#3 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

So moustic, does any of it ring true?

I've been to Paris a few times, and have enjoyed it. Unfortunately though I'm very uncomfortable going to places where it's hard to communicate with people (I'm awful when it comes to foreign languages) so I can't see myself really experiencing France in any significant way besides doing the touristy stuff and having a nice meal.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#4 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

First of all.. it does sound true for a lot of part yes !
(that's why i put this link here)

And second... Next time you come here, you come with me !
And even if you don't like me, there is this volonteer organisation :

http://www.parisiend...dex.php?lang=en

This is a great way to visit Paris in a more comfortable way... The Greeters Way ! We steal the idea to NY and make it better ; )

#5 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

I visited France last year. Brittany, Paris, Burgundy, Lyon, Chamonix, and Provence. J'ai passé un moment merveilleux.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#6 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:20 AM

Paris is crazy expensive!!! Hence why I agree about not going to brassieres.

Its like any big city though, we found people who were really helpful, and people who were really, really rude.

One thing I was really uncomfortable with was the amount of beggars/con artists/thieves about. i live in London and it used to be a massive problem , but it has been tackled pretty well. Paris was horrific; we couldn’t go more than an hour without being harassed by someone. Maybe it happens in London and i don’t realise as our street people target tourists and know who is who, but it wasn't something I enjoyed dealing with.

Paris was nice, but I won’t be rushing back, (taking my Ex-girlfriend there , shortly before splitting up probably hasn't enhanced my feelings towards the city!!).

I really love Brittany, the people are friendly and the villages and cities like St Malo are great, the beaches are excellent, and you can Surf.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#7 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

My wife and I were in Paris for a day or two last fall. We wanted to take the Metro to Sacre Coeur; so we stopped at a station and I tried to buy tix from the clerk. But the clerks are apparently not allowed to take cash, you have to use the automated kiosk. The clerk helpfully showed us how to use the roller bar thing. Afterward, I realized that I had tried to offer him cash with a Canadian $10 bill (our flight over stopped in Montreal, so I had taken some CA bills along). When we boarded the train I joked that at least he probably thought we were dumb Canadians and not dumb Americans!

Anyway, Paris is one of the great cities of the world.

Be proud of that, Moustic!
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users