205 replies to this topic

#21 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:39 AM

Yikes. Bro Douchebaggery, homophobia, misogyny and admitting to targeting the head. This could get UGLY
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
But a hockey team called the Mighty Ducks?
Aw, man.

#22 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:55 AM

I love the interview... and agree, the media could eat him alive for it. Which sucks. Most athletes are this way, they just need to filter themselves to death to the point you get this as their persona: "Hockey has been good to me, the owner/management is great, the fans are great, it's just been an unbelievable ride that I hope continues zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Edited by aylbert, 12 July 2012 - 06:55 AM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#23 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

But sadly many times the reason the team is down by three is because of these type of players.

:lol:

That is true, though.

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#24 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:09 AM

Best line of the interview...

"If I feel like I can't fvck guys up, I get depressed" haha

#25 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:19 AM

I'm sure with the You Can Play Project, this is the kind of example they would just hate. I know he was probably joking, but this is exactly the joking around inside locker rooms I imagine happens all the time. We'll see if this interview stays quiet. If not, Cam has some explaining to do.

Even so Cam shouldn't have to explain himself to anyone. I don't care if you're straight, gay, bi, white, black, brown, green or purple but the you can play project and the nhl diversity project are both PC bullsh!t projects.

#26 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:48 AM

Did anyone else get a bad vibe from the last two minutes of that interview? Like maybe it was the sort of thing Belak, Boogaard, or Rypien might have said?

God, I hope I'm WWAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY off on that.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#27 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,124 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:49 AM

Kinda know how this will turn out.

Like others have noted, once the mainstream media gets a hold of this, it will turn into the "who can act the most offended/outraged" contest among the journalists and television media, especially when individual quotes are stripped of their context and made to sound much worse than they were ever intended to. And if the NHL is going to want to make an example of someone for comments he made that some will deem inappropriate/offensive/prejudiced/etc., they've got the ideal whipping boy in Cam...they won't have any fear of coming down on him hard.

Lou ain't gonna like this one bit.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#28 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:04 AM

This is total bullsh!t. It's not like he was talking about gay bashing he was talking about trash talking during games. While Cam is an asskicker in this sequence he was talking about figurative asskicking. Cam gave an uncensored interview which was great but of course now people are going to take this the wrong way and go on a homophobic rant about why players can't come out of the closet. Who cares? It's the NHL. It's ice hockey. It's not the pick your sex partner games...

#29 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:07 AM

Best line of the interview...

"If I feel like I can't fvck guys up, I get depressed" haha

See... Cam's not homophobic. He like fvcking guys. (See what I just did there)

#30 giodude

giodude

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

Magnificant Cam, pure YouTube genius. I would love to see him in a bar drunk, that would be entertainment
Posted Image

#31 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

Did anyone else get a bad vibe from the last two minutes of that interview? Like maybe it was the sort of thing Belak, Boogaard, or Rypien might have said?

That was the first thing that came to my mind.

I heard ticket sales from the Southern teams just went up 50%. :lol:

#32 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

Magnificant Cam, pure YouTube genius. I would love to see him in a bar drunk, that would be entertainment

A work buddy did actually meet him in a bar drunk. He asked to buy him a shot and take a pic with him.
Cam said no... "I'm Cam Janssen... shots are on me." He was thrilled. :)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#33 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

A work buddy did actually meet him in a bar drunk. He asked to buy him a shot and take a pic with him.
Cam said no... "I'm Cam Janssen... shots are on me." He was thrilled. :)

best story, ever.
Posted Image

#34 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,124 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:56 AM

This is total bullsh!t. It's not like he was talking about gay bashing he was talking about trash talking during games. While Cam is an asskicker in this sequence he was talking about figurative asskicking. Cam gave an uncensored interview which was great but of course now people are going to take this the wrong way and go on a homophobic rant about why players can't come out of the closet. Who cares? It's the NHL. It's ice hockey. It's not the pick your sex partner games...

But you know how this works. How many times have you kid around with a buddy and said something like "Oh please, you're such a f*g!" and not meant anything remotely homophobic by it? But certain "zero tolerance, zero thought" groups, even though they know better, act like that kind of joking around like this isn't really joking, and right away the guy who said the comment is anti-gay and uttered an anti-gay slur, and needs to undergo tolerance and sensitivity training. That's where the real joke lies.

What's sad is the sensitivity thought police are winning (or have pretty much won)...I think most level-headed people will hear what Cam said and say, "Yeah, some of what he said was pretty funny, but IN TODAY'S WORLD you really have to watch what you say." So even though most people are smart enough to know what he was going for, the much louder "let me get up in arms about everything that offends me" crowd will have the final say. And yet another guy who dared to be human and say things a lot of people say in a variety of settings when they are simply being themselves will be made an example.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 12 July 2012 - 09:10 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#35 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:10 AM

So to get off the PR police thread...

I would have like to heard his honest thoughts of how its like to be in a Stanley Cup playoffs... in a deep run... as a healthy scratch. Do teammates rib you? How hard are you playing on the ice at practice... etc I know the bullsh!t tv replies... but it would have been nice to get an unfiltered answer.

He's smart enough to know we are his meal ticket as it's clear he's incredibly grateful to NJ... but he very clearly misses STL... and not just because he's on a STL podcast.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#36 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

YES. Immediately. It seemed like his inner dark side was being expressed. It was scary for a minute. I hope he was just clowning around, but it seemed like he was talking from personal convictions.

Hopefully it is nothing...

BUT...

That was the BEST and MOST.UN-DEVIL-LIKE.INTERVIEW.EVER!

How long until we hear Cam is waived?!?

So to get off the PR police thread...

I would have like to heard his honest thoughts of how its like to be in a Stanley Cup playoffs... in a deep run... as a healthy scratch. Do teammates rib you? How hard are you playing on the ice at practice... etc I know the bullsh!t tv replies... but it would have been nice to get an unfiltered answer.

He's smart enough to know we are his meal ticket as it's clear he's incredibly grateful to NJ... but he very clearly misses STL... and not just because he's on a STL podcast.

I was hoping they would touch on that as well. The guys asked him questions as if he played the whole run. Cam was answering the questions like he did also....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#37 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

The guys asked him questions as if he played the whole run. Cam was answering the questions like he did also....

Maybe we need to update Cam's wikipedia page so they would know that Posted Image Posted Image

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#38 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

YES. Immediately. It seemed like his inner dark side was being expressed. It was scary for a minute. I hope he was just clowning around, but it seemed like he was talking from personal convictions.

Hopefully it is nothing...

I don't think we saw his dark side. I took what he said as that he gets depressed when he's being a bum on the couch and just hanging out and partying instead of working out and trying to get better. The majority of people who work out, feel better afterwards. That's what I thought he was saying.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 12 July 2012 - 09:34 AM.

#39 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

I didnt have the same reaction either. I think he was just expressing his need to feel good about himself. I didnt find it "dark" or depressing.
It's the whiskey talking.

#40 JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

I predict this interview is nothing more than an interview that sits on youtube and viewed here and there. It's not going to blow up the media.
Just my opinion.

fart :boogie:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users