55 replies to this topic

#21 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

A solution to those who don't want to spend the $80 on Stanley Cup edition but also don't want to look at Giroux's mug all year, made this cover myself on Photoshop after the NHL awards when Giroux was announced as the cover athlete.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy guys! :cheers:

Edited by parisebrandon1994, 19 August 2012 - 06:34 PM.

25smul5.png

#22 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

A solution to those who don't want to spend the $80 on Stanley Cup edition but also don't want to look at Giroux's mug all year, made this cover myself on Photoshop after the NHL awards when Giroux was announced as the cover athlete.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Do not want to stare at Giroux all year, How do I get this devil one?

#23 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

That's true but if you want the Stanley Cup Cover it's a good deal as well. I still didn't buy NHL 12 so I might buy this one. Last years was the first one I haven't bought since they basically started making them.

You picked a good year to take off. NHL 12 was probably the weakest in terms of upgrades in this console generation. I have high hopes for NHL 13 though. If they finally did skating right, it could make a huuuuge difference. I am tired of playing "stop on a dime and twirl around" hockey.

#24 SeanMac16

SeanMac16

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:14 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thank you sire you are a gentleman and a scholar

#25 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:43 AM

You picked a good year to take off. NHL 12 was probably the weakest in terms of upgrades in this console generation. I have high hopes for NHL 13 though. If they finally did skating right, it could make a huuuuge difference. I am tired of playing "stop on a dime and twirl around" hockey.

Upgrades? The game was a major downgrade. The computer-controlled teammates have the hockey sense of a Choco Taco and if you're not playing in 720p, it's impossible to do manual line changes because it makes the game stutter down to a snail's pace. Not to mention half the time you hit somebody they fall in a way that defies physics. How can a person fall forwards after being hit from in front of them?

I could not care less about the cover. I will look at it when I buy the game and then once in a while throughout the year when I take the game out of the case or put it back in. I honestly don't even remember who is on the cover of NHL 12 and I have been playing that game a lot recently, it really is not a big deal. All I care about is gameplay, and especially the teammate AI. If your teammates never know where to go on defense or how to get open for passes, you are forced to play unrealistically by trying to dangle through everybody yourself, it's so frustrating.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#26 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:10 AM

Henrik Tallinder (83)
Patrik Elias (82)
Adam Henrique (81)

and Gio only 2 points higher than Janssen/Bolton?

da fvck?

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#27 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:44 AM

This is why I'm glad I stopped with this nonsense at the 2002 edition.

#28 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:30 AM

The GM connected mode looks sweet. Me and my friends are starting an online league, if anyone wants in. We are trying to get 30 people, 1 for each team. The teams that are already taken are the devils, penguins, rangers, predators, and blackhawks. If anyone wants in though let me know.

#29 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:18 AM

I didn't get 12 either. It didn't help that the Legends mode looked so halfed ass. They didn't even fill the Legends team with Legends. If you can't do that why should I care. Also Roenick and Chelios? Maybe if they were 2 of 30 or again the 4th line or fill out the defense. Would have loved to play as a Bossy or Potvin from the Islanders, Mikita or Hull for the Blackhawks, or take control of Stevens again. They got a whole team for the Habs 100 year team so its not impossible

Edited by roomtemp, 20 August 2012 - 10:40 AM.

#30 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:37 AM

This is why I'm glad I stopped with this nonsense at the 2002 edition.

The game really went downhill around that time. At least we still had 2K making NHL games then, theirs were far and away the better game from around 2003 to 2006 or 2007. EA made drastic improvements when they came out with I think NHL 08 though. Still, I wish 2K was around, they seemed more focused on realism than adding new entertaining features and I think the competition between the two made EA realize they had to get their act together.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#31 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

The GM connected mode looks sweet. Me and my friends are starting an online league, if anyone wants in. We are trying to get 30 people, 1 for each team. The teams that are already taken are the devils, penguins, rangers, predators, and blackhawks. If anyone wants in though let me know.

hey ill take Detroit, xbox360?

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#32 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

hey ill take Detroit, xbox360?

Yeah, my gamertag is NJD3 if you wanna add me. I will prolly get the league up in the first or second day after the game comes out, and start it maybe a week later when everyone has their teams.

#33 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

So the Devils best Dman was 8th on the depth chart in the Stanley cup finals...
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#34 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

The game really went downhill around that time. At least we still had 2K making NHL games then, theirs were far and away the better game from around 2003 to 2006 or 2007. EA made drastic improvements when they came out with I think NHL 08 though. Still, I wish 2K was around, they seemed more focused on realism than adding new entertaining features and I think the competition between the two made EA realize they had to get their act together.

Eh I think it's just minus a very select few games, I am not much of a gamer. For the past 10 years I probably average a total of 10-20 hours a year on playing video games and most of that is either on my old NES or SNES.

#35 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

I'll get in on this too if theres room. I'll take EDM if no one has already

#36 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got any High res so I can print it and put it in the case?
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#37 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

I'll get in on this too if theres room. I'll take EDM if no one has already

The kid who is thinking about taking Chicago is deciding between Edmonton and Chicago. So i dont know for sure if Chicago, or Edmonton are taken. Ill let you know when I find out. So far we have:
.Red Wings
.Devils
.Penguins
.Rangers
.Predators
.Chicago/Edmonton

Ultimate goal is to have 30 User teams lined up when the game comes out

#38 Mahon

Mahon

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

Kinda sux I was looking forward with playing with them after such a good season. . . . bunch of a-holes puttiing that game together huh. . . . .

#39 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:54 PM

Eh I think it's just minus a very select few games, I am not much of a gamer. For the past 10 years I probably average a total of 10-20 hours a year on playing video games and most of that is either on my old NES or SNES.

Man I wish my Super Nintendo still worked.
--John Buccigross

#40 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

I'd be in on this. I'll take the Caps. My gamertag is NJDevil15

believe-devs.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users