22 replies to this topic

#21 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:32 AM

I saw Burlon play and IMO doesn't do anything outstanding. He's not a physical player,(never will be, kinda small) but he's more Andy Greene 2.0. Not sure what solid means? Don't understand "upside" either. (people throw that word around like they know what they're talking about). I was impressed with Gelinas. In a game against the cup winning Admirals, Albany down 3 goals, got to 3-2 w/a lil over a minute left. Gelinas was put on the point face off in d zone. Albany won faceoff back to Kelly, D to D to Gelinas, Score! He was/is the go-to guy. Funny skater however, kinda "bowl legged" big long stick too. Hopefully I'm wrong but Burlon will be career AHL'er. Gelinas will make it difficult to be sent down.

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#22 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

I saw Burlon play and IMO doesn't do anything outstanding. He's not a physical player,(never will be, kinda small) but he's more Andy Greene 2.0. Not sure what solid means? Don't understand "upside" either. (people throw that word around like they know what they're talking about). I was impressed with Gelinas. In a game against the cup winning Admirals, Albany down 3 goals, got to 3-2 w/a lil over a minute left. Gelinas was put on the point face off in d zone. Albany won faceoff back to Kelly, D to D to Gelinas, Score! He was/is the go-to guy. Funny skater however, kinda "bowl legged" big long stick too. Hopefully I'm wrong but Burlon will be career AHL'er. Gelinas will make it difficult to be sent down.

Thanks for the insight! I haven't had the chance to see anything more than highlight videos but it really seems like Burlon is down on the depth chart when you think of the emergence of Fayne and Larsson at the NHL level and Gelinas, Urbom, and soon Merrill at the AHL level. I also wouldn't be shocked if a guy like Corbin McPherson passes him eventually. Sometimes I get the impression that Burlon being a 2nd round pick has caused people to think of him higher than he should be. I still don't get why he didn't return to Michigan for his senior year and decided to go pro so soon.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#23 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

I bet Scarlett and Severson will be creeping up on him in the depth chart pretty soon as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users