23 replies to this topic

#1 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,005 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:12 PM

Pistons up by 21 after three. It seems I made a psot a while ago about Detroit crushing a certain team after three by 20+ two rounds ago.

Lets just I am not that happy. I came in not liking the Lakers but I come out hating the Pistons a lot more.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#2 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:19 PM

WOOHOO! Wow, what a performance by the Pistons. Finally in the NBA teamwork prevails over the superstars. Congratulations to Larry Brown on his first NBA title...a heckuva coach at all levels. Zen-Master may be the smartest man in the NBA for finding his way onto teams with Jordan/Pippen and Shaq/Kobe in their prime but Larry Brown is the best coach :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#3 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,005 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:22 PM

Very True Hasan and to prove that your right...look at the last 13 years of MVPs. We got Jordan with 6, O'Neal with 3, The dream with two and Duncan with two.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#4 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:25 PM

I am shocked at how easy the Pistons have made this look. I thought seven and they'd have a shot. But they are just so much hungrier to every loose ball. They work so hard in their sets and run so much. This is as impressive a performance as I have ever seen. I don't know how anyone can despise the Pistons after this. They play so hard. Isn't that something you can respect? I love how hard Ben Wallace plays. This team reminds me a lot of the old Bad Boys. Such a tough mentality. They won't be denied!

Congrats to them. They deserve it. Especially Larry Brown.

Also, this is probably it for Kobe in LA. Did anyone else see the demeanor on LA at the end of the 3rd quarter? They looked so defeated. They didn't even get off a last shot. That speaks volumes. Intimidation.

P.S. I hope ABC is happy with this final! LOL

Edited by Derek21, 15 June 2004 - 10:27 PM.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#5 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:25 PM

Im very proud of Detroit... only cause I dont like LA much!!
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : "He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin cheeseburger dude!

#6 Leafs_whine_2_much

Leafs_whine_2_much

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:48 PM

:hail: :hail: :hail: I love you, Pistons. My wishlist is now complete. :hail: :hail: :hail:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:puke: Lakers
Get well soon, Burns!!!
"Don't worry, "your" Leafs will come through Posted Image ...HNIT (Hockey Night in Toronto) needs them to win.... Although if they lose, we'll hear excerpts from the book "101 ways to bitch about the Maple Leaf$ lo$$", narrated by Mr Leaf himself, Don Cherry" - Legend Of the Clown Banner

--------------------
Leafs whine too much. So do the Lakers. Both suck. ANYONE but the Leafs and the Lakers! Posted Image

#7 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:48 PM

Wow the owner of the Pistons and the Lightning is having a good year. Whats his name?
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#8 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,005 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:50 PM

Bill Davidson.

The Champs are an east team. I am sure people didn;t think that would happen for a while.

I like their chant though.

DETROIT-BASKETBALL

And the Gong for when Wallace gets a basket, rebound or block.

Edited by devilsrule33, 15 June 2004 - 10:59 PM.

logokx.jpg

#9 4belle

4belle

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 05:55 AM

Congrats to the pistons!!
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy sh!t . . . what a ride!"

Talk is cheap.You can talk all you want, but you still have to go do it on the ice." SS

Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

#10 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 09:20 AM

The Nets gave them a tougher time. Well at least the Nets can say they lost to the Champs. Very glad the Lakers lost.
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#11 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,005 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 09:23 AM

The Nets have been saying that for a while now.

logokx.jpg

#12 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 09:34 AM

:hail: :hail: :hail: I love you, Pistons. My wishlist is now complete. :hail: :hail: :hail:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:puke: Lakers

Lakers and Leafs denied?? Life is good!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#13 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,005 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 09:41 AM

These two guys are meant for each other.

logokx.jpg

#14 FunkyBlueFish203

FunkyBlueFish203

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 10:07 AM

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeetroit BASKET-BALL!

Over a million will show up for the parade. This city always rallies around sports. It's awesome to see the Pistons win the whole thing after doing well the past couple of years. I'm not the biggest basketball fan. I used to watch the Pistons more in the mid-90s when they sucked. Bill Davidson, Joe Dumars, Rick Carlisle and Larry Robinson helped this team get the right mindset and go all the way. Good for the Pistons, great for Detroit.

Time to rename 3 Championship Drive to 4 Championship Drive.

#15 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 10:34 AM

What I find kind of amusing is that the Nets nearly had the Pistons beat... but they never would have had such an easy time with the Lakers! A testament to sports psychology I think!

Yeah Detroit! I love my home town :evil: (ok so I was taken HOME to Dearborn :P )

I'm here for the party

#16 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 02:04 PM

Damn Lakers blew it.... :evilcry:

Next seasons team...

Kobe = prison
Phil = retired
Shaq = injured

might as well bring back Rodman.
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

#17 Leafs_whine_2_much

Leafs_whine_2_much

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 03:55 PM

Lakers and Leafs denied?? Life is good!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

:clap: :dance: :clap: :dance:

It's party time for me! :evil: :evil:
Get well soon, Burns!!!
"Don't worry, "your" Leafs will come through Posted Image ...HNIT (Hockey Night in Toronto) needs them to win.... Although if they lose, we'll hear excerpts from the book "101 ways to bitch about the Maple Leaf$ lo$$", narrated by Mr Leaf himself, Don Cherry" - Legend Of the Clown Banner

--------------------
Leafs whine too much. So do the Lakers. Both suck. ANYONE but the Leafs and the Lakers! Posted Image

#18 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 04:05 PM

Lakers and Leafs denied??  Life is good!!!!!!!!!!!  :clap:   :clap:

Damn straight!!!! Beers for everyone!!!!

Posted Image

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#19 twistedwrister

twistedwrister

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 07:48 PM

Also, this is probably it for Kobe in LA. Did anyone else see the demeanor on LA at the end of the 3rd quarter? They looked so defeated. They didn't even get off a last shot. That speaks volumes. Intimidation.

P.S. I hope ABC is happy with this final! LOL

It was said quite awhile ago, i think i heard it on ESPNews(put as much stock in it as you like) that the knicks said that are willing to make a legit run at bringing KOBe to NY, perhaps in a sign and trade with Houston going to LA, or somewhere else.

#20 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:53 PM

Lakers and Leafs denied?? Life is good!!!!!!!!!!!  :clap: :clap:

Damn straight!!!! Beers for everyone!!!!

Posted Image

No thanks, I brought my own:

http://images.google...er_blueshot.gif

:evil:
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users