• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,622 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:31 PM

Had a connecting flight thru Minneapolis and they have parise and Suter T-shirts prominently displayed at the entrance to a store in the concourse. Did a double take and felt a little sad. I don't hold anything against him, but it did take me aback a bit for a second. Later two guys I was sitting next to at the bar were discussing Suter and parise. minny fans are very excited to have him. The parise shirt was number 11, not 9.

11 was his number at UND and his father's number with the North Stars. You don't exactly get to choose your numbers in the Devils system, although coincidentally he did wear 11 his one year in Albany.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#62 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,790 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

11 was his number at UND and his father's number with the North Stars. You don't exactly get to choose your numbers in the Devils system, although coincidentally he did wear 11 his one year in Albany.

#11 was already taken by John Madden; if it had been available, I bet he would've gotten it.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#63 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

#11 was already taken by John Madden; if it had been available, I bet he would've gotten it.

He mentioned that at the news conference afgter signing with MN. He had no actual attachment to #9, and couldn't get his prefered #11 in NJ because Madden already had it. I think Koivu is #9 in MN, so he had to take #11.
Posted Image

#64 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

Zach who?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#65 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,622 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

Good point about #11 already being taken, I forgot about that. My point, though, was that he had no attachment to #9 and clearly preferred #11.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#66 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,139 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

Good point about #11 already being taken, I forgot about that. My point, though, was that he had no attachment to #9 and clearly preferred #11.

That scumbag pretended all along that he was happy with #9, when in reality, he couldn't wait to get his hands on #11. What else did we not know about Zach Parise?

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#67 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,056 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:40 AM

That scumbag pretended all along that he was happy with #9, when in reality, he couldn't wait to get his hands on #11. What else did we not know about Zach Parise?

Laughed pretty hard at this

#68 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:38 AM

After the infamous game 3 loss to the Rags where Parise refused to talk to the media, according to one of my most trusted sources, Parise went to the nearest orphanage and punched every baby square in the face. A few minutes later, he went down to the animal shelter and kicked as many deformed puppies he could find. I'm glad that sick bastard is on our team anymore

#69 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

I'm still thrilled he's in Minny (if not with us) and not ANYWHERE else, like these teams I hate passionately, phi, pitt, nyr, det.

#70 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

And now for something completely different.
NHL Network had Game 6 of the Devs/Panthers series on last night. Watched the whole thing again and still got excited when that OT goal went in.
It's the whiskey talking.

#71 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

After the infamous game 3 loss to the Rags where Parise refused to talk to the media, according to one of my most trusted sources, Parise went to the nearest orphanage and punched every baby square in the face. A few minutes later, he went down to the animal shelter and kicked as many deformed puppies he could find. I'm glad that sick bastard is on our team anymore

At least he didn't journey down to Popcorn Park Zoo... then I'd be questioning his morals.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#72 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

And now for something completely different.
NHL Network had Game 6 of the Devs/Panthers series on last night. Watched the whole thing again and still got excited when that OT goal went in.

They showed all 7 games of the series yesterday. I forgot how dominant the Devils were. Game 6 was like 41- to 15 SOG

#73 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

Was funny, was watching game 7 & couldn't remember those announcers. Then remembered that we had the Steve & Chico broadcast. Nice watch on a hot summer night. Loved the Marty saves in the 1st OT. Fans were ready to celebrate.

#74 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,025 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

I was at game 7 and those saves happened right in front of me. I thought that was the end of the season right there.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users