Photo

Where can the Devils find a D for F swap?

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#141 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,425 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

DP26: Fistric is a bottom pair defender - I don't really know why the Oilers see fit to add another but I guess they are painfully short on blueliners in general still.

As for the Stars, they have Goligoski, Daley, Robidas, Larsen, Rome, and Brenden Dillon. Don't think there's a fit - I think they see Larsen as a top 4 guy.

Edited by Triumph, 14 January 2013 - 02:33 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#142 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

I don't really know why the Oilers see fit to add another

because it's the Oilers
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#143 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

personally i'd really like to see Kovy sticking on the LW.. his one timer is such a threat at any time from that side.

www.SterioDesign.com

#144 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

personally i'd really like to see Kovy sticking on the LW.. his one timer is such a threat at any time from that side.

I think PDB is a great coach so I trust whatever he does but I'm surprised that they want Kovalchuk on the right. They seem to want Zajac and Butler together so I guess they want to try Kovalchuk with 2 of Elias, Henrique, or Zubrus. I'd rather see Elias as a center since he is solid in that role and I view Henrique as a LW long term. Brainstorming/guessing what they may want:

Elias-Henrique-Kovalchuk
Zubrus-Zajac-Butler

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#145 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Might have been discussed earlier but on the NHL Network they were talking about Anaheim who will reportedly look to trade Getzlaf and Perry if they do not agree to contract extensions by the trade deadline. I wouldn't mind Getzlaf if we can get him without giving up too much. What do you guys think?
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#146 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Might have been discussed earlier but on the NHL Network they were talking about Anaheim who will reportedly look to trade Getzlaf and Perry if they do not agree to contract extensions by the trade deadline. I wouldn't mind Getzlaf if we can get him without giving up too much. What do you guys think?

Not as rentals, which is what they would be.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#147 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Perry if he signed so no since it won't happen. Getzlaf stunk last year

#148 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,425 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Bump - with Ian White and Carlo Colaiacovo out, the Red Wings are dressing 3 rookies on defense or 2 rookies and Jakub Kindl if he returns on Friday. I thought they were in the market for defense anyway. Plus we traded them a defenseman in the last lockout shortened year and that's the last trade of any significance NJ has made with Detroit that I can remember.

Edited by Triumph, 23 January 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#149 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

Saw the Oilers - Sharks game last night. The Oilers' defense is horrible. They need to find a way to improve it if they want to get to the postseason.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#150 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,891 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Bump - with Ian White and Carlo Colaiacovo out, the Red Wings are dressing 3 rookies on defense or 2 rookies and Jakub Kindl if he returns on Friday. I thought they were in the market for defense anyway. Plus we traded them a defenseman in the last lockout shortened year and that's the last trade of any significance NJ has made with Detroit that I can remember.

Is it feasible to think we could somehow pry Filpula from them, or am I aiming too high?

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#151 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

Abdelkater or Cleary are the only ones I can think of that would be a match. Cleary would just be a rental though. I think we could hold out a little longer and get better value from someone else.

Saw the Oilers - Sharks game last night. The Oilers' defense is horrible. They need to find a way to improve it if they want to get to the postseason.

The problem with trading with a horrible team is that they have no use for Greene or Tallinder since they won't be difference makers for a team that has so far to go. They would probably ask for Larsson or Fayne.
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#152 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

Is it feasible to think we could somehow pry Filpula from them, or am I aiming too high?

I doubt they'd trade him. He's a 60 point player and they don't really have that many young forwards to follow Datsyuk and Zetterberg unless Brunner pans out. You'd probably try to get a young player like Nyquist who they don't have room for right now but could probably play for NJ regularly

They would probably ask for Larsson ...

Then we ask for Hall or the Nuge back

#153 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

ales Hemsky come to my mind...

#154 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

ales Hemsky come to my mind...

If he can stay healthy & the package is right/not an overpayment then sure.

If we are giving up a forward in the deal. (Which I'm not sure would happen) Tedenby needs to be included. Both games so far he's played in he's looked lost. I hope he steps it up or I have a good feeling he will be gone.

n2eg.jpg

#155 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

I'd rather have Erat than Hemsky.

#156 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Then we ask for Hall or the Nuge back

Oilers are not trading Hall. I'd rather have Larsson than RNH.
Posted Image

#157 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,425 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

The Oilers don't have all that far to go. But I don't think they want a trade, even so. I don't see who they want knocked out of their top 4 D, and they just weirdly traded for Mark Fistric.

I also don't think the Wings would trade Filppula, he's one of the few players they have in his prime-ish.

#158 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

The Oilers don't have all that far to go. But I don't think they want a trade, even so. I don't see who they want knocked out of their top 4 D, and they just weirdly traded for Mark Fistric.

Perhaps, but will two more years of Greene or Tallinder or one more year with Fayne get the Oilers where they want to be? I don't think so, or at least it's not enough to get much in return. Maybe they would have use for Fayne, but he's only signed through next year and is UFA elligible at that point.
Posted Image

#159 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

Trade Tallinder + Ted now for a top-6 forward before one of them gets hurt, or Ted's (already low) value hits essentially zero.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 23 January 2013 - 12:54 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#160 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,425 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Perhaps, but will two more years of Greene or Tallinder or one more year with Fayne get the Oilers where they want to be? I don't think so, or at least it's not enough to get much in return. Maybe they would have use for Fayne, but he's only signed through next year and is UFA elligible at that point.

Teams do not think in terms of Cup or bust. The question is would getting a defenseman make them better. I don't think they are thinking that way, but they should be. Ryan Whitney is shot, Petry and Smid is a second pairing, and Justin Schultz plays 'defense' like it's a conceptual art project he's participating in.

Tedenby's value is zero right now. Let's please stop including him in every trade like he puts it over the top.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users