MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

12th Slot and keeping Ray Rice.

Damn you.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#22 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

The MantaRavens are proud to select in the #10 position and also extend our Salsa Dancing partner in keeping WR Victor Cruz from the Super Bowl Champion New York Football Giants.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#23 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,614 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

12th Slot and keeping Ray Rice.

I forgot to mention.....our first MANTA BLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#24 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

The tradition continues!!!
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#25 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,447 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

i'm back, i"ll try to watch the board as much as i can, looks like i did not miss much..
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#26 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

Welcome aboard Red~!
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#27 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,447 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

Thanks Manta..

This is painfully slow...
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#28 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,196 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

It'll be faster during the actual draft (sometimes), the time limit doesn't get enforced in this part of it.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#29 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

Thanks Manta..

Believe me, once the key is turned in the ignition this process will take off and the participants will take great pains to "make you aware" when its your turn.

Its actually a very fast and humorus ride.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#30 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,614 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

Two more pre-selections till our first conference call!!!! :wub:

it does help move things along when 3 people live nearby, and we can get the 4th one on the the speaker phone #efficiency !!!!

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#31 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

Crasher turned the 1 hour Fantasy draft rush, and improved it into "a three week rush to kickoff... or a little after kick off, but who's really counting" process.
Don't question the supreme leadership of the Crasher.

Ever.
ever.
ever.

or else the conference call waits until the final minute of the last timer.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#32 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,094 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

Crasher turned the 1 hour Fantasy draft rush, and improved it into "a three week rush to kickoff... or a little after kick off, but who's really counting" process.

Ever.
ever.
ever.

You're totally going to go missing from your bed tonight and wind up in a ditch now.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#33 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Ever.
ever.
ever.

Crasher does the dirty work that no one else wants to do and THEN has to deal with the hoi-poloi when things get slow. No offense Albert, but you taunt Crasher to the brink.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#34 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,196 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

Crasher does the dirty work that no one else wants to do and THEN has to deal with the hoi-poloi when things get slow. No offense Albert, but you taunt Crasher to the brink.

It's not as if twelve people can run the league even if all twelve wanted to though.

I mean it's great and all that CRASHER sends out the invites and can do stuff with his off-site buddies to move along the draft but it's hardly a one-person show. The real 'dirty work' of this league imo is all the organizational stuff (updating the draft list and constantly changing the pinned thread for who's up and what time) that ayl himself does for the most part during the draft. I help out too since we both have mod powers in this folder but he lays the groundwork for it and the three-week draft rush is really the crux of activity here.

There's not much that really needs to be done in-season and during the offseason there's an occasional rule change that everyone votes on.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 13 August 2012 - 05:31 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#35 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,010 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

Sorry guys..been out of town all weekend and just got settled at home. I'll pick 3rd and use my keeper on A.J. Green.

Edited by devilsrule33, 13 August 2012 - 06:17 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#36 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,196 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

I'll go with the 4th pick and Gronkowski as the keeper.

#37 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,614 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

LCB keeps six and

I take five and:

now...SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS......as much as you all LOVE when we do these all in a row...... Brian can't.....so....we wait B )

(be careful what you ask for.......eh?)

#38 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

It's not as if twelve people can run the league even if all twelve wanted to though.

I mean it's great and all that CRASHER sends out the invites and can do stuff with his off-site buddies to move along the draft but it's hardly a one-person show. The real 'dirty work' of this league imo is all the organizational stuff (updating the draft list and constantly changing the pinned thread for who's up and what time) that ayl himself does for the most part during the draft. I help out too since we both have mod powers in this folder but he lays the groundwork for it and the three-week draft rush is really the crux of activity here.

There's not much that really needs to be done in-season and during the offseason there's an occasional rule change that everyone votes on.

My apologies to Ayl I didn't realize the backend/behind the scenes stuff.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#39 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

now...SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS......as much as you all LOVE when we do these all in a row...... Brian can't.....so....we wait B )

(be careful what you ask for.......eh?)

:rofl:

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#40 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,614 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

So it's all fine and wonderful to trivialize the fact that I get in touch with EVERYONE on here when it's their turn to go (not right away but when things need a kick in gear....I kick em.....as long as we stay on course for the draft ending hours before kickoff I'm fine with a slow-down)....not to mention I add the players drafted to the actual live draft results as soon as I see them happen....which if anything, trivializes the need for a thread with results here....just sayin B )

it's amazing how the more I come back to this place the less I really seem to miss it anymore.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users