27 replies to this topic

#21 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

I would kill for Iggy, but that feels like a pipe dream.

Iggy played guitar, jamming good w/ wierd and Gilly, and the......

I think a cancerous locker room is one with "clicks" I don't think one guy can come in a destroy a locker room. Unless he's a game changer like Jagr was at one time. He sucked all the available oxygen in the room. AK imo doesn't have that ability. N one would listen to this guy. C'mon AK, jump aboard the train

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#22 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

From what I've heard about that situation, that it was blown way out of proportion. They still broke team curfew, but it wasn't as drastic as the hockey community made it seem.

Made it look all that more foolish on Nashville's part to suspend them both for more than a game.

Maybe. I read he was out at like 4am drinking but I'm probably wrong.

IMO if Lou was going to make a risk signing with one of the Russians AK or Semin he would of committed to Semin.

#23 Jerseydevils0324

Jerseydevils0324

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

Maybe. I read he was out at like 4am drinking but I'm probably wrong.

IMO if Lou was going to make a risk signing with one of the Russians AK or Semin he would of committed to Semin.

Yeah, apparently them being out til 4am drinking is a rumor. I've heard that Rads and AK were out eating and came back just an hour past curfew. Could be false though.

#24 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

I'm for giving him a try, I think if they added AK and resigned Sykora I will be ok with where they are at right now. Then again I can't tell if thats how I really feel or if I just feel that way because I'm dying for ANYTHING new to happen for them right now...

#25 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

I'm for giving him a try, I think if they added AK and resigned Sykora I will be ok with where they are at right now. Then again I can't tell if thats how I really feel or if I just feel that way because I'm dying for ANYTHING new to happen for them right now...

It would help a lot for our depth.

Kovalchuk Zajac Henrique
Zubrus Elias Kostitsyn
Sykora/Tedenby Josefson Clarkson
Carter Gionta Bernier

believe-zubrus.jpg

#26 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,270 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

The only free agent signing I think Lou will make would be re-signing Sykora. It seems that if he wanted AK he would've signed him by now. A trade seems like a likelier option at this point.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#27 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

The only free agent signing I think Lou will make would be re-signing Sykora. It seems that if he wanted AK he would've signed him by now. A trade seems like a likelier option at this point.

Thats what im thinking. I messaged Dano on twitter like a week ago and asked him if he thought the devils would make a trade for a top 6 forward or wait until camp starts to decide what they should do, and he said he thinks they will wait. I dont know if he has any inside info but i hope they dont wait till camp.

#28 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:18 PM

AK and the Devils aren't a perfect fit. Lou won't sign a guy who was out drinking late into the night while his squad was still very much in the playoffs and race for the cup. You don't change that kind of behavior. If he wasn't committed then why will he suddenly be committed here? Hell no. Keep potential locker room cancers out.

Ken Daneyko.

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users