69 replies to this topic

#61 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:17 AM

It's impossible to look into the future obviously, but I feel like Fayne will have run his course with this team in two years anyway.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#62 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,079 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

It's impossible to look into the future obviously, but I feel like Fayne will have run his course with this team in two years anyway.

Run his course? He'll be 27. Why would anyone think this? Probably because he wasn't considered one of the top 100 prospects in 2005, as if that makes a difference now.

I don't think it's terrible, but despite the fact that the Devils have lots of prospects, it's not likely any of them will be as good as Fayne in two years. (I'm not counting Larsson as a prospect anymore)

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#63 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

Run his course? He'll be 27. Why would anyone think this? Probably because he wasn't considered one of the top 100 prospects in 2005, as if that makes a difference now.

I don't think it's terrible, but despite the fact that the Devils have lots of prospects, it's not likely any of them will be as good as Fayne in two years. (I'm not counting Larsson as a prospect anymore)

From almost everything I've read, owners want to raise the UFA age. This may not even be an issue

#64 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

please don't sue me for the 10 seconds of your time it took you to get the source, i have bills and a family to feed

thanks to this part, i immediately thought of the lyric, 'i have bills to pay and children who need clothes' and as a result i now have Downeaster Alexa stuck in my head. damn you.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#65 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

thanks to this part, i immediately thought of the lyric, 'i have bills to pay and children who need clothes' and as a result i now have Downeaster Alexa stuck in my head. damn you.

I know there's fish out there but where god only knows!

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#66 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

I really don't know how anyone can say this is a bad or a terrible contract. Inconceivable. With all the young defensemen in the system, someone will definitely be ready to step in for 2014-2015 if Fayne leaves.

I hope, but after years of hoping with Corrente and Eckford, I've stopped considering prospects, especially defensive ones, sure things.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#67 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,627 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

... aaaaaand now I do too. Blast!
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#68 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

... aaaaaand now I do too. Blast!

See, I don't know that song. But I now have "I got bills to pay/I got mouths to feed/Ain't nothing in this life for free" from Ain't No Rest For The Wicked by Cage the Elephant in my head.

Also, to be clear, I wasn't suggesting that we shouldn't attribute where information is coming from, just that we should be helpful instead of jerks to those who don't think of it initially.

To quote Jeff Daniels' character from The Newsroom, I'm on a mission to civilize.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#69 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

Because, while he's certainly a solid minute-eater, I don't personally consider Fayne to be anything special. I think he's a prototypical 3-4 D-man that has adapted to playing top-2 minutes in NJ. Certainly valuable to the team right now, but I'd hope in two years some of the prospects in the system are ready to move up and take his place.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#70 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

Terrible deal, only way it works out is if RFA age goes up.

...I don't think it's terrible, but ...

Sorry T, but you made me laugh. Posted Image

See, I don't know that song. But I now have "I got bills to pay/I got mouths to feed/Ain't nothing in this life for free" from Ain't No Rest For The Wicked by Cage the Elephant in my head.

this

.... Certainly valuable to the team right now, but I'd hope in two years some of the prospects in the system are ready to move up and take his place.

annnnnd this is exactly where I thought this should go. Yes, couple of years and then we see if he's that good and pay him what he deserves, or maybe we have another guy stepping up.

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users