A Look at the New Jersey Devils Ratings in NHL 13

Devs3cups

I know some of you (myself included) like to play NHL. ANd since we don't have much to discuss or talk about at this point in the off-season, I thought I would post this.

It's the NJ Devils player ratings in NHL 13. Some of them are questionnable as you will be able to see, but oh well.

Enjoy!

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Todd-Cordell/A-Look-at-the-New-Jersey-Devils-Ratings-in-NHL-13/159/46151

Edited by Devs3cups

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know some of you (myself included) like to play NHL. ANd since we don't have much to discuss or talk about at this point in the off-season, I thought I would post this.

It's the NJ Devils player ratings in NHL 13. Some of them are questionnable as you will be able to see, but oh well.

Enjoy!

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Todd-Cordell/A-Look-at-the-New-Jersey-Devils-Ratings-in-NHL-13/159/46151

So that grinds my gears a little bit but what are we gonna do. I am however debating to pay the $80 for the Stanley cup edition so I don't have to Stare at giroux's ugly mug all year lol

What is the difference between the 2 actually? first i even heard of it was when i went to pre-order the game and was given the option of the two.

well fist I'd like to.state the luxury of not staring at a flyers sweater all year.

Like some extra stick packs for your pro and cards for the HUT and the tin and.stuff. I think it says what's included on gamestop.com

I knew I would be annoyed when I saw the ratings. The Devils always get low balled. Somehow Luongo is like the 4th best goalie in the game, and also Ovechkin is better than Malkin. EA makes some great games, but it seems like if the team isnt from Canada or if the team doesnt have Crosby on it they spend no time on them.

This is one reason I've stopped purchasing this series. There are no improvements in this game year in year out.

Idk man the new true performance skating looks sick I'm pretty excited.

the skating really does look really good this year. im glad that finally datsyuk is finally getting some love too i think he was tied for the highest rating with crosby at like 95. i still dont understand how ovechkin is still rated higher than stamkos and somehow ryan miller is the best goalie in the game? some odd choices there but still looking foward to it.

I mean I'll wait to actually play the game with the players to see how they feel, and everyone should keep in mind that the player ratings system was completely changed this year, so I won't overreact to the numbers, but that said, they look pretty bad. And to have the Winnipeg Jets rated higher than us as a team in all three categories is a damn insult. I mean offense, maybe that's a wash. But defense? No way the Jets are even close to us. Compare team GAA last season: us - 2.50, them - 2.95. I'm sick of having to play with a disadvantage against everyone online in NHL games just because I want to play with my team. We made the goddamn Stanley Cup finals, why can't this team get any respect? Oh well, I'll take on all the 12 year old brats who play with the Penguins/Flyers/Red Wings every game and I'll still destroy them.

I mean I'll wait to actually play the game with the players to see how they feel, and everyone should keep in mind that the player ratings system was completely changed this year, so I won't overreact to the numbers, but that said, they look pretty bad. And to have the Winnipeg Jets rated higher than us as a team in all three categories is a damn insult. I mean offense, maybe that's a wash. But defense? No way the Jets are even close to us. Compare team GAA last season: us - 2.50, them - 2.95. I'm sick of having to play with a disadvantage against everyone online in NHL games just because I want to play with my team. We made the goddamn Stanley Cup finals, why can't this team get any respect? Oh well, I'll take on all the 12 year old brats who play with the Penguins/Flyers/Red Wings every game and I'll still destroy them.

This. Haha I always play the red wings. Canucks. And kings ( bastards). And as always I play as the devils and win 95% of the time because I know how to use the team.

So that grinds my gears a little bit but what are we gonna do. I am however debating to pay the $80 for the Stanley cup edition so I don't have to Stare at giroux's ugly mug all year lol

If you preorder it on amazon they are giving out a 15 dollar amazon gift credit and a Amazon Exclusive BAUER Boost Pack. So you really would only be paying an extra 5 bucks in the end.

Edited by Satans Hockey

If you preorder it on amazon they are giving out a 15 dollar amazon gift credit and a Amazon Exclusive BAUER Boost Pack. So you really would only be paying an extra 5 bucks in the end.

I will definitely look in to that thank you sir. And may the swole be past on to you and your kin

well fist I'd like to.state the luxury of not staring at a flyers sweater all year.

Like some extra stick packs for your pro and cards for the HUT and the tin and.stuff. I think it says what's included on gamestop.com

PEople quickly make custom covers so you can just do that.

Except that they give the same $15 credit for the regular $60 version as well (or at least they were a few weeks ago). I pre-ordered mine for $45.

Except that they give the same $15 credit for the regular $60 version as well (or at least they were a few weeks ago). I pre-ordered mine for $45.

That's true but if you want the Stanley Cup Cover it's a good deal as well. I still didn't buy NHL 12 so I might buy this one. Last years was the first one I haven't bought since they basically started making them.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

A solution to those who don't want to spend the $80 on Stanley Cup edition but also don't want to look at Giroux's mug all year, made this cover myself on Photoshop after the NHL awards when Giroux was announced as the cover athlete.

21lud8y.png

4ig3e8.png

Enjoy guys! :cheers:

Do not want to stare at Giroux all year, How do I get this devil one?

That's true but if you want the Stanley Cup Cover it's a good deal as well. I still didn't buy NHL 12 so I might buy this one. Last years was the first one I haven't bought since they basically started making them.

You picked a good year to take off. NHL 12 was probably the weakest in terms of upgrades in this console generation. I have high hopes for NHL 13 though. If they finally did skating right, it could make a huuuuge difference. I am tired of playing "stop on a dime and twirl around" hockey.

A solution to those who don't want to spend the $80 on Stanley Cup edition but also don't want to look at Giroux's mug all year, made this cover myself on Photoshop after the NHL awards when Giroux was announced as the cover athlete.

21lud8y.png

4ig3e8.png

Enjoy guys! :cheers:

Thank you sire you are a gentleman and a scholar

You picked a good year to take off. NHL 12 was probably the weakest in terms of upgrades in this console generation. I have high hopes for NHL 13 though. If they finally did skating right, it could make a huuuuge difference. I am tired of playing "stop on a dime and twirl around" hockey.

Upgrades? The game was a major downgrade. The computer-controlled teammates have the hockey sense of a Choco Taco and if you're not playing in 720p, it's impossible to do manual line changes because it makes the game stutter down to a snail's pace. Not to mention half the time you hit somebody they fall in a way that defies physics. How can a person fall forwards after being hit from in front of them?

I could not care less about the cover. I will look at it when I buy the game and then once in a while throughout the year when I take the game out of the case or put it back in. I honestly don't even remember who is on the cover of NHL 12 and I have been playing that game a lot recently, it really is not a big deal. All I care about is gameplay, and especially the teammate AI. If your teammates never know where to go on defense or how to get open for passes, you are forced to play unrealistically by trying to dangle through everybody yourself, it's so frustrating.