52 replies to this topic

#21 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 02:47 PM

We are winning 1-0 at the halftime. We are playing much better than we did on Monday....

Oh yeah!! Watching the the live updates on www.euro2004.com now at work...GO ITALY!!!

Edited by Legend Of the Clown Banner, 18 June 2004 - 02:47 PM.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#22 koufax75

koufax75

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 03:37 PM

MERDA!! Sorry if I am rude..

But we should have won this game!! We missed some good chances... ANd then, Sweden tied... That is really bad for us....
Posted Image
NJDEVS.com Keeper of Viacheslav Slava Fetisov
Posted ImagePosted Image

#23 Swede

Swede

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:31 PM

Just got back from the game!!!

Italy killed us in the first but they fell back too far inte 2nd and let us get in 2 extra attackers and force the equalizer!!!

:dance: :dance:

Now a draw against den is enough to win the group ('less italy scores more than 5 against bul)

#24 Swede

Swede

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 07:08 PM

MERDA!! Sorry if I am rude..

But we should have won this game!! We missed some good chances... ANd then, Sweden tied... That is really bad for us....

As long as italy wins against bulgaria with more than 2 goals they are through to the next round.

Can't wait 'till tuesday :unsure:

#25 ciyenne

ciyenne

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 05:29 AM

C'mon Italy!
Keeper of the Nieds Captaincy: dignity, courage, grace and fortitude.

"Row row row the boat, gently down the stream, BELTS OFF, TROUSERS DOWN, ISN'T LIFE A SCREAM, WEY!"

Bark like a chicken, cluck like a dog.

" when I am an old woman, I shall wear purple...'

#26 Swede

Swede

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 05:35 PM

And 2-2 it is... let the conspiracy(sp?) theories continue...

Great game, loved every minute of it... especially the last 2, hahahahah

(oh, the 2-2 game was Sweden-Denmark, ensuring that both teams go to the quarters and Italy goes home... bye bye!)

#27 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,391 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:19 AM

Whoo-hoo Danes....next up, the Czechs.

I wanted to beat the Swedes, but the last minute tie actually made me laugh.

Bye-Bye Azurri :D

Posted Image
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#28 koufax75

koufax75

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:41 AM

Hard game!! Terrible situation!!

Maybe, Sweden and Denmark decided to play a 2-2 game. I wouldn't be surprised if they had decided that before the game.

But that is not the point! If we really had a good team, we would have won against Denmark and then against Sweden. And then, Sweden and Denmark could have won, tied, lost, but for us it would have been the same...

Now, Trapattoni will be fired! He failed 2 great competitions. I am sorry for him, but he did too many mistakes.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 Swede

Swede

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 09:38 AM

Maybe, Sweden and Denmark decided to play a 2-2 game. I wouldn't be surprised if they had decided that before the game.

But that is not the point! If we really had a good team, we would have won against Denmark and then against Sweden. And then, Sweden and Denmark could have won, tied, lost, but for us it would have been the same...

Now, Trapattoni will be fired! He failed 2 great competitions. I am sorry for him, but he did too many mistakes.

There is really no way you can arrange for a 2-2 draw.

I cannot believe the italian press. 2 years ago it was the ref's fault, against denmark totti blaimed new socks and shoes for his play, sweden was lucky against them the next game, and now the last game was fixed... :rolleyes:

#30 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 09:40 AM

There is really no way you can arrange for a 2-2 draw.

I cannot believe the italian press. 2 years ago it was the ref's fault, against denmark totti blaimed new socks and shoes for his play, sweden was lucky against them the next game, and now the last game was fixed... :rolleyes:

Im an Italy fan and i dont believe it was fixed at all...bottom line is they should have won 2 games and they failed to do so...case closed

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#31 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,180 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 09:44 AM

I found this conspirasy stuff really funny. Italy if they want to play, are possibly the best team in the tournament and they blew it.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#32 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,522 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 10:04 AM

Been watching al the highlights on FOX World, and whqt ganes they show....

the goal Sweden scored to tie italy was just crazy... can someone tell me why italy went into defensive mode w/ a 1 goal lead w/ 20 minutes left int he game??

Also, I know Totti got a 3 game suspension for spitting.... I guess spitting is worse then all the other crap that goes uncalled every game???

Don't get me wrong ZI love the game, and the talent inthe Euro is unreal.... but all the fouling and faking drives me crazy.... I have not seen a single corner kick where jersey' sare not pulled... yet nocalls.... scary.....

Do the top 2 from each group move on????
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#33 Swede

Swede

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 10:17 AM

Been watching al the highlights on FOX World, and whqt ganes they show....

the goal Sweden scored to tie italy was just crazy... can someone tell me why italy went into defensive mode w/ a 1 goal lead w/ 20 minutes left int he game??

Also, I know Totti got a 3 game suspension for spitting.... I guess spitting is worse then all the other crap that goes uncalled every game???

Don't get me wrong ZI love the game, and the talent inthe Euro is unreal.... but all the fouling and faking drives me crazy.... I have not seen a single corner kick where jersey' sare not pulled... yet nocalls.... scary.....

Do the top 2 from each group move on????

Yep, the diving and such is kinda irritating, but it has somehow become a part of the game (when you see these players lie on the ground as if they have been shot one minute and then see them going full force against the ball the next you kinda wonder, haha)

yep, 2 teams from each group

#34 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,522 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 11:58 AM

Well Swede I guess the fun is just begining.... the qtrs are looking to be really good.... Hopr Fox Sports keeps showing those late night replys of the games....
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#35 Swede

Swede

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 12:08 PM

Well Swede I guess the fun is just begining....  the qtrs are looking to be really good....  Hopr Fox Sports keeps showing those late night replys of the games....

I have just moved to chicago and am not allowed to work until mid july, so I am watching the games live at a bar close to where I live. $20 cover is killing me, but its worth it b/c I don't have cable :evilcry:

Yep... the fun is just begining... hopefully Swe can do better in the qtrs than what they did in '02... after winning the group (Sweden,Nigeria, Argentina, England) they lost in OT against Sengegal(?!?)...

Edited by Swede, 23 June 2004 - 12:09 PM.

#36 koufax75

koufax75

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 12:51 PM

Fixed results are rather common in international soccer. And I don't blame it. When 2 teams need a tie to move on, it is 90% sure that they will do that.

And it isn't very difficult to do that: 3-3 could have been problematic, but 2-2 is not so difficult. And then, look at the stands..

Posted Image

Posted Image

But I don't blame Sweden or Denmark. Italy would have done the same.

I blame Italy, instead. Azzurri should have played differently against Denmark. If we had scored the 2nd goal vs Sweden, we would have won that game. If Trapattoni hadn't decided to play so defensively in the last 20 minutes vs Sweden, we would have won.

Trapattoni failed 2 competitions and he will be fired!! Marcello Lippi should be our next coach.

Marcello Lippi won 5 Italian Titles, 1 Champions' League with Juventus.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#37 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,391 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 12:55 PM

That game was not fixed.

The Swedish keeper kept them in the game when the Danes led 2-1
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#38 Swede

Swede

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 04:55 PM

Koufax, there is where we differ. In sweden it is very uncommon, and there is no way they would have fixed this.

The signs were there to mess with you guys... there was so much talk from Italy about 2-2 so the fans brought these... heck, a friend of mine brought a similar one to the bar we watched the game at... and he has much insider information :P

Look at the chances the danes had when leading 2-1.... as Leeds says, our goalie kept us in the game

Once again, no way!!! xcept the last 2 minutes... but you can't really blame them.

#39 koufax75

koufax75

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 11:44 AM

I haven't blamed Denmark or Sweden. I have blamed Italian players and Trapattoni, our coach.

And even though Denmark and Sweden had fixed the game, I would not blame them. Italy should have won against Sweden...

We have a new coach: Marcello Lippi has become the new coach of Azzurri....
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#40 Swede

Swede

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 02:08 PM

I haven't blamed Denmark or Sweden. I have blamed Italian players and Trapattoni, our coach.

And even though Denmark and Sweden had fixed the game, I would not blame them. Italy should have won against Sweden...

We have a new coach: Marcello Lippi has become the new coach of Azzurri....

Good to hear that you have a new coach. Is this one going to play a more offensive game?

The first half against Sweden was sick! if they can keep playing like that they should be back at the top in no-time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users