524 replies to this topic

#221 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

Picking and offensive players from the Jets is not a good idea, I bleed Green ( on Football sundays) but their defense might score more than their offensse!!!

He`s a starter with no good option B. I could take 5-6 other guys and hope they get 7-8 carries on Sunday. People are taking guys early because of draft sheets and such when they aren`t even the teams #1 guy in camp. Round 5 is too early to take a guy and hope he plays.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#222 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

Strange Request: Trying out a Fantasy College Football Draft on cbsportsline.com for Wed August 29th at 7PM EST....free draft 8 teams just something different...live draft...if you are interested let me know I need 1 team

Sorry for posting here: just figured out of everyone this group was the best to ask

Edited by LOTCB, 24 August 2012 - 02:55 PM.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#223 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

Eric Decker, WR, DEN

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#224 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

He`s a starter with no good option B. I could take 5-6 other guys and hope they get 7-8 carries on Sunday. People are taking guys early because of draft sheets and such when they aren`t even the teams #1 guy in camp. Round 5 is too early to take a guy and hope he plays.

A. Who has gotten taken "Too early"? .... besides Vick that is, at least he'll start a few, a couple one games for sure.
B. Just means more "quality" players for you, right?

Eric Decker, WR, DEN

Nice, almost just took him last pick. :thumbsup:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#225 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,836 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

I never swing for the fences like THIS.....but what the hell.....

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#226 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

Sworn Defenders select Antonio Gates, TE, SD

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#227 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

A. Who has gotten taken "Too early"? .... besides Vick that is, at least he'll start a few, a couple one games for sure.
B. Just means more "quality" players for you, right?

Wasn't referring to this draft specifically at all. Just other mocks I have seen.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#228 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

i know i picked alot of guys way too high, ive had a putrid draft so far, gunna have to build my team off waivers

#229 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

Talented nice guy with hammy issues or talented baby with anger management issues? I'll take the nice guy and hope the hammy holds up:

WR Miles Austin
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#230 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,836 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

i know i picked alot of guys way too high, ive had a putrid draft so far, gunna have to build my team off waivers

Could you wait for the draft to END before you shuffle the "I'm gonna lose" card into your arsenal ??? :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#231 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

Having one of the big five at QB sure helps, especially adding Jordy Nelson basically for free. Three of the final four teams last year had one of the big QB's (Rodgers - dr, Brady - VALUE, Newton - Clown), that's part of the reason I really wanted Stafford with the #4...but I figured the difference between Stafford and the next tier wasn't worth the difference between McCoy and the RB's that would have wound up falling to me at 21 and not starting to fill a position you need at least two starters at. Then again, I led all teams in scoring by a mile last year without one of the big five anyway.

So far the only thing I'm semi-second guessing myself on is passing up McGahee, I usually like to take that third RB early, but really I'd rather have a sure QB week in and week out and try to fill my flex spot/third RB later as opposed to constantly playing matchups with QB's. Plus McGahee has the same bye as McCoy. So much of how your draft goes depends on what everyone else does, you can't account for cooky trends or early runs on positions.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 24 August 2012 - 07:26 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#232 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

Sworn Defenders, after much deliberation, swing for the fences and takes the gamble.... Dez Bryant, WR, DAL

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#233 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

LOTCB proudly selects WR Stevie Johnson, Buffalo

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#234 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:59 PM

We need to Clown-Block clown more!

Edited by VivaLaFlamme, 25 August 2012 - 12:00 AM.

#235 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:10 AM

We need to Clown-Block clown more!

haha, I have no Bills on my draft list. They are not alone. I have several 0's, lots of 1's and a couple 2's for the amount of players on some teams I would even consider.

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#236 DevilsMJ

DevilsMJ

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

Jeremy Maclin, WR, PHI

Jermichael Finley, TE, GB
1986, 1987, 1991, 1995, 2000, 2003 , and 2008were the best years of my life what will be the next?

RANGERS SUCK!!!!!!

Go METS!!!!!!!!!

G-MENNNNNN!!!!!!!!

#237 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

Sworn Defenders select Peyton Hillis, RB, KC

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#238 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

The MantaRavens select Cedric Benson starting RB for the Green Bay Packers
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#239 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,520 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

Dynamo Nation selects Aaron Hernadez, TE NE
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#240 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

I'll draft in the morning. I'm too drunk tO pick right now

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users