45 replies to this topic

#41 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

Bryzgalov played great for 2 out of the 5 games. He GAVE us game 5. Literally did everything except shoot the puck into his own net.

I don't think so. Look at the 3 goals, the Clarkson goal was the biggest fluke ever, goalies get away with that 99 out of 100 times, Ilya just has terrible luck. The Salvador goal was a perfect deflection off of Simmonds stick going in under the bar. Then the Kovy blast through a screen off the inside of the pipe was unstoppable. Even game 4 he had no shot. The Sykora and Zidliky deflections are amazing plays and Zubrus was left all by himself on the third goal. I thought his only bad game was game 1.

Bottom line he played great with having a god awful defense.

Edited by Zubie#8, 22 July 2012 - 10:06 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#42 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:48 PM

Bryzgalov played great for 2 out of the 5 games. He GAVE us game 5. Literally did everything except shoot the puck into his own net.

Oh? Now deflections don't count? Posted Image

... I thought his only bad game was game 1.

Haha! Yet they won that game. Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#43 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

Oh? Now deflections don't count? Posted Image

Haha! Yet they won that game. Posted Image

Cause we scored first in that game! :doh1:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#44 sirbutlust

sirbutlust

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:29 PM

i think since we are Devil fans, we dont appreciate how good they have been the last season and a half. Every loss pisses us off and makes us think its over. I think back to teh playoffs and i remember being bummed out many times and doubting they could come back but they did.Thats whats differnet about this years team, they came back. LIke Marty after a bad game, the whole team came back. Not like other years, like the playoffs agianst philly where they seemed to give up, they came back. they didnt let history tell them it wasnt possible to not beat the rangers, flyers and get out of the first round. Thats what made me proud this season even if they did loose in teh end (then i blame refs for allowing LA to shove Devils anytime they entered teh zone and many the bad call, even so i'll give LA credit). another big factor in my eyes is Pittsburgh got knocked out in the first round. I really dont see the Devils beating them but in fairness, i thougth they were done in Philly like i imagine so many others did. I like being wrong. Frankly i think the Devils are going to suck next year and players are getting older and wont put up numbers like last eyar , lots of injuries due to fatique from last year and age, Marty will loose it, and the 4th line will have blown its load but prove me wrong....please.

#45 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,679 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:34 AM

To me its more how the rangers made it to the conference finals... Everything went their way for the whole season i just cant believe they could do it again, they relied on their goalie, hard work and luck the whole time.

www.SterioDesign.com

#46 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:00 PM

To me its more how the rangers made it to the conference finals... Everything went their way for the whole season i just cant believe they could do it again, they relied on their goalie, hard work and luck the whole time.

I saw that play out with the Devils since the lockout. You play 110 percent every game in the regular season and rely on the goalie to beat your opponents and there is no where to go in the playoffs. Yet the Rags made it barely past their first two opponents

Edited by roomtemp, 23 July 2012 - 11:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users