#1 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

Well sort of.

While it isn't technically a dubstep version of the NJD goal-horn it IS a dubstep version of "Rock and Roll part II". Close enough in my opinion.

Regardless. I lol'd. Now, I'm not too sure how this is going to be received on here - I hate that type of "music" personally but thought it was so interestingly done yet so out of place. I had to just share it. Imagine trying to fit HEY YOU SUCK in there? Next to impossible. I imagine Zubrus would have this on his iPod.

n2eg.jpg

#2 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

Well sort of.

While it isn't technically a dubstep version of the NJD goal-horn it IS a dubstep version of "Rock and Roll part II". Close enough in my opinion.

Regardless. I lol'd. Now, I'm not too sure how this is going to be received on here - I hate that type of "music" personally but thought it was so interestingly done yet so out of place. I had to just share it. Imagine trying to fit HEY YOU SUCK in there? Next to impossible. I imagine Zubrus would have this on his iPod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvMKUl_JO9U

aaaaaaand I think we can officially say that dubstep has jumped the shark now, right?

Please?

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#3 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

I'm a fan of (some) dubstep but this is..wow. No.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#4 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

Yikes this would make hate to score
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#5 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

dubstep was fun for like 2 minutes last year then i got sick of being ear-raped by WUBWUBWUBWUBWUB NEEEEEEERRRRRR WUBWUBWUBWUB

cghico.jpg

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#6 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,995 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:46 AM

Kill it with fire.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#7 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:06 AM

I haven't heard much dubstep but just kind of assumed I wouldn't like it. I would like to personally thank TheMazz for starting this thread because now I know that I don't like it.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#8 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:24 AM

Being from the town that gave the world dubstep, it seems obligatory that i would like some artists in the genre, but i find a lot of it is just noise for the sake of noise.

This sucked.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#9 Crisis

Crisis

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

I am a huge dubstep fan, as well as a lot of other genres of electronic music. In my travels, I have found that good dubstep can be really, ridiculously good, but also the opposite, bad dubstep can be really, really bad. Unfortunately this is an example of the latter.

EDIT: Chimaira is 100% right, especially this song, saying that a lot of it is "noise for the sake of noise".

Edited by Crisis, 26 July 2012 - 09:10 AM.

"People said his brain was infected by Devils."
Posted Image

#10 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,107 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

If you're on the fence about liking dub and you're using this song as your decision factor, don't. Try turbulence by laid back luke and rock n roll by skrillex

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#11 Crisis

Crisis

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

If you're on the fence about liking dub and you're using this song as your decision factor, don't. Try turbulence by laid back luke and rock n roll by skrillex

Not to be a snob, but dubstep, by definition, doesn't use that four-to-the-floor kick drum on every quater note sound. That's more like electro or house music. And good songs at that.

Bassnectar - Bass Head

Now that is a tune for the borderline people.
"People said his brain was infected by Devils."
Posted Image

#12 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

What the fvck is dubstep?

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#13 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

I haven't heard much dubstep but just kind of assumed I wouldn't like it. I would like to personally thank TheMazz for starting this thread because now I know that I don't like it.

Your welcome bub.

n2eg.jpg

#14 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

dubstep makes me want to shove pins in my ears to avoid the pain of hearing dubstep... its one of those things i'll never understand about "music"
i'm a musician, and i feel like Dubstep just craps all over music
POTATO!!!

#15 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,995 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

What the fvck is dubstep?

Terrible.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#16 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

Not to be a snob, but dubstep, by definition, doesn't use that four-to-the-floor kick drum on every quater note sound. That's more like electro or house music. And good songs at that.

Bassnectar - Bass Head

Now that is a tune for the borderline people.

I don't know man I tried the two songs Martyisthebest posted and the one you posted and to me they all sound like people farting while in a busy factory.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#17 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,107 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

I don't know man I tried the two songs Martyisthebest posted and the one you posted and to me they all sound like people farting while in a busy factory.

I listen to dubstep to lift, and I've been to a few concerts (raves)... I've seen Bassnectar, Avicii, BareNoize, Deadmau5, Skrillex, etc... but that post made me LOL hard

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#18 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:12 PM

I've heard dubstep described as techno having a stroke. I don't think I've ever heard anyone describe music so perfectly.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#19 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,321 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:21 PM

I love dubstep but its a genre of music that has grown and changed so rapidly over the past half decade that its not really fair to judge it by a lot of the newer stuff out there today which is what Americans have been exposed to. I like the old and new stuff equally but it would be like trying to compare alt rock in the 90's to alt rock in 00's. There awesome in their own ways. If you want some older dubstep then I highly recommend checking out Skream's debut album from 2006 called Skream!

2 of my favorites off of that are:
Midnight Request Line

Dutch Flowerz

Its definitely not for everyone but as a musician who splits time equally between writing alt rock songs and electronic music (minimalism/dubstep/triphop) I really enjoy it.

Edited by thefiestygoat, 26 July 2012 - 10:22 PM.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#20 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:04 PM

Being from the town that gave the world dubstep, it seems obligatory that i would apologize to the world for the horror we have inflicted upon it.

Fixed it for you. ;)
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users