524 replies to this topic

#41 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,418 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

Well Yahoo doesn't exactly let you order the picks correctly post-trades or have a time slot so yeah you do kind of need the thread here too to keep it organized, it's easier when it's all in one location, which is why I check this board out over the Yahoo! site even though occasionally a pick will be there before it's here when you sneak it in :P

EDIT: Nvm, don't need to keep the last part in, I misunderstood the intent of your last post.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 14 August 2012 - 04:02 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#42 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

Wow I can really feel trhe love in here...

when do i get to pick???
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#43 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,418 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

After VALUE picks his spot and keeper, you can do the same. Only two spots will be left though.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#44 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

The annual ' the forum posts are trivial, use Yahoo... and the push back, Yahoo doesn't work for a draft like this' debate.
We all have our preferences. No need to bicker.

Crasher, if you're honestly are growing tired of this... we can make this champion is the commish each year.
And then we can all fear the year 'Taco' becomes our glorious commish. (The League / FX reference).
sh!t, am I Taco?

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#45 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

Crasher, if you're honestly are growing tired of this... we can make this champion is the commish each year.

No one's got a gun to your face to rejoin either.....and you are the one who does the most complaining....maybe you should ask the same question to yourself....sh!t go buy some tacos and mill it over......
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#46 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

The annual ' the forum posts are trivial, use Yahoo... and the push back, Yahoo doesn't work for a draft like this' debate.
We all have our preferences. No need to bicker.

And then we can all fear the year 'Taco' becomes our glorious commish. (The League / FX reference).
sh!t, am I Taco?

Kudos for "The League" reference. Fantastic show and cry laughing most of the time because they hit those rare comedy buttons you NEVER feel in a normal comedy. I LOVE RUXIN!!!!
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#47 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

No one's got a gun to your face to rejoin either.....and you are the one who does the most complaining....maybe you should ask the same question to yourself....sh!t go buy some tacos and mill it over......

I see the boards are in pre-draft mode.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#48 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

Well Yahoo doesn't exactly let you order the picks correctly post-trades or have a time slot so yeah you do kind of need the thread here too to keep it organized, it's easier when it's all in one location, which is why I check this board out over the Yahoo! site even though occasionally a pick will be there before it's here when you sneak it in :P

Sorry if I offended you by giving someone else credit, but I obviously can't win either way with your hypersensitivity since you've jumped me more than once even when I was trying to defend or be fair to you.

Trades are one thing....and why announce one pick from our super-conference meetings until they're all made?? I only put them in and hit save as they go on in case of browser crash and it updates the "best available" list
and believe me I realized during the "I made a decision which isn't the decision people wanted so it doesn't count as a decision" garbage to not take anything said in here with a SHRED of credibility :P

PS I guess Brian needs to bring y'all a Doctor's note for his wife's back problems testing your attention spans right?

Edited by CRASHER, 14 August 2012 - 04:01 PM.

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#49 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,418 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

Kudos for "The League" reference. Fantastic show and cry laughing most of the time because they hit those rare comedy buttons you NEVER feel in a normal comedy. I LOVE RUXIN!!!!

Everyone says it's funny but I almost feel like I can't watch a fantasy football satire, cause it'll just make me feel weird about doing a fantasy league that winds up using a month to draft lol (between the board draft function and the pre-draft keepers).

Besides, this league has enough comedy between the Manta Blocks, backup QB's being picked in the fourth round and CRASHER picking Frank Gore every year in the first round :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 14 August 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#50 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

I see the boards are in pre-draft mode.

Sing along with me....

It's the most wonderful time of the year....
With protect submits belling..
And everyone telling you "Speed Your Ass Up!"
It's the most wonderful time of the year

It's the hap-happiest season of all
With those offseason threads and Manning debates
When posters come to whine....
It's the hap- happiest season of all!!!!!!

Edited by LOTCB, 14 August 2012 - 05:55 PM.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#51 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

I, for one, am blocked from the yahoo fantasy site while at work. (where I am most of my waking hours) So this site is where I keep up. & having the different results thread helps me track picks and trends and needs and such.

Trades are one thing....and why announce one pick from our super-conference meetings until they're all made??

I offer you an answer to your question. Lets say I'm looking at 2 guys I want on my team & the 1st guy in your conference call picks one of them and there are a couple guys picking before my next pick who also need that position, but I don't wanna miss out on the remaining player. If I knew player #1 was picked, I may be motivated to make a trade to move up.

Posted Image

standing by for Posted Image Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#52 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,418 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

Realistically there are points in the draft where three picks are going to happen quick anyway. That's nothing, it's not an eight-pick block the way it was last year when four people mass picked at the turn of each round. If people don't want to trade that's their prerogative. I do hope everyone looks at their PM's before their pick just in case.

The other side of the equation would be how long do we have to wait to draft in case of a trade offer? I like to pick right away unless I'm working on a trade beforehand.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 14 August 2012 - 09:07 PM.

#53 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

I feel strange because I've been in a good mood for a while... since I gave up trying to reason the Manning ruling.
Other than keepers magically happening, I've never once said I'm tired of this league (and never did I question why I'm on this forum)

This place is great. I'm sorry you can't let people bitching at you mildly.

You should see the crap that goes on in other offline leagues I'm in.
Raping pregnant wife jokes and all... to be fair, they are quite funny - in a very dark sense.
Ok, maybe Veronica wouldn't have liked it.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#54 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:58 AM

Sing along with me....

It's the most wonderful time of the year....
With protect submits belling..
And everyone telling you "Speed Your Ass Up!"
It's the most wonderful time of the year

It's the hap-happiest season of all
With those offseason threads and Manning debates
When posters come to whine....
It's the hap- happiest season of all!!!!!!

Brilliant!!! This has to be our August theme song.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#55 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,479 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

So lets say a trade is made moments prior to the deadline for that pick, do you get another 12 hours to make your pick??
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#56 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:20 AM

So lets say a trade is made moments prior to the deadline for that pick, do you get another 12 hours to make your pick??

I am thinking so: I would think it would work like the real NFL Draft when there is a trade the clock re-sets: Or can we get a ruling on this? Maybe 4 hours?

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#57 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

No, we maintain the clock on the pick itself, and not the GM. If you trade last minute for a pick, you need to make that pick immediately.

That really should never be an issue. If you are trading for the pick on the clock, you should know immediately why you traded up.

This would be more a Crasher ruling, but I don't believe a trade would be allowed where the person on the clock announces he traded his pick at the deadline, and then the clock expires, before the other GM is back on. (ie: I send a PM to Crasher offering my 2nd/3rd for his 1st... I don't hear back... Crasher then with 2minutes to spare, responds back: done deal!.. I log in 2 hours later, and see he accepted and I got autopicked and draft moved on) Don't be shady Crasher! :P HA

And to add: We have a soft auto-pick. If you get autopicked, but show up prior to the next selection. You can re-pick. However, once the next pick is made... you are locked into that player at that slot. You can try to trade him for another pick in that round of course, but you can't release a player back into the draft pool after others have already picked and pick somebody new.

Edited by aylbert, 15 August 2012 - 10:07 AM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#58 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,479 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

OK thx for the info, I was more worried about the scenario you talked about where I offer a trade to the team currently on the clock, they accept and i donot know it until after the pick expires....

BTW, pretty glad this process is taking its time, I have no idea what i am doing w/ my keeper yet...
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#59 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

Sorry about the delay. I am working out a keeper dilemma here. fvcking Marshawn and his DUI
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#60 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

Sorry about the delay. I am working out a keeper dilemma here. fvcking Marshawn and his DUI

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry not laughing at you...just laughing at all the 'experts' for killing the Bills on that trade

Truly, The Anti-Regier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users