Cup I might feel differently but he didn't.

Thank You Satans Hockey. I'm glad you caught it before you let Amberite pull this into a WHY debate when its a HOW debate. That's the issue. Amberite and the posters that preceded him aren't even listening. They just want to prove something about themselves.

Edited by ben00rs, 08 July 2012 - 03:50 PM.

#55 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

Thank You Satans Hockey. I'm glad you caught it before you let Amberite pull this into a WHY debate when its a HOW debate. That's the issue. Amberite and the posters that preceded him aren't even listening. They just want to prove something about themselves.

What? Are you kidding? First, he didn't say anything in that post of any value. Second, what is there to listen to here? He's saying he'll keep hating Parise because he THINKS he lied to us, which is a ridiculous assumption in itself. As I said in a previous post, everyone is free to their own opinion. But I am also free to call them out on it. Maybe it's you that isn't even listening.

#56 enjoythesilence

enjoythesilence

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

I think I agree with this.

same. regardless of the name on the back, when you look at the front, it's still a devils jersey. sell it, throw it on the ice, frame it with only the front showing, or pack it away in the attic.
"They score! Henrique! It's over!"-Doc
"I couldn't be prouder of this group"-Pete DeBoer

#57 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

What? Are you kidding? First, he didn't say anything in that post of any value. Second, what is there to listen to here? He's saying he'll keep hating Parise because he THINKS he lied to us, which is a ridiculous assumption in itself. As I said in a previous post, everyone is free to their own opinion. But I am also free to call them out on it. Maybe it's you that isn't even listening.

I don't hate Parise but I don't think that's what he was trying to say at first. To me it was, "Parise plays the part of the loyal soldier real well...he reads the script but in the end, isn't one. He didn't do this correctly. He was talking with Suter during the playoffs, but then he acts all "I don't want to discuss contract stuff at all," to the media during the playoffs like he is some dedicated Devil. Along with ditching the captaincy he never wore it with pride. And as soon as he jumped to Minnesota to be with his lover, he thought, "Wow I'm such a good guy, first I'll massage NJ by telling them what a great organization I think they are. Then I'll whack them off by feeding them the bullsh!t that if I hadn't flown to Minny I would have signed with the Devils and finally I'll give them a full suck off by continually repeating the line that this decision was made in the early hours of the day it was announced." Aw gee Zach, ya sure are swell (and you also don't know sh!t about PR talking to fans condescendingly) - but I guess it worked with some people here.

Of course he made sure to let everyone no how "If you ask anyone that knows me they'll tell you I don't want any of the attention," and "it's not about the money." Give me a break with that sh!t. I'm not saying its wrong to make a lot of money, but he wants to pretend he's a great guy for only taking 98 million dollars and for sticking up for his poor buddy and getting him 98 million dollars too, further screwing the Wild for years to come. I love this country but sometimes people are just so out of touch.

You may have not been around Amberite but for days we have been arguing the HOW and they respond with the WHY. According to some posters we owe Zach Parise something and he doesn't owe us anything and they "know" that because they have a greater understanding of the game and business and we're just emotional and that's not ok. They're too smart for that.

But whatever, I'm only continuing the Parise speak because everyone else is. That and some people can't accept that he CHOSE to not be a Devil anymore and isn't one. It can all be summed up in a combination of what I said in my thread and what a poster said earlier today - Parise left and abandoned the "C" because he doesn't fit here. Kovy remains because he is everything Jersey is about = shut your mouth, lead, acquire CUP. Parise honestly isn't part of my concern anymore. Throw that "C" on the man who we actually all unanimously criticized, while Parise dodged the blame, and he took it in stride and rose.

So go on, keep finding reasons to defend this guy. It's a waste of breath. To him NJ is an after-thought and he's spending his day with Ryan Suter swapping cute lines back and forth about how good each looks in their Wild jersey. fvck him. He doesn't want to be here, then I don't even care what happened, I'll say whatever the fvck I want about that opposing player and no fellow Devils fan should be trying to stop me.

Edited by ben00rs, 08 July 2012 - 06:02 PM.

#58 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

:rolleyes: some people just can't let it go. Sure I was pissed he left...for a day or two. But not like I ever owned any Parise merch. Now I can look forward to getting the C put on my Kovy jersey, once it becomes official....

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#59 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

:rolleyes: some people just can't let it go. Sure I was pissed he left...for a day or two. But not like I ever owned any Parise merch. Now I can look forward to getting the C put on my Kovy jersey, once it becomes official....

Lol, it's been four days. Give it a break.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#60 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

Some people just need more time to vent and they could have been more emotionally attached to him. It happens and eventually everything will calm down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users