Photo

Where can the Devils find a D for F swap?

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#101 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Ottawa doesn't have much in the way of offense. Looking to them for a D for O swap is probably a waste of time.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#102 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

Id even consider getting a prospect in return of an NHL dman... I mean on offence i dont feel we have any AHLers whos simply "doing there time" in the AHL waiting to be ready for the big club... I feel we just have a bunch of.... Guys who mayyyyy find a spot on the 3rd or 4th line mayyyyyyyybe iffff theres injuries lol on defense we have a few but ipon offence i doubt it...

I feel we need to stack our prospect pool a bit somehow and trading our d for prospects would be a good way cause teams could be making a run and would need experience so theyd be willing to trade a future project for immediate help

www.SterioDesign.com

#103 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,439 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Id even consider getting a prospect in return of an NHL dman... I mean on offence i dont feel we have any AHLers whos simply "doing there time" in the AHL waiting to be ready for the big club... I feel we just have a bunch of.... Guys who mayyyyy find a spot on the 3rd or 4th line mayyyyyyyybe iffff theres injuries lol on defense we have a few but ipon offence i doubt it...

I feel we need to stack our prospect pool a bit somehow and trading our d for prospects would be a good way cause teams could be making a run and would need experience so theyd be willing to trade a future project for immediate help

But that's how prospects work - guys on 1st and 2nd lines, around the NHL, don't typically spend much time in AHL. So yeah, would I trade Tallinder and Urbom for Magnus Paajarvi and a low round pick? Sure. But the AHL is mostly a development league for lower line players, both at forward and on defense.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#104 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Jamie benn have issue with resigning contract.... he would be awesome for us

#105 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

I don't think Tallinder will be traded. I think you're all taking for granted one of the main reasons he may have been brought here, and that is the load of young Swedish players on our team. Lou knows what he's doing keeping an older more experienced Swede around (who's not a goalie/Hedberg). I think intangibles like that are extremely important for a locker room and they get underestimated when trade talk comes around...

#106 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

O'reilley would be a good pickup if he's not staying in the KHL and if the Avs have to trade him

www.SterioDesign.com

#107 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

O'reilley would be a good pickup if he's not staying in the KHL and if the Avs have to trade him

Hockey Prospectus had a fantastic write up on him here. I'd love to have him but I just can't see any reason they would trade him.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#108 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

O'Reilly would be great, but that is a pipe dream. Colorado doesn't need to trade him for cap reasons and he is a great young player that is restricted. Those types of guys don't normally get traded.
Posted Image

#109 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

hemsky maybe.. rumor tell we will get him...

hemsky maybe.. rumor tell we are interest to get him...

#110 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

I hope only if the package is right. (Tallinder and maybe a 2nd or 3rd if you need to add on.) I believe I'm in the minority that would rather see Tallinder traded the Volchenkov. Nothing against Tallinder he's great and all but Volchenkov gives us that grit we need. He isn't afraid to hit other players onto their asses. I can't wait for the season to start so he can mentor Larsson. We'll also have Scotty giving Adam pointers too... :icon23:

n2eg.jpg

#111 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

I hope only if the package is right. (Tallinder and maybe a 2nd or 3rd if you need to add on.) I believe I'm in the minority that would rather see Tallinder traded the Volchenkov. Nothing against Tallinder he's great and all but Volchenkov gives us that grit we need. He isn't afraid to hit other players onto their asses. I can't wait for the season to start so he can mentor Larsson. We'll also have Scotty giving Adam pointers too... :icon23:

Like someone said before though. Tallinder, while not flashy, is the kind of player that is technically sound, which makes for a good teacher. He is also a native speaker of the Swedish language, this aids more than most of us will ever know in building an immediate rapport and bonding with fellow countrymen. Sal or Volch go, those would be my choices, but we all know Tally or Green are easier to move.

#112 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

I believe I'm in the minority that would rather see Tallinder traded the Volchenkov. Nothing against Tallinder he's great and all but Volchenkov gives us that grit we need. He isn't afraid to hit other players onto their asses.

Salvador does the same thing. I don't think we need both, and IMO Tallinder brings more to the table than Volchenkov.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#113 Jerseydevils0324

Jerseydevils0324

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

I know someone will chew me out for this, but I'd even go with trading Salvador... not because I do not think he's a great stay-at-home dman, but his contract is for 3 more years with a cap hit of over 3 million. I highly doubt Sal will stay in the same form from now to the end of his contract, he will be 37 in a month, 40 when it's all said and done. Where as Volchenkov may have a cap hit of about a million dollars more, but he is 6 years younger. Injuries are another shot at A-Train but let's not forget that Bryce could be done for it with another concussion. Volchenkov also has an NTC so it could turn into a nasty situation, which could eventually hold us hostage to trading him for nothing.

#114 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Who the hell is gonna take Sal with that contract? He's not even an option to be moved because of it.

believe-devs.jpg

#115 Jerseydevils0324

Jerseydevils0324

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

If paired with a prospect someone may bite.

#116 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Who the hell is gonna take Sal with that contract? He's not even an option to be moved because of it.

they just signed him so obviously they intend to have him around. What kind of message would that be: sign till presumably end of career then trade you at the first available opportunity
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#117 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

they just signed him so obviously they intend to have him around. What kind of message would that be: sign till presumably end of career then trade you at the first available opportunity

Yeah, we're not the Flyers!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#118 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Only way Sal gets traded is on the last year of his contract and someone wants his services as a rental for a playoff push.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#119 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,439 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

How about Dan Cleary + Tomas Jurco for Andy Greene?

Detroit currently looks something like this:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Samuelsson
Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi
Cleary-Helm-Tootoo
Miller-X-Eaves

But they have Damien Brunner, who crushes the Swiss league, and Gustav Nyquist and Tomas Tatar in the minors. Cleary's no-trade has lapsed, and he seems like a perfect fit on the 3rd line.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#120 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

How about Dan Cleary + Tomas Jurco for Andy Greene?

I think that would be great for the Devils, I'm not sure Detroit would be into it. Unless they're down on Jurco I'd want to give up less than him as the extra piece.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users