66 replies to this topic

#21 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

I still think Doan is a better fit for the Devils than another year of Petr Sykora or even taking a chance on Kristian Huselius... but I don't see him signing for anything less than 2 years and too much money. If his demands are actually reasonable and he believes the Devils could compete this year, I'd welcome him.

There's no way the Devils' offer would be as competitive as, say, Detroit's or Pittsburgh's, though. And in Pitt he really could be the next Ray Bourque, walking onto a team loaded with talent as-is.

Great! Throw in Andreas Lilja and you've got all three Swedes accused of raping a chick.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#22 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:25 PM

let sykora go somewhere else, he's too soft as is Huselius. How good is Semin on the wall?

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#23 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:32 PM

let sykora go somewhere else, he's too soft as is Huselius. How good is Semin on the wall?

You want him on that wall! You need him on that wall!

#24 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:43 PM

Players still haven't got the message that playing for an organization like the Devils increases their value come free agent time.

+2

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#25 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:59 PM

Great leadership and not a bad player. If the price is right I have no problem.

#26 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

Word is Doan's agent has made inquiries with the Red Wings. I'm pretty confident he'll end up there.

#27 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

Word is Doan's agent has made inquiries with the Red Wings. I'm pretty confident he'll end up there.

If he doesn't sign in PHO, this is def the place I'd put my money on. It's the perfect destination for a career western conferencer who wants a Cup.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#28 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,123 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:43 PM

Doan probably wants a contract that will last until retirement. If NJ got him, I could see Rolston all over again. Put him on the Penguins with Crosby or Malkin and he can probably overachieve longer than he would anywhere else.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#29 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

If that is true then I assume that would take them out of the running for the Semin sweepstakes.

n2eg.jpg

#30 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

If that is true then I assume that would take them out of the running for the Semin sweepstakes.

It might, but the buzz on the internets is Semin is close to signing with Pittsburgh. So that still leaves us in the lurch.

#31 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:08 AM

His agent is ridiculous trying to crank the price With all those reports about "mutual interest" with teams and doan...

I swear to god ive seen and read reports coming from his agent or teams saying that they were interested in doan and that he was also interested... Ridiculous.

Red wings, sharks, habs, pens, avs, cannucks, hawks... They all have interest and doan have interest in them... What a whore

www.SterioDesign.com

#32 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

His agent is ridiculous trying to crank the price With all those reports about "mutual interest" with teams and doan...

I swear to god ive seen and read reports coming from his agent or teams saying that they were interested in doan and that he was also interested... Ridiculous.

Red wings, sharks, habs, pens, avs, cannucks, hawks... They all have interest and doan have interest in them... What a whore

He has to create a market for Doan just like Marty's agent needed to do in order to pry the 2nd year out of the Devils. What I don't understand is, if he is that married to his current team, then why doesn't he sign a 1 year deal to stay in Phoenix as they are not moving prior to the 2012-13 season no matter what happens with the potential new owner. It's probably not in his best interest $$ wise, but sometime players take less money to play somewhere they really want to with their new BFF in tow as we all have come to find out recently. :whistling:

We have leaders in our locker room already, but I wouldn't mind him being a stop gap measure for a year or 2 in our top 6, but I highly doubt he comes here. As much as I'd like Tedenby to step up and grab a top 6 spot, I just think he's too small, has a poor shot, and is not physical enough to play the role he needs to on this team.
Posted Image

#33 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

He has to create a market for Doan just like Marty's agent needed to do in order to pry the 2nd year out of the Devils. What I don't understand is, if he is that married to his current team, then why doesn't he sign a 1 year deal to stay in Phoenix as they are not moving prior to the 2012-13 season no matter what happens with the potential new owner.

Because his last season might be the best season of the rest of his career. It's very likely he could get lower offers as he enters his late 30's.

#34 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

Because his last season might be the best season of the rest of his career. It's very likely he could get lower offers as he enters his late 30's.

Exactly. If he signed a 1 yr deal and put up sh!t numbers, he would be toast for the next contract. Too much to risk for him at this age to sign a 1 year deal.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#35 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

Shane Doan, is no longer accepting offers...for now.

http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

Shane Doan is willing to give the Phoenix Coyotes until next Monday before he starts considering other options available to him in free agency.

Doan originally set a July 9 deadline to get a new multi-year contract done with the Coyotes. His initial deadline coincided with when he was hoping to get more clarity on Greg Jamison's bid to purchase the Coyotes.

However, the deadline came and went without any more clarity on the ownership situation. Doan, though, isn't ready to give up on the Coyotes, so, according to Fox Sports Arizona, the longtime Phoenix captain has set a new deadline for July 16.

Edited by ben00rs, 11 July 2012 - 12:15 PM.

#36 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

imho Doan is going to Detroit
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#37 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

Some Eastern Conference team offered Doan 4 years/30 million! lol

https://twitter.com/...841139659259905

#38 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

if thats true its absolutely insane lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#39 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

if thats true its absolutely insane lol

Imagine if it's us? Lmao. (Which it most likely isn't.)

EDIT:

Hockey Buzz Єklund (2.3% accurate) ‏@Єklund (2.3% accurate)

The Flyers are Confirmed NOT the alleged eastern Team who made a 4 year/ $30M offer to Shane Doan.

So based on the way Єklund (2.3% accurate) worked where he says the opposite of what is true...he's going to the Flyers! :lol:

Edited by TheMazz, 13 July 2012 - 02:41 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#40 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

Good lord.

believe-zubrus.jpg