28 replies to this topic

#21 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

Maybe finally one of the army of "special assignment coaches" that the devils have will be promoted. Would love to see either Stevens, Barr, albelin or haviland in there.

Cmon now... we all know Lou better than that... we all know those guys you just named! lol of course we'll have to use google to figure out who our next assistants coaches will be

www.SterioDesign.com

#22 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:58 PM

Yeah, I'm sure Adam Oates would otherwise turn down a head coaching job. And the Devils were really strung out cash-wise that they can't afford to pay Larry Robinson less than a league minimum goon. In fact, I heard that they aren't going to hire any assistant coaches.

Please come back when you have a clue what you're talking about.

That was an awfully spicy response
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#23 mort4345

mort4345

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

You know, if Larry would have just retired to spend more time with his grandkids, I could deal with that. I still wouldn't be happy about it, but at least I'd understand. But to leave the Devils to go and coach with the Sharks, that hurts a little bit more - especially on the heels of the Parise deal. I'm not sure what to make of it, but man, Devils fans are really riding through a rough patch right now.

#24 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:26 AM

ill miss parises timely empty net goals, oates bipolar powerplay, and robinsons bunny hop.

#25 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

ill miss parises timely empty net goals, oates bipolar powerplay, and robinsons bunny hop.

hahaha

#26 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

I think Lou saw that Pete can handle the team and told Larry thanks for helping hold us up. Now you can do whatever you wanted to do. Peter, birng in your own guys.

Edited by peteyvegas, 09 July 2012 - 09:07 AM.

#27 nj96

nj96

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

Anyone upset about Oates leaving has forgotten about our complete inability to score a power-play goal, which, as I understand it, was the whole point of having Oates in the first place. If the team had at least a clue about running a powerplay we might have a 4th cup right now... With the talent we had out there, we should have been (way) better than we were.

As for Larry, I think his time here has run its course. He's been good, but not spectacular, with our young talent.

I'm actually pretty excited to see who PDB brings in. I'm really hoping it's someone from outside the organization. A little new blood in the idea department isn't a bad thing... Maybe they'll teach the team the illusive "one-timer" we've all seen other teams employ...

#28 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

Every team after a deep run loses assistant coaches no matter the sport. Larry has given this franchise a lot of years and I wish him the best no matter where he ends up. He is a class act that represents the NHL well. As for Oates, we failed at the PP and had lousy face off win % which I would have thought were his areas of expertise. Not too much of a loss in my eyes.

Lets let PDB build his own team, then we'll judge whether these were true losses or not.
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#29 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

Maybe they'll teach the team the illusive "one-timer" we've all seen other teams employ...

I'm fairly comfortable with the pass to the point... and then have him lose the puck in his skates, then wait another second or so just in case the the goalie isn't yet in position, and to give more time to let the defenders get in the shooting lane... finish it off with a soft lob lob at that net that gets blocked and turns into a 2 on 1 against our aging goalie.

But I'll try anything "one-timer"

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users