89 replies to this topic

#41 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,432 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

Anyone that's getting on Larry is still feeling burned on the Parise fiasco and is expressing misdirected anger. Larry's been dragged back here so many times already, came back as an assistant after being fired when Cuniff got cancer, came back as coach when Burns was sick, came back as an assistant to help Sutter/Mac/DeBoer. It was 50/50 he was leaning toward retirement anyway, so taking a lesser job with a team near family works out for him.

The timing sucks with already losing Oates, but hopefully Stevens does take the job full-time.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#42 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

He was skating with his grandkids after practice when the team was practicing in LA for the SCF. They seem to be between 5-8 years old.

He's done SO much for us - he's earned the right to be a Grandpapa the way he sees fit.

Is some disrespectful, spiteful, selfish loser here going to piss on his NJ memorabilia now? :rolleyes:

What, like a suit? Posted Image

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#43 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,123 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

Anyone that's getting on Larry is still feeling burned on the Parise fiasco and is expressing misdirected anger. Larry's been dragged back here so many times already, came back as an assistant after being fired when Cuniff got cancer, came back as coach when Burns was sick, came back as an assistant to help Sutter/Mac/DeBoer. It was 50/50 he was leaning toward retirement anyway, so taking a lesser job with a team near family works out for him.

The timing sucks with already losing Oates, but hopefully Stevens does take the job full-time.

I don't think anyone is pissed by the decision or has voiced any problem with it. Some people probably didn't know the personal reasons behind it.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#44 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

Wilson is big on tech, maybe he'll be the head skype coach. I don't think much of this. I would guess his contract was up and he didn't feel like going on the road much anymore, and being a roving instructor for the Devils, is still road work.

Wilson is gone, dumbass. LOL. Man I'm tired. The tech point still stands though.

Edited by maxpower, 08 July 2012 - 06:48 PM.

#45 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

I don't think anyone is pissed by the decision or has voiced any problem with it. Some people probably didn't know the personal reasons behind it.

yeah this, I think there might be some bigger uglier news coming in the near future

#46 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

I think Brodeur fired him.

Probably did it was in his contract, Marty needs D in front of him to save his bacon.

#47 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

Something about this makes me think DeBoer took the Devils job under the condition that he'd continue with Lou's "company men" assistant coaches for one year, but starting with the second year he'd be using his own guys.

Anyone have any background info on who DeBo's worked with in the past? I know that in Florida he worked with Mike Kitchen, Jim Hulton, and Gord Murphy.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#48 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

Probably did it was in his contract, Marty needs D in front of him to save his bacon.

Ya know, I like this guy.

#49 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,162 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

Is some disrespectful, spiteful, selfish loser here going to piss on his NJ memorabilia now and post pictures? :rolleyes:

Is the same poster who always take shots at this fan base going to try to take a shot again when not a single bad thing was said about Larry in this thread? Oh wait, he already did. :rolleyes:

Edited by Satans Hockey, 08 July 2012 - 07:28 PM.

#50 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

Again I briefly come out of retirement... I didn't see the halfsharkalike bail... But, of course, I saw the enlarged new Stevens bio on the website - after he had no bio last season. So I pretty much knew Larry was gone... :(

Now... For REAL. I retire ... No special assignment coach here...

I'm guessing Stevens still isn't into fulltime asst coach but hell be there if he sees he can really help. That's my take on it anyhow.

I miss Oates. Maybe we can get Hall to replace him. ? :urg:

I'm here for the party

#51 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

Is the same poster who always take shots at this fan base going to try to take a shot again when not a single bad thing was said about Larry in this thread? Oh wait, he already did. :rolleyes:

Based on some of the posts lately this fanbase needs a few more shots at it. Read the threads on this site.

There's a thread with a dude pissing on a Devils jersey - its is a disrespectful, ban-worthy, embarrassment to this site.

I expect that from Rags and Flyers fans - not us. I understand the shock for a few days - but - Have we become a bunch of whiny spoiled children?

Go ahead, trash me because it says "LA" in my profile - but I'm really surprised at a lot of folks here.

A bunch of posters trying to read tea leaves into press quotes by Parise as to whether he was deceiving the fanbase, attempting to rewrite history with even the most eloquent of posts? They did it to Langs and they're going to do it to Parise. Master conspiracy? Bad Captain? This guy worked harder than anyone else on the ice every night - and every player said so! He was what drove this team.

Can't we thank the guy for his contribution? Can't we repsect his hard work?

I don't care what anyone here says - the most important thing at the end of the day is to be able to hug the people you love. That's what life is about - relationships. Zach wanted to be closer to that, for his future kids and family to be able to be together as a unit.

I'll never criticize that. He's earned it - more than many many players. Wish him the best of success in MIN.

Time served.

Edited by DevilinLA, 08 July 2012 - 07:38 PM.

Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#52 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,162 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

Based on some of the posts lately this fanbase needs a few more shots at it. Read the threads on this site.

There's a thread with a dude pissing on a Devils jersey - its is a disrespectful, ban-worthy, embarrassment to this site.

I expect that from Rags and Flyers fans - not us. I understand the shock for a few days - but - Have we become a bunch of whiny spoiled children?

Go ahead, trash me because it says "LA" in my profile - but I'm really surprised at a lot of folks here.

A bunch of posters trying to read tea leaves into press quotes by Parise as to whether he was deceiving the fanbase, attempting to rewrite history with even the most eloquent of posts? They did it to Langs and they're going to do it to Parise. Master conspiracy? Bad Captain? This guy worked harder than anyone else on the ice every night - and every player said so! He was what drove this team.

I don't care what anyone here says - the most important thing at the end of the day is to be able to hug the people you love. That's what life is about - relationships. Zach wanted to be closer to that, for his future kids and family to be able to be together as a unit.

I'll never criticize that. He's earned. Wish him the best of success in MIN.

Time served.

I didn't trash you cause you have LA in your thread but you decided to take shots in this thread in which nobody said a bad thing about Larry. I trashed you cause you have taken numerous shots at this fan base over the years and there was no reason to do it in this thread yet again. Take the Parise sh!t to the 8 other threads about the same topic.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 08 July 2012 - 07:40 PM.

#53 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

I'll never criticize that. He's earned it - more than many many players. Wish him the best of success in MIN.

Time served.

No offense but you've come on late here and are comparing apples and oranges. It was one poster who pissed on a jersey and no one is congratulating him for it.

#54 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

:blahblah:
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#55 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:59 PM

I didn't trash you cause you have LA in your thread but you decided to take shots in this thread in which nobody said a bad thing about Larry. I trashed you cause you have taken numerous shots at this fan base over the years and there was no reason to do it in this thread yet again. Take the Parise sh!t to the 8 other threads about the same topic.

Fair enough - wrong place.
I was just hoping people weren't going to continue their anger-fest onto Larry.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#56 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,005 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

...no more bunny hop victory dances? :'(

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#57 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

I think Brodeur fired him.

Did I say that? I don't think so but if he was a negative for Marty's Stats then I agree.

#58 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,005 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

Fair enough - wrong place.
I was just hoping people weren't going to continue their anger-fest onto Larry.

But still, ease the hell up. Don't come into this place once a month, kick your feet up on our coffee table, and tell us that we're all bad fans because a few of our fellow members are dopes.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#59 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

What a bummer...

i know that Bergevin called Lou not too long after the cup final asking if he could talk with Robinson... Lou agreed but things with MTL didnt work out. Im really glad it didnt lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#60 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

The more I think about this the more it hurts. All season long some of the long tenured guys here talked about how this was the most cohesive coaching unit they have seen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users