23 replies to this topic

#1 Dadds

Dadds

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

I was watching they Olympics on MSNBC and I came back from making lunch and a soccer game between the women of France and Columbia had started. And who do I hear but Steve Cangialosi's voice. I did not believe it but according to Wikipedia he is covering soccer during the Olympics. I think hes doing a pretty good job. Maybe its the slower pace of soccer but he has done a great job building up plays, like Doc has always done.
"I think I'm going to become a Devils fan so they start never winning again." A sad flyers fan

"**** this. NJ might as well be allowed to build a brick wall in front of the net and let Marty sit on the bench. Would be no difference" A sad penguins fan

#2 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

And for those who miss Doc, he covers at least water polo. As terrible as that sport is, he makes it bearable. <3 Doc

#3 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

I was watching they Olympics on MSNBC and I came back from making lunch and a soccer game between the women of France and Columbia had started. And who do I hear but Steve Cangialosi's voice. I did not believe it but according to Wikipedia he is covering soccer during the Olympics. I think hes doing a pretty good job. Maybe its the slower pace of soccer but he has done a great job building up plays, like Doc has always done.

He has been doing a great job doing play by play for the Red Bulls these past few years.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#4 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

I saw Al Trautwig too in one of the events. Maybe Chico Resch will do beach volleyball :giggle:

#5 Dadds

Dadds

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

I saw Al Trautwig too in one of the events. Maybe Chico Resch will do beach volleyball :giggle:

I don't know if the world is ready for Chico
"I think I'm going to become a Devils fan so they start never winning again." A sad flyers fan

"**** this. NJ might as well be allowed to build a brick wall in front of the net and let Marty sit on the bench. Would be no difference" A sad penguins fan

#6 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

He has been doing a great job doing play by play for the Red Bulls these past few years.

I still don't think his style translates well to soccer...especially since he uses the whole SHAAAHHHHTTTT SCARRRR

#7 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

I still don't think his style translates well to soccer...especially since he uses the whole SHAAAHHHHTTTT SCARRRR

I think he builds up the play pretty well but he is so so when a goal is scored.

I don't know if the world is ready for Chico

:rofl:

Edited by Zubie#8, 31 July 2012 - 12:47 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#8 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

I fell asleep watching womens water polo which I was only watching becaue of doc. I think al trautwig does knicks games too. Sam rosen does another sport I'm pretty sure
Devils.

#9 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

I love the Soccer annoucer that used to do Thrasher games, JP I believe?

He said goal instead of scores when he called hockey... "Kovalchuk steps in takes the shot, goal!" Very different and I loved it.

Edited by Zubie#8, 31 July 2012 - 12:53 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#10 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

I love the Soccer annoucer that used to do Thrasher games, JP I believe?

He said goal instead of scores when he called hockey... "Kovalchuk steps in takes the shot, goal!" Very different and I loved it.

JP Dellacamera (sp?). He's very good at soccer.

Cangi was much better doing the PBP for the Devils last season. Starting to pronounce the word "score" after a goal rather than the Long Island/Staten Island "Scarr" was a big step up in my opinion.
Posted Image

#11 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

JP Dellacamera (sp?). He's very good at soccer.

Cangi was much better doing the PBP for the Devils last season. Starting to pronounce the word "score" after a goal rather than the Long Island/Staten Island "Scarr" was a big step up in my opinion.

He already has two iconic moments calling both overtime goals against the Panthers, and he did great in both of them. I personally like the SCARR ;)

...and yes I knew he had a long last name, good soccer announcer.

Edited by Zubie#8, 31 July 2012 - 01:11 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#12 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

I fell asleep watching womens water polo which I was only watching becaue of doc. I think al trautwig does knicks games too. Sam rosen does another sport I'm pretty sure

sam rosen does football for fox on sundays (usually does games for western teams) and i think he used to call boxing at one point. besides the actual game of water polo, i dont like how the color guy keeps talking over doc and not letting him build up the play as he does in hockey

#13 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

I don't watch a lot of soccer, but when I do I find myself yelling SHOOOOOTT!. What do soccer aficionados yell when someone is breaking in & has a scoring chance? It can't be SHOOT, can it? KICK sounds stupid too. Thx.
And I love the Devil connection, which he'd mention NJ during his calls.

#14 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

I don't watch a lot of soccer, but when I do I find myself yelling SHOOOOOTT!. What do soccer aficionados yell when someone is breaking in & has a scoring chance? It can't be SHOOT, can it? KICK sounds stupid too. Thx.

have it...have a go...have a strike.

influenced from English commentary of course.

#15 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

Doc was calling water polo. Hilarious.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#16 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

I saw Al Trautwig too in one of the events.

I swear he threw a Kicks reference/comparison in while covering gymnastics.

#17 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

It's shoot.

BTW, I always wondered about the "SCORES!" thing. Is it simply an American thing and they shout that at soccer games too or is it just for hockey? What's wrong with "GOAL!"?

Greg Wyshynski (well, we know him from the forums, too) is also covering the Olympics, some of his tweets are a good laugh.

#18 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

Doc was calling water polo. Hilarious.

With f'n Pierre as the sideline reporter... ugh.
Posted Image

#19 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

With f'n Pierre as the sideline reporter... ugh.

"Effin Pierre" would make an alright band name
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#20 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:14 AM