Photo

Where can the Devils find a D for F swap?

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#41 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

I'm all for this, if somehow you can pass this on to Lamiorello that would be great...sick of the status quo while watching every other team in the division improve

I'm sure Lou reads these boards looking for advice.... Geez, don't you know anything!

just kidding.

I feel the same way. The year we acquired Kovy would have been such a high if it weren't for the ass reaming we took by the
interNational devils Hate Legion. Otheriae, yes, it feels like every damn year I/we watch other teams get stronger and we have to watch our own talent walk away while trying to squeak by on developing our own talent from a bed of increasingly sparse and mediocre draft picks (last year being an exception).
Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#42 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

if he has a rough first 40 games I can see the Isles giving up on Grabner and putting him on the trade block
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#43 JustinZ

JustinZ

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

I want Hemsky. Has had injury problems and hasn't produced as well the last couple years, but if he can stay healthy and play with his fellow countryman Elias i think he would be great.
Posted Image

#44 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

I want Hemsky. Has had injury problems and hasn't produced as well the last couple years, but if he can stay healthy and play with his fellow countryman Elias i think he would be great.

You're about 90% guaranteed that Hemsky can't finish more than half a season.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#45 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

You're about 90% guaranteed that Hemsky can't finish more than half a season.

He played almost 70 games last season. This season will say a lot about him. The two seasons prior were injury-plagued, last year he had trouble with consistency and was on a bad team. Hemsky is worth a risk provided the return isn't crazy.

#46 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

If we can make a good deal, great. But, it doesnt look like we will by opening day.

I think Teddy has a good year. He will get opportunities to play with the PP and maybe the top 6 forwards at times; whereas last year he was stuck with puck-hog Clarkson every time he stepped on the ice.

#47 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

it feels like every damn year I/we watch other teams get stronger and we have to watch our own talent walk away while trying to squeak by on developing our own talent from a bed of increasingly sparse and mediocre draft picks (last year being an exception).

I'd say our consistent place toward the top of the East over the past decade(s), and this past year's playoff run would hint that Lou knows what he's doing, and that teams aren't really getting "stronger". For all we know, Henrique has a 40 goal season this year and is our "next Zach", or better, and the whole "we lost Zach" bit will be null and void too. I'm cautious but optimistic about next year with the lineup we have. Pete DeBoer's system can beat any team in the league, and our players go into training camp hungrier and more familiar with the system than this time last year. Parise's a non-issue now, as is any big-name signing Lou could make but won't.

Edited by DJ Eco, 25 July 2012 - 02:11 PM.

#48 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

Call me skeptical, but I wouldn't count on anything from Teddy this year.

If he proves me wrong, great. I'd love to see it. But I wouldn't fall into the "Well hey, the Devils don't really need to add anything because Teddy..." trap.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#49 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

If he proves me wrong, great. I'd love to see it. But I wouldn't fall into the "Well hey, the Devils don't really need to add anything because Teddy..." trap.

Of course. Like I said, if we can make a good deal, then great. But, for me, Teddy should be able to hold down a spot (given hes not Clarkson's linemate) until we do so. I think he can take the awaited step forward this year.

#50 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

Just because Tedenby is useless in New Jersey doesn't mean he'll be useless somewhere else. Trade him!

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#51 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:04 AM

Just because Tedenby is useless in New Jersey doesn't mean he'll be useless somewhere else. Trade him!

His value is also very low right now, though. His shot isn't nearly at the level of Bergfors' before the Devils dealt him, and his defense is about the same. Bergfors was able to maintain puck possession better along the boards, while Tedenby's quick start-and-stop maneuvers can buy him time with the puck.

If the Devils had tried to deal him after his first real taste of NHL action, he would have netted more. At this point, he'll only bring back something of value if he's packaged with other players/picks... or he's traded to Columbus and Scott Howson thinks he's going to be the next Martin St. Louis.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#52 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:51 AM

Problem with Teddy he's so weak on the puck. If you brush his shoulder, he loses the puck. If he hears footsteps, he folds up like a cheap tent. He's an excellent stick handler/has quickness, none of the other "smaller stature" guys (St. Louis, Gionta, Enstrom, etc.)cough it up. You work hard to get it into the O zone, hoping to keep it alive. I'm sure PDB will give him ample opportunity to prove he belongs. I, hope I'm wrong about him, but we'll see soon enough.

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#53 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

What I remember about Tedenby from last season is that he would shoot or pass right into a defender's skates almost every time. He'd carry the puck for a little while and then just dump it right to a defender.

He has great skating and stick handling skills but he freezes once he get's into the attacking zone. I don't think he took his demotion to Albany to well as his numbers didn't really improve too much.

I think Lou should give him one more chance and if he doesn't show any signs of improvement try to package him in with one of our excess of defenders and trade them for a good forward.

Tallinder + Tedenby + Urbom is a pretty decent package and could get us someone nice.

#54 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

Tedenby is a poorer, smaller version of Maxim Afinogenov. He tries to razzle dazzle in the stick handling department and ultimately gives the puck away. All flash no finish.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#55 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

Tedenby is a poorer, smaller version of Maxim Afinogenov. He tries to razzle dazzle in the stick handling department and ultimately gives the puck away. All flash no finish.

He just has to drive to the net and he will find success ala the Giontas and Gerbe.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#56 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

He just has to drive to the net and he will find success ala the Giontas and Gerbe.

The difference is that the Giontas and Gerbe have the grit to rush the net. Tedenby has a tendency to try and be too cute.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#57 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

The difference is that the Giontas and Gerbe have the grit to rush the net. Tedenby has a tendency to try and be too cute.

At around the same age, Brion Gionta was only just getting onto the Devils pro roster, and would put up numbers not that much greater than Tedenby already has. So there's still more time needed to see what will happen.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#58 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

And thats exactly what I am saying, he needs to work on that in order to succeed. He has to play more of a north to south game and stop being too cute in both zones.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#59 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:03 AM

Pääjärvi's speed in our system with the forecheck...that could be scary good.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#60 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

If we can make a good deal, great. But, it doesnt look like we will by opening day.

I think Teddy has a good year. He will get opportunities to play with the PP and maybe the top 6 forwards at times; whereas last year he was stuck with puck-hog Clarkson every time he stepped on the ice.

No offense, but Clarkson doesn't cough up the puck very easily. Teddy, on the other hand craps the bed on occasion.

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users