• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

No JJ in the last game?

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#242 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Good night for the goalies in the system. Frazee with 37 saves on 38 shots in Albany's 3-1 win. Wedgewood with 33 saves on 35 shots and stopped all 8 shooters in SO in Trenton's 3-2 win.

Oh, and Janssen had 2 assists!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#243 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:57 AM

Albany lost 2-1 in a SO. Clermont with 29 saves on 30 shots and stopped 3 of 6 in the SO. This was his 3rd AHL game in 2 years. Darcy Zajac with his 3rd goal in 2 games. Josefson had an assist.

Trenton was outshot 40-20 in a 3-0 loss to Wheeling. Wedgewood with 37 saves on 40 shots.

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#244 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

I thought it would be fun to take a real early look on the AHL/ECHL situation for the defensemen next year. This is just my prediction and doesn't take into account what will happen with the logjam of D in NJ.

Free Agents
Kelly RFA - not re-signed
Leach UFA - not re-signed unless they want him as the vet down in Albany again
Corrente UFA - not re-signed

Albany
Burlon
Gelinas
Urbom
Scarlett
Merrill
McPherson (AHL Deal)

Obviously they'll probably want to add a vet D but there is a decent amount of AHL experience on that blue line. Of course they'll want to fill out probably 2 more spots to go with 8 D.

ECHL
Young
Helgeson

Young seems destined for the ECHL. I think Helgeson will be signed by NJ, but that is just my guess. While I think he could play in the AHL, if they have a numbers game it may not be a bad idea for him to play in the ECHL since his physical game should adapt well there.

Unkown
Stepanov
Hrabarenka

Yeah, I don't know what to expect with these guys. Perhaps they get AHL deals again or they move on. A lot to be excited about in the minors next year.

#245 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

Another disappointing year for Albany concluded today. Here are the final stats for the skaters and goalies.

#246 JacobPaul1995

JacobPaul1995

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

i really wish that NJ would have their own ECHL team again. Elmira is a prime team to be affiliated with. maybe talk to the Sens about it, maybe approach the ECHL about an expansion.

I've been to a few Elmira Jackals games and their fans are loud and proud. they also have some quality players and every game they appeal to the fans. ive never been to an Elmira game without seeing a fight.

1488744_662845367109224_1470841889_n.jpg

NEVER DOUBT THE DEVILS!!!

#1 Devils Fan. DJ Jersey Devil on 88.3 WSBU

#247 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

i really wish that NJ would have their own ECHL team again.

I don't disagree, but on the other hand, Trenton JUST folded. Granted, the Devils probably killed that market their Trenton Devils experiment, but a revived Titans with a Flyers affiliation couldn't make it either. Would you make another go of it in Trenton and hope for the best, or would you try somewhere else, like Atlantic City?
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#248 JacobPaul1995

JacobPaul1995

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

id go for somewhere in central Jersey, like maybe Freehold or maybe even go down to Atlantic City. Freehold team will generate revenue for the shore area (my old home). The Jersey Shore Devils. i like the sound of that! Atlantic City Demons: i like that too!

1488744_662845367109224_1470841889_n.jpg

NEVER DOUBT THE DEVILS!!!

#1 Devils Fan. DJ Jersey Devil on 88.3 WSBU

#249 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

I would say the future of the A-Devils in order of most likely are:

1) Extend in Albany

2) Atlantic City - they keep testing this idea and it seemed to attract a mix of locals and traveling fans.

3) Trenton - I'd say its something they would relook at now. They shot themselves in the foot with the T-Devils with many locals, but AHL level play might garner more interest and traveling fans are more likely here (especially with the Phantoms).

4) ? - I wonder if joining the big ten leads to a new arena for Rutgers at some point. Total guess, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Will be interested to see if Albany returns to AC for a few games again, but maybe now they try in Trenton for a few.

#250 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,664 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

I would say the future of the A-Devils in order of most likely are:

1) Extend in Albany

2) Atlantic City - they keep testing this idea and it seemed to attract a mix of locals and traveling fans.

3) Trenton - I'd say its something they would relook at now. They shot themselves in the foot with the T-Devils with many locals, but AHL level play might garner more interest and traveling fans are more likely here (especially with the Phantoms).

4) ? - I wonder if joining the big ten leads to a new arena for Rutgers at some point. Total guess, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Will be interested to see if Albany returns to AC for a few games again, but maybe now they try in Trenton for a few.

Is their lease up soon?

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#251 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

Is their lease up soon?

Thought it was a five year deal. I think they're three years in at this point

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users