205 replies to this topic

#121 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:02 AM

Andy Strickland@andystricklandUnfortunately Cam Janssen has had to cancel our morning interview...have more later

#122 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

Patrick Burke ‏@BurkieYCP
We'll be trying to reach out to Cam and the Devils over the next couple days to get a chance to educate Cam on what we do.
Final thought: If players weren't using this language, we wouldn't have launched. Changing the culture is a slow process- requires patience.

Yep it will be a slow and incredibly long process. Tons of hockey players and pro athletes and regular members of society talk this way and act this way.

#123 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

Blown way out of proportion, like many of you are saying. Interviews like this make their way to like 100 people that download it. And once you start making it a big deal, that number of interest turns into like 30,000 people who want to know wtf Cam Janssen said..

#124 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

Blown way out of proportion, like many of you are saying. Interviews like this make their way to like 100 people that download it. And once you start making it a big deal, that number of interest turns into like 30,000 people who want to know wtf Cam Janssen said..

and most likely "Who is Cam Janssen?"
It's the whiskey talking.

#125 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

http://devils.nhl.co...s.htm?id=637851

Statement from Cam Janssen. Sickening he even had to make a statement. Awful, the PC society that we live in now. This comment was taken completely out of context. As someone that is actually for gay rights I could even tell that Cam was talking about players on the ice...not homosexuals.

Disgusting.

Edited by TheMazz, 13 July 2012 - 09:43 AM.

n2eg.jpg

#126 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

Ugh.... What a joke, feel bad for the guy, this backlash is just dumb.

#127 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

Why should he have to apologize for his language? Janssen can say what he wants. Too bad there are so many insensitive hypocritical jerks out there.

#128 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:57 AM

Free speech; only if what you have to say is agreeable.

Is it October yet? Can't believe we're all talking about cam fvcking janssen. Shoot me.

#129 JakeDev

JakeDev

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Devils RW Cam Janssen issues statement apologizing for comments in a internet radio interview earlier this week:

#130 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

Lament PC Society all you want. When you shoot your mouth, you are representing your employer weather you are on clock or not. They'd likely rather not have you on record trashing competitors, even if was just in fun.

#131 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,262 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

I did find this tweet funny by Adam Proteau

Adam Proteau ‏@Proteautype
How about that Cam Janssen, eh? All the class of an unflushed toilet. Hey Cam – if you can't play, you can't play!

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#132 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Devils RW Cam Janssen issues statement apologizing for comments in a internet radio interview earlier this week:

Back when I was doing internet radio we had no filters...though I'm not an athlete.

Even so though Patrick Burke took this way too far. Janssen shouldn't have had to apologize at all.

n2eg.jpg

#133 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,006 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

I didn't see the interview, but I'm sure this was another typical overreaction by our over-pussified, crybaby society. Yaaaaay.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#134 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,262 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

Just remmeber Cam Janssen didn't make a personal apology. He made an apology on the Devils website apologizing to Devils management. This is something Lou most likely made him do even though I imagine he'd have to do on his own anyway.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#135 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

I didn't see the interview, but I'm sure this was another typical overreaction by our over-pussified, crybaby society. Yaaaaay.

+ 1

That's the thing with all of this. He was talking about beating the sh!t out of players on the ice, Burke and co along with some other sensitive people on twitter took it the wrong way and Cam had to apologize to get the media sh!tstorm off his back. If he actually was attacking an orientation with malice intent that would be different...

But nope, even the littlest thing is hate speech nowadays.

n2eg.jpg

#136 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,006 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

+ 1

That's the thing with all of this. He was talking about beating the sh!t out of players on the ice, Burke and co along with some other sensitive people on twitter took it the wrong way and Cam had to apologize to get the media sh!tstorm off his back. If he actually was attacking an orientation with malice intent that would be different...

But nope, even the littlest thing is hate speech nowadays.

That's it eh? Unbelievable. Judging by the reaction, I would've thought Cam said "I hate f*gs".
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#137 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

That's it eh? Unbelievable. Judging by the reaction, I would've thought Cam said "I hate f*gs".

The same thing crossed my mind with Tracy Morgan but that's another argument for a different section of this forum.

n2eg.jpg

#138 enjoythesilence

enjoythesilence

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

Yep it will be a slow and incredibly long process. Tons of hockey players and pro athletes and regular members of society talk this way and act this way.

http://devils.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=637851

Statement from Cam Janssen. Sickening he even had to make a statement. Awful, the PC society that we live in now. This comment was taken completely out of context. As someone that is actually for gay rights I could even tell that Cam was talking about players on the ice...not homosexuals.

Disgusting.

i agree with all of these. all i see and read with the articles making such a big deal is :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: this world is way to sensative nowadays, coming from someone who can be a bit sensative. but like everyone said, so many people talk like that, especially in sports. when they are revved up and in the moment of the game, so those sorts of things comes out of their mouths. they cant help it. also, i feel like whatever he said was taken out of context a bit and the radio hosts basically set him up for what he walked in to.

what happened to freedom of speech? it wasnt directly toward someone. people are also making a big deal about the regret you feel after banging a fat chick...it happens people! get over it.

and why aren't people saying anything about him feeling depressed if he's not at the gym or playing?! :noclue: dont know whats coming to this world

Edited by enjoythesilence, 13 July 2012 - 10:28 AM.

"They score! Henrique! It's over!"-Doc
"I couldn't be prouder of this group"-Pete DeBoer

#139 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

http://devils.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=637851

Disgusting.

I agree. I'm sick of having this PC BS shoved down my throat at every turn. Cam's interview was crass and classless, but who gives a flying F? If anyone was "truly" offended by his comments, they have some serious issues.
Posted Image

#140 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

I for one liked his audition to get the devils on 24/7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users