Photo

Still watching Devils playoff run highlights?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:51 AM

Hey everyone, I know it has been almost 2 months now since the playoffs ended but I still watch highlights of our run every so often. I can't be the only one doing that. So anyone else still watching them and getting excited for october?

This is my favorite video:
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#2 skullsmasher

skullsmasher

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:54 AM

watched "it's over" like 3 days ago and still play NHL 12...with parise so I kinda cringe when I play..

#3 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:09 AM

watched "it's over" like 3 days ago and still play NHL 12...with parise so I kinda cringe when I play..

I traded him and Tallinder for Datsyuk the other day.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#4 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:22 AM

I was doing that then traded him for semin. now i don't know what to do
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#5 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

Traded Parise, a first, and Greene for Stamkos and a 2014 first. Gotta love the returns you can actually get on video games.
Posted Image

#6 enjoythesilence

enjoythesilence

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

Hey everyone, I know it has been almost 2 months now since the playoffs ended but I still watch highlights of our run every so often. I can't be the only one doing that. So anyone else still watching them and getting excited for october?

This is my favorite video:

LOL! watched this one last night...along with the 9 min clip of Henrique's goal and the handshake/trophy presentation

and if anyone knows the music being playing around the 10:00 minute mark, PLEASE let me know! cannot find it anywhere!!! I used Shazam for some of them, but did not find the one I really want :argh:

Edited by enjoythesilence, 30 July 2012 - 09:59 AM.

"They score! Henrique! It's over!"-Doc
"I couldn't be prouder of this group"-Pete DeBoer

#7 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

I traded him and Tallinder for Datsyuk the other day.

I traded Tallinder and Scarlett to LA for Brown.

Havent played again since June though

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#8 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

I actually like the part at the end where Zach is walking out by himself. Abandoning all his teammates he just went to battle with. Symbolism that just works a lot better in picture than words.

#9 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

can we fast forward to October with a new CBA and get next year started already?

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#10 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

Oh absolutely, still watch highlights from the Flyers and Rangers series. Soo good..can't wait for the season.

Traded Parise, a first, and Greene for Stamkos and a 2014 first. Gotta love the returns you can actually get on video games.

And yeah, how's this for a video-game trade, in like the 2016 season:

Parise (94, C-)
Zajac (89, C-)
Josefson (88, C)
1st (#30, naturally)

for

Hall (91, B)
RNH (90, A-)
1st (#3)
1st (#2)

I SHOULD HAVE LOU'S JOB! :rolleyes:

Edited by Devilsfan118, 30 July 2012 - 11:14 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#11 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

believe-zubrus.jpg

#12 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

You know if one team... one God damned team in the West actually gave the Kings a series they wouldn't have come in fresh as a freaking daisy and it would have been a different finals. Lucky ass jackasses

#13 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

You know if one team... one God damned team in the West actually gave the Kings a series they wouldn't have come in fresh as a freaking daisy and it would have been a different finals. Lucky ass jackasses

They weren't lucky, they were just good enough that nobody gave them a tough series. Let's not be sore losers here, they had a hell of a run.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#14 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

They weren't lucky, they were just good enough that nobody gave them a tough series. Let's not be sore losers here, they had a hell of a run.

Canucks got into a hole before the other Sedin came back and that team without both Sedins are not the same team. Then the Blues had their goalie hurt while the other sucked. And then they ran into an overachieving Coyotes team that were lucky to be there.

I'm not saying they wouldn't have gotten to the Finals but it was lucky how they dominated hurt teams.

Edited by roomtemp, 30 July 2012 - 11:45 AM.

#15 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

Canucks got into a hole before the other Sedin came back and that team without both Sedins are not the same team. Then the Blues had their goalie hurt while the other sucked. And then they ran into an overachieving Coyotes team that were lucky to be there.

I'm not saying they wouldn't have gotten to the Finals but it was lucky how they dominated hurt teams.

Well that's just the way it goes sometimes, injuries are a part of the sport. Also you are dismissing the Coyotes as "lucky to be there" while explaining why the Kings were also lucky to be there because they beat injured teams. If they are both lucky to be there, then doesn't that put them on level ground?
--John Buccigross

#16 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

Well that's just the way it goes sometimes, injuries are a part of the sport. Also you are dismissing the Coyotes as "lucky to be there" while explaining why the Kings were also lucky to be there because they beat injured teams. If they are both lucky to be there, then doesn't that put them on level ground?

I didn't say the Kings were lucky to be there. Just lucky to be as fresh as they were.

#17 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

In the Finals we just stopped getting those breaks we had all playoffs long. If that Kovalchuk shot is a half inch lower and dings in off the post in Game 2, there's at least a Game 7 and the series is entirely different.

Can't really be angry, this team was a bounce away twice from being one and done. Have to have perspective on the run last year.

#18 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

In the Finals we just stopped getting those breaks we had all playoffs long. If that Kovalchuk shot is a half inch lower and dings in off the post in Game 2, there's at least a Game 7 and the series is entirely different.

Can't really be angry, this team was a bounce away twice from being one and done. Have to have perspective on the run last year.

Or Fayne in game 1, or the Zubrus deflection that could of gone in during overtime in game 2, or Carter scoring in game 3 when Quick made the save while looking the other way. We had our chances we jut didnt get the breaks.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#19 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,744 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

The Devils got thoroughly outplayed in Games 4 and 5 - they just happened to win those. Pretty sure the series went about as long as it should have.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#20 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

The Devils got thoroughly outplayed in Games 4 and 5 - they just happened to win those. Pretty sure the series went about as long as it should have.

This.

It would've taken luck to make it have gone any further. I think Marty was playing to his best too later in the series, but they needed to keep it close, put doubt in LA's heads - they started too, but then the major penalty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users