55 replies to this topic

#41 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,788 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

I guess when you want to see something that isn't there you do. You guys make me chuckle about half as much as seeing everyone jump ship from the Devils. I saw it coming. I was wrong about Brodeur, but that was about it. I hope they give the "C" to Kovalchuk so I can find even more reason to dislike him.

Yeah, everyone jumped ship. Oh wait, of the free agents the Devils had, Parise and Ponikarovsky left, Hedberg, Brodeur, Salvador, Carter, Gionta, Harrold, and Bernier stayed, and Sykora is undecided. But yes, everyone left, meaning 2 out of 9 free agents. Probably because of Kovalchuk.

Or they are Rags fans that will make up BS and preach it as truth in an attempt to bash the Devils. I don't understand the conspiracy theories like Chorske is alluding to as it was reported all over the place as the playoffs went on that he was injured and not 100%. Anyone who followed the team or the NHL throughout the regular season and playoffs would have understood this. You could see it in the way he skated and reached for loose pucks that his back was not right.

I just don't get the over the top Kovy hate from some people. The guy has come here, worked hard and changed his game to become a better all-around player. He's the most talented player on the team, and led it in scoring with a herniated disk in his back en route to the SCF. He's not a prima donna like we heard about, is open and available to the media and fans, and seems to be liked by his teammates. What is the problem?

His nationality, his style of play, and his contract.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#42 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

I agree the door swings both ways, but why do other fans (NON-Devils supporters) I speak with agree with me?

Well, why do other fans (NON-Devils supporters) I speak with not share your opinion?

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#43 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

but why do other fans (NON-Devils supporters) I speak with agree with me?

I'm not going to go to the trouble of doing a poll of all hockey fans, but your premise is wrong. Most Ranger fans I talk to, even rabid-Devil haters, will concede that Kovalchuk was great this year. (My Ranger fan uncle said, "I can now tell why the Devils restructured their entire payroll to keep him"). Go to any Ranger message board and you'll see the same thing. Even the group think hockey talking heads have stopped their ranting about Kovalchuk being lazy, selfish, whatever. Hell, even Bobby Holik has come around.

It's quite fair to argue that he's still overpaid and that his production will decline dramatically in too short a time period. But then again, you could say the same thing Parise, Suter, Gaborik, Staal, Nash, Brad Richards, and a lot of other people. Strange that you're not ranting and raving about them.

You clearly have an irrational hatred of Kovy and are willing to ignore all facts and reason in making your point. It might have been cute for about five minutes. Now it's just petulant and stupid. I never thought anyone could overtake LD in that category. Congratulations, you just won the prize.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#44 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,025 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

As per a bulging disc or two... My wife

I stopped reading here.

That poor, poor woman.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#45 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

This thread is a perfect example of why I wish the posts of people I have on ignore didn't show up in quotes.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#46 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

I stopped reading here.

That poor, poor woman.

Marty with a classic post!

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#47 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

I stopped reading here.

That poor, poor woman.

:clap2:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#48 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,500 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

You should jump ship TO the Devils.

I'd rather have no fans than fans like 'that'.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#49 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

Don't...feed...the...troll

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#50 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:35 AM

As per a bulging disc or two... My wife got hurt on the job and sucked it up with that injury. She worked thru the incredible pain with a MUCH less salary that involved walking all day, outside, and carrying heavy packages. I wouldn't equate it with a game since she did for much longer than a game and for so much less than Kovalchuk got paid. It irritated her that someone who is making that kind of money coasted a lot. She thought it was Mario Lemieux in disguise at time. My wife also was in tears with the pain, so if in fact he had the bulging discs, I think I can give him some slack, but everyone plays hurt. Look at players who had broken legs, dislocated shoulders, broken ribs and yes bad backs and won the cups. It is about how much you want the cup. I didn't see that in him every shift or every other shift.

Sorry about your wife but this is just a completely asinine criticism. When I was dealing with a bulging disc and sciatica I didn't take any time off from work either and I work at a job that involves a lot of time on my feet as well as carrying hockey nets and shoveling snow, yet I was still unable to play in any of my hockey games no matter how badly I wanted to. The quite obvious main differences are that in hockey you have people trying to level you, not to mention all the typical bumps and whacks you get during the normal course of board battles and the like, and you don't have time to be careful about your muscle movements to minimize the pain.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#51 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,056 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

For Christ sake, he's back again?

#52 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,062 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

I find that if you read his posts in the voice of..

Posted Image

they're actually pretty enjoyable!

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#53 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

Posted Image

So read them in the voice of Stan Fischler?

n2eg.jpg

#54 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,909 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:45 AM

I'm gonna keep an eye out for someone booing kovalchuk with an onion on their belt next season.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#55 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

I'm gonna keep an eye out for someone booing kovalchuk with an onion on their belt next season.

He'll be wearing a jersey with Carter's name and the number "dickity" on the back. He has to use "dickity" because the Kaiser stole our word "twenty".
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#56 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,909 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

He'll be wearing a jersey with Carter's name and the number "dickity" on the back. He has to use "dickity" because the Kaiser stole our word "twenty".

They chased him for dickity-six miles...
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users