#1 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

http://sports.yahoo....11553--nhl.html

Story broke several hours ago, but we all hate this guy so let's discuss...

My initial thought was: "The Flyers resigning a goon? Never!"

I posted my thoughts on HF:

Ah, the man everyone hates but secretly wishes was on their team.. Yeah he's a dick on the ice but you can tell he's a good guy.. He was very fair to the Devils after our series, giving us credit and giving Marty respect

I'm undecided on this.. He did a fantastic job getting space on the PP so that the good Flyers passing (namely Giroux) could thread him the puck.. But he really can't skate and I really didn't think much of him (skill wise) before last season.. I'd say if he keeps up his play then this is a good deal, but if he can't keep his mojo then ouch that's a lotta cap imo

Edited by Colin226, 20 August 2012 - 08:29 PM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#2 crashline

crashline

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

http://sports.yahoo....11553--nhl.html

Story broke several hours ago, but we all hate this guy so let's discuss...

My initial thought was: "The Flyers resigning a goon? Never!"

I posted my thoughts on HF:

Ah, the man everyone hates but secretly wishes was on their team.. Yeah he's a dick on the ice but you can tell he's a good guy.. He was very fair to the Devils after our series, giving us credit and giving Marty respect

I'm undecided on this.. He did a fantastic job getting space on the PP so that the good Flyers passing (namely Giroux) could thread him the puck.. But he really can't skate and I really didn't think much of him (skill wise) before last season.. I'd say if he keeps up his play then this is a good deal, but if he can't keep his mojo then ouch that's a lotta cap imo

IMO it's a good signing by them. He brings a little bit of everything to the table and just fits with that organization.
Posted Image

#3 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

Good player, amazing guy off the ice....ANNOYING AS HELL to play against, not a bad contract for the flyers.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#4 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

I've always liked Hartnell. Yeah, he's a pain, but he's got grit. He's like Claude Lemieux was for the Devils in the fact that he's an arsehole, but he's our arsehole, knowwhatimsayin?

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#5 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

So does this mean he's getting traded?

#6 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:10 AM

He's a player you want on your team. Good signing by the Flyers, this guy is good on and off the ice. I would have the Devils sign him in a heartbeat.
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#7 hoekster316

hoekster316

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

I would like to see Lou lock Zajac and Clarkson to 6-year deals too before the season starts.

Got Bling?

Devils3SCRingsSignature.jpg

#8 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,728 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

Not a smart contract, players like Hartnell typically don't age well and he gets on the wrong side of 30 awfully soon. As a principle, I wouldn't sign players coming off career years who aren't even a free agent for another year.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#9 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

So does this mean he's getting traded?

Winner.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#10 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

Not a smart contract, players like Hartnell typically don't age well and he gets on the wrong side of 30 awfully soon. As a principle, I wouldn't sign players coming off career years who aren't even a free agent for another year.

Exactly. It'd be like Lou signing Clarkson to a 4/17 deal tomorrow. Hartnells value will never be higher and I'm glad he cashed in right now

#11 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:44 AM

Good signing for them. Like everyone said, player who you hate to play but the type of guy you always love when he's on your team. He's not a scumbag like Avery, he'll back his yapper up so for that, I respect him. Also, seems like a nice guy off the ice.

Not that any of that matters. 6 more years of failure and frustration for him in the face of a much better Devils franchise, so I look forward to seeing his pissed-off mug for years to come.

Also, "Cut your mullet, Hartnell!" is one of my favorite things to scream throughout Devils-Flyers games... So I'm glad I can keep it up!

Edited by DJ Eco, 21 August 2012 - 09:44 AM.

#12 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,963 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

Seems like a whole lot for a long time..

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users