HAVILAND

#62 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

But still, ease the hell up. Don't come into this place once a month, kick your feet up on our coffee table, and tell us that we're all bad fans because a few of our fellow members are dopes.

I never "Called out the fanbase, or told anyone the were bad fans". Its clearly referring to the extremes here. People see what they want to see. Read the original post:

"He was skating with his grandkids after practice when the team was practicing in LA for the SCF. They seem to be between 5-8 years old.

He's done SO much for us - he's earned the right to be a Grandpapa the way he sees fit.

Is some disrespectful, spiteful, selfish loser here going to piss on his NJ memorabilia now and post pictures?"

If I want to come here and post once a month, or once a year - what difference does it make. I swear some of you hold grudges on and on and on. I don't know what compels people to debate the poster instead of the content of the post.

I usually don't feel the need as of late to join the discussions- but days of reading the Parise-hate, revisionist history, and the absurd pissing thread really compelled me to respond.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#63 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

But guys, we signed Krys Barch! Who cares if we lost Zach Parise, Adam Oates, Larry Robinson, a potential first rounder next year, Zharkov went back to Siberia and...... Sniff sniff (excuse me.... I need a minute..... I think I am gonna cry.)

Oh, forget it. I am sure Krys Barch can fill ALL those positions. Yea!

Now gimme that damn pipe before my high wears off.
Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#64 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

I miss the bunny hop already.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#65 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

I miss the bunny hop already.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#66 mort4345

mort4345

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:21 AM

Maybe I'm making too much of this, but this decision hurts. It's obviously not a fatal wound, but really? Man, we're all just going to have to weather the storm.

#67 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:38 AM

I wonder why Lou let him (Larry) walk? Maybe we need to move on? If you think about, our playoff success wasn't about "old school" devils hockey. Not like boring ass Ranger hockey, which we were always accused of. We were fun/exciting to watch. We need new blood. PDB is taking us in a new direction. Maybe, this is what the last draft was all about? A forechecking machine.
And, I don't think stevens behind the bench is the fix. #99 wasn't a very good coach

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#68 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,008 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:58 AM

If I want to come here and post once a month, or once a year - what difference does it make. I swear some of you hold grudges on and on and on. I don't know what compels people to debate the poster instead of the content of the post.

No offense, but you make it too easy with the fact that like 95% of your posts are either ripping the team, or ripping the fans here, including your 'preemptive strike' in this thread.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#69 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:58 AM

I never "Called out the fanbase, or told anyone the were bad fans". Its clearly referring to the extremes here. People see what they want to see. Read the original post:

"He was skating with his grandkids after practice when the team was practicing in LA for the SCF. They seem to be between 5-8 years old.

He's done SO much for us - he's earned the right to be a Grandpapa the way he sees fit.

Is some disrespectful, spiteful, selfish loser here going to piss on his NJ memorabilia now and post pictures?"

I usually don't feel the need as of late to join the discussions- but days of reading the Parise-hate, revisionist history, and the absurd pissing thread really compelled me to respond.

I don't care if you post 5 times a year if those posts actually add something to the discussion. You come off as such an asswipe; instead of actually adding to the conversation you tell us why we aren't worthy to be fans of the team, you tell us that we're overreacting, you tell us that we're doing something wrong. Your schtick got so, so goddamn old.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#70 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

DinLA: I know a lot of people are touchy around here, but it sounds like you're close to leaving - please don't.

Eventually this day with Robinson would come - I wonder if Albelin gets the call.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#71 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:10 AM

Next season will.be.interesting.
It's the whiskey talking.

#72 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

I don't care if you post 5 times a year if those posts actually add something to the discussion. You come off as such an asswipe; instead of actually adding to the conversation you tell us why we aren't worthy to be fans of the team, you tell us that we're overreacting, you tell us that we're doing something wrong. Your schtick got so, so goddamn old.

Yeah, maybe I should try blasting everyone with rude expletives and name calling - all under the guise of "emotional".

Read the damn post and the other 2 follow-ups - I'm appalled at these two facts:
1. ) that a kid is pissing on a jersey - and its being tolerated here - I find that disrespectful and tactless
2.) People can't seperate Parise the player from Parise the human being - as if he was some robot put here entirely for the entertainment of others.

That's been the discussion - yet it always comes back to "calling out the fanbase".

You got balls calling this site "our coffee table" - as if we didn't arrive here at the same time years ago and you were entitled to something that others might not be.

Truth is, you are quick to come out and make things personal - and then hide behind "we".

You're a smart kid at a great school with a great future in front of you (Which is as much as I know about you). But you don't know me or my life.

I try to contribute by posting observations when the guys come here to LA and insightful posts - but this year has been tough, losing a parent, paying a mortgage, and getting diagnosed with cancer a week ago. So before you call someone out for "not contributing enough to the message board" realize that many of us are leading adult lives with their own challenges and we are real people behind these avatars.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#73 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,658 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

Maybe realistic options:

Albelin
Stevens
Haviland

In the next couple years start to bring in:

Jay Pandolfo
John Madden
Sergei Brylin

Perhaps Dave Barr will have more responsibilities too. I wonder who else is out there offensively we could get.

#74 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

DinLA: I know a lot of people are touchy around here, but it sounds like you're close to leaving - please don't.

+1

And best wishes with your recent struggles.
Posted Image

#75 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

Smart man... :whistling:

Everything about this hire for the Sharks from the Associate coach title, to the fact that he has no experience with Mclellan indicates if the Sharks struggle out the gate, McLellan will be replaced with Robinson by Christmas I think. I guess Robinson might want that, but his last stint as Head Coach didn't work out so well.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman, 09 July 2012 - 11:07 AM.

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#76 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

"Robinson said returning to Devils as a full-time asst. coach was not an option because it was hard on his wife."

www.SterioDesign.com

#77 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

Smart man... :whistling:

Everything about this hire for the Sharks from the Associate coach title, to the fact that he has no experience with Mclellan indicates if the Sharks struggle out the gate, McLellan will be replaced with Robinson by Christmas I think. I guess Robinson might want that, but his last stint as Head Coach didn't work out so well.

From his interview it doesn't look like he is looking for the head coach position at all.
Posted Image

#78 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

I wonder why Lou let him (Larry) walk? Maybe we need to move on? If you think about, our playoff success wasn't about "old school" devils hockey. Not like boring ass Ranger hockey, which we were always accused of. We were fun/exciting to watch. We need new blood. PDB is taking us in a new direction. Maybe, this is what the last draft was all about? A forechecking machine.
And, I don't think stevens behind the bench is the fix. #99 wasn't a very good coach

Lou let him go because Larry and Lou have that kind of respect for each other. Lou wouldn't want Larry here if he isn't happy here. And from the looks of things, his grandchildren were an important factor.

As for Stevens, yeah, I don't know about that. Your point about Gretzky is perfect. It's hard to teach players something that comes naturally to you.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#79 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

Yeah I guess I wasn't the only person who thought that's what it looked like

Sharks Beat Writer

Robinson: "I didn't come here to be a head coach," saying he made it clear on first phone call that would not happen w/#sjsharks.

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#80 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

Whats the difference between an assistant coach and an associate coach? Is it similar to Dave Barr's role with us?

Edited by devlman, 09 July 2012 - 03:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users