#41 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

F Zach

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#42 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,617 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

Glad to see you again running to the rescue of your buddy.

Seven.

No, wait, eight... nine... ten. You done yet? (No, of course not. You're one of those guys who always has to get the last word.)
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#43 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:03 PM

This is one of those times I wish this place had the 'ignore thread' feature that exists on HF. This and every other Parise thread that's going to crop up until November is just the same argument from the same posters.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 18 July 2012 - 06:05 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#44 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

Seven.

No, wait, eight... nine... ten. You done yet? (No, of course not. You're one of those guys who always has to get the last word.)

Lol Funny you only ever talk to me when I am having it out with your buddy but never with anyone else. Why is that?

Also relay what you just said to me to your buddy as well. He could use that advice also. Wait never mind you would never dare do that.

#45 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,617 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

This is one of those times I wish this place had the 'ignore thread' feature that exists on HF. This and every other Parise thread that's going to crop up until November is just the same argument from the same posters.

Ignore thread? I'm not on HF, so how does that work?

That reminds me, I was going to post a tutorial on how to use the ignore member feature back during the playoffs but I never got around to it. Maybe I'll put that up tonight.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

#46 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,617 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

Lol Funny you only ever talk to me when I am having it out with your buddy but never with anyone else. Why is that?

Also relay what you just said to me to your buddy as well. He could use that advice also. Wait never mind you would never dare do that.

Eleven.

Seriously, give it up. At this point you're just embarrassing yourself.

#47 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

Ignore thread? I'm not on HF, so how does that work?

That reminds me, I was going to post a tutorial on how to use the ignore member feature back during the playoffs but I never got around to it. Maybe I'll put that up tonight.

There's a little X by the title of each thread, if you click it you never see the thread again. It's quite useful for the nonsense like Predict the Score or other stuff I don't care to see there.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#48 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

Eleven.

Seriously, give it up. At this point you're just embarrassing yourself.

And three for you:)

#49 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

Oh believe me, I hear where you're coming from. It bothered me, too, that he left the Devils.

I'm not getting how you came to the conclusion that Zach doesn't have the required hunger to win.

If I am reading Pepp correctly, and from my own analysis of our dearly departed captain (may he rest in a sheet of ice, the a$$hole), I think ZP lacking hunger comes from a couple things:

First, we never won anything while he was here. Granted, we went to a cup this year with him, but he isn't Stevens, Nieds, Marty in his prime, or Daneyko. He plays hard, he works his ass off, but I can't help but wonder if the passion carries over into leadership. For Stevens, for example, he could change a game without a word. ZP can't and doesn't IMHO.

Second, I think there is a feeling that ZP is going into a situation that is bound to be too comfortable. He gets to play at home, gets to play with his boyhood friend, yadda yadda. To be great in the NHL most of these guys need to eek every ounce of performance out; I think ZP needs even more to excel. And yet, I think the Minnesota Wilds atmosphere will do just the opposite: it may encourage a sort of mediocrity that would be disastrous for ZP. Ergo, sapping him of the hunger he will need to win and be a winner.

Finally, and this is my own take, I don't know if ZP has ever really played under trying circumstances before. He played for good programs in his developmental years I believe and the Devils, except for half a season a year ago, have been competitive for a couple decades now. So how will ZP deal with mediocrity? Often players unaccustomed to losing find it doesn't "suit" them and become unhappy very quickly. I think Zacp may be one of those. We will see.
Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#50 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:59 PM

I'm looking forward to zp soundbites of 'we as leaders just have to do more' after that seven game losing streak pisses off the wild fan base.

Edited by ZeroGravityFat, 19 July 2012 - 11:00 PM.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#51 Devildude

Devildude

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

I'm looking forward to zp soundbites of 'we as leaders just have to do more' after that seven game losing streak pisses off the wild fan base.

That is awesome... but think bigger.... 12 game losing streaks.... 15 game losing streaks... Dare to dream of Suter getting a hammy and Zach skating off holding his childhood friend in arms crying "why God why?..."

Edited by Devildude, 20 July 2012 - 11:05 AM.

Still a Fan of Friesen!

Those Devils are Damn Good... DAMN GOOD!!!!

#52 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:59 AM

That is awesome... but think bigger.... 12 game losing streaks.... 15 game losing streaks... Dare to dream of Suter getting a hammy and Zach skating off holding his childhood friend in arms crying "why God why?..."

Personally i want zach and ryan to be happy

Happy to be welcoming a top 5 draft pick in 2013

www.SterioDesign.com

#53 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

You had me going for a couple of mouse wheel spins. :giggle:

I really dislike the prick but it's going to get much worse the first time I see him in a wild jersey on the ice.

Edited by NJDevils1214, 22 July 2012 - 11:39 AM.

815631765.gif

#54 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

Yeah but a top 5 pick would give them the potential on snagging a great prospect that would make their team better for years to come. Id much rather them get a pick in the 10-15 range. The pick would be more of a risk and not as clear and a pick in that range means they'd still miss the playoffs.

n2eg.jpg

#55 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,178 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

This +10000000x

#56 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

This +10000000x

Parise is a dick. Sorry just got to keep this going until November.

Edited by NJDevils1214, 22 July 2012 - 12:28 PM.

815631765.gif

#57 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

I was watching a playoff montage and of course saw Zach in it. Not gonna lie, it's gonna be weird as hell not having him on the team

#58 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

Yeah but a top 5 pick would give them the potential on snagging a great prospect that would make their team better for years to come. Id much rather them get a pick in the 10-15 range. The pick would be more of a risk and not as clear and a pick in that range means they'd still miss the playoffs.

well to be honest the wild have a really bright future and its pissing me off...

www.SterioDesign.com

#59 Devildude

Devildude

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

well to be honest the wild have a really bright future and its pissing me off...

To be honest, they can have a bright future but they won be able to hold on to it since they invested a ton of money into two best "friends" that never want to be out of each others site and can now do warm ups before every game hand in hand.
Still a Fan of Friesen!

Those Devils are Damn Good... DAMN GOOD!!!!

#60 daneyko_booster

daneyko_booster

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

Had a connecting flight thru Minneapolis and they have parise and Suter T-shirts prominently displayed at the entrance to a store in the concourse. Did a double take and felt a little sad. I don't hold anything against him, but it did take me aback a bit for a second. Later two guys I was sitting next to at the bar were discussing Suter and parise. minny fans are very excited to have him. The parise shirt was number 11, not 9.
Official Keeper of Ken Daneyko's missing teeth, Jeff Friesen's moustache, Shanahan's Pub in the CAA concourse (only place you could buy Guinness). Unofficial Keeper of Wayne Gretzky's perm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users