23 replies to this topic

#21 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 10:09 PM

The thing that I don't get is that the Pistons are being praised as a super great awesome team (which they are don't get me wrong) by all the media for playing great defense. How come when we win championships we get slapped with the boring tag? I haven't once heard that phrase with the Pistons.

#22 Leafs_whine_2_much

Leafs_whine_2_much

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 12:50 AM

No thanks, I brought my own:

http://images.google...er_blueshot.gif

:evil:

LOL. You call that beer? :rolleyes:

Here's some real beer for you:
Posted Image
Get well soon, Burns!!!
"Don't worry, "your" Leafs will come through Posted Image ...HNIT (Hockey Night in Toronto) needs them to win.... Although if they lose, we'll hear excerpts from the book "101 ways to bitch about the Maple Leaf$ lo$$", narrated by Mr Leaf himself, Don Cherry" - Legend Of the Clown Banner

--------------------
Leafs whine too much. So do the Lakers. Both suck. ANYONE but the Leafs and the Lakers! Posted Image

#23 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 08:38 AM

The thing that I don't get is that the Pistons are being praised as a super great awesome team (which they are don't get me wrong) by all the media for playing great defense. How come when we win championships we get slapped with the boring tag? I haven't once heard that phrase with the Pistons.

Because you're in Michigan :evil:

and Windsor ain't exactly the Big Apple knocking on Detroit's door. :unsure:

Actually I have heard a lot of grousing around here. Not fluke talk but cheaters playing defense like it's not supposed to be played in basketball blah blah blah...same sort of stuff really.

I'm here for the party

#24 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 03:52 PM

Kobe to NY would make them a better team, for sure -- Houston's damn good... when he's "on." Problem is, he's streaky as hell. Kobe's more consistent and obviously has a much bigger upside.

But, correct me if I'm wrong here -- don't you think that would create a bit of a tiff in the locker room? The Knicks became Marbury's team this past season, and for good reason. Kobe wants to go somewhere that will be "his" team, where he's the go-to guy, where he's feeling all the pressure. At least, that's how it seems. If he goes to NY, there could be a power struggle... and Marbury could end up elsewhere.

Derek, your thoughts?

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users