24 replies to this topic

#21 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,772 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

Good. It would've been stupid for Merrill to turn pro this year with the 750 d-men we have right now. Hopefully he stays out of trouble and takes the year to mature a bit.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#22 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Just don't pull a Justin Schultz and all will be well. Everyone who knows things work more than I do say it isn't a realistic possibility. So that makes me feel better.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#23 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

Just don't pull a Justin Schultz and all will be well. Everyone who knows things work more than I do say it isn't a realistic possibility. So that makes me feel better.

He can't use the same loophole Schultz did

#24 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,920 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

He can't use the same loophole Schultz did

Yes, he can. He will just have to stay in college for another year after this one (and that clause will have to remain in the CBA, something which I don't think is guaranteed). But Justin Schultz never attended Ducks development camp and it sounds like he had very little contact with the team over his career.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#25 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:12 AM

Yes, he can. He will just have to stay in college for another year after this one (and that clause will have to remain in the CBA, something which I don't think is guaranteed). But Justin Schultz never attended Ducks development camp and it sounds like he had very little contact with the team over his career.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll never understand why Schultz did what he did. The Ducks have some real nice players and good prospects. And So-Cal isn't exactly the worst place to live. I just hope this "I wanna play at home" mentality isn't a trend for years to come.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users