Photo

Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!)

• Please log in to reply
1718 replies to this topic

Poll: Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!) (130 member(s) have cast votes)

When will we see hockey?

1. Oct 12 (10 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Nov 12 (19 votes [14.62%])

Percentage of vote: 14.62%

3. Dec 12 (26 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. Jan 13 (33 votes [25.38%])

Percentage of vote: 25.38%

5. Feb 13 (1 votes [0.77%])

Percentage of vote: 0.77%

6. Mar 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Apr 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Oct 13 (14 votes [10.77%])

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

9. Never (27 votes [20.77%])

Percentage of vote: 20.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1181 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

No hockey gives me more time to read a book instead. So, the Owners and Players can all take a flying :rant: leap this year. I don't care anymore at this point. My love of the sport just died a little more with this Lockout.
So Say We All

#1182 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

Read this article, it is these most detailed one I have seen yet. It clearly paints a picture of the NHLPA giving up all the concessions...

http://sports.yahoo....-234239312.html

#1183 chrisg19

chrisg19

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

Read this article, it is these most detailed one I have seen yet. It clearly paints a picture of the NHLPA giving up all the concessions...

http://sports.yahoo....-234239312.html

That was a good article. Thanks for posting.
"It wasn't Mike Eruzione shouting his own name that finally convinced coach Brooks to stop making the players do sprints. It was Mark Johnson, who smashed his stick against the glass in a fit of rage." Movie Mistakes and Bloopers

My Devils Photos

Work

#1184 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

And that's why so many fans -- but not all -- have been on the players side. Anyone following the talks on a semi-daily or weekly basis could see that the players have been making most of the concessions.

#1185 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

I don't think most fans side with the players at all, I think most are just anti-Bettman more than anything else - and with good reason since he's the lockout commissioner (though I don't think hockey fans who are baseball fans have any great love for Fehr either). Most of HF is as pro-owner as this place is pro-player ironically, so it's hardly unanimous. I fall in the camp of 'a pox on both their houses' and I think a lot of people do too.

Besides, until recently - two and a half months into 'talks' - the players weren't conceding anything. And when they finally did make concessions, they blew up a grenade in their own hand with Fehr's press conference PR stunt.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 15 December 2012 - 01:44 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1186 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

Great, looks like the players are moving forward. This is getting really close to 1/11/13 quasi season deadline.

@JSportsnet
NHLPA will begin voting tomorrow to give Exec Board authority to file a disclaimer of interest. Players will vote for 5 days via internet.

Retweeted by Spector's Hockey

@JSportsnet
NHLPA Exec Board requires a positive vote of 2/3rds of the members to be able to act, and then has until Jan 2/13 to file notification.

#1187 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

January 2, eh? Looks like the players are setting their own drop-dead date before the league sets it for them :P

Of course a deal would happen much sooner if the DOI somehow got voted down, then the players would really have to come crawling to the owners.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1188 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,445 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

January 2, eh? Looks like the players are setting their own drop-dead date before the league sets it for them :P

Of course a deal would happen much sooner if the DOI somehow got voted down, then the players would really have to come crawling to the owners.

Why would that be true? How have things changed if the DOI fails? They're in the same place. Again, all the NHL has to do to end this charade is give a little bit, unless they think Fehr is completely bluffing and is going to keep asking until he's run out of time.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1189 enjoythesilence

enjoythesilence

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

No hockey gives me more time to read a book instead.

Ah, me too! I'm in the middle of reading my 5th book since the end of October....and I never read. So basically this lockout is changing me into a different person. But seriously, this needs to end. It's stupid. It's embarrassing And they are only hurting themselves. Us fans choose to go to games or not. We choose on deciding whether or not to spend money on them. In my opinion, this lockout is hurting the league more ways in one.

We all just want one thing, yet it is so hard and frustrating to accomplish.

Hope a deal will be struck soon. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
"They score! Henrique! It's over!"-Doc
"I couldn't be prouder of this group"-Pete DeBoer

#1190 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

My Hockey is now centered around my kids pee wee team, his first year! I cant wait till he attempts a backwards cross-over in a real game, it should be hysterical!!!

#1191 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

My Hockey is now centered around my kids pee wee team, his first year! I cant wait till he attempts a backwards cross-over in a real game, it should be hysterical!!!

Haha. I watched my brother play this weekend. Though he only allowed 2 goals, it was unfortunately on maybe 6 shots, lol. Kinda wanted to see my brother play goal rather than skate in circles bored, then watch him look like he wanted to kill someone after whiffing on a glove save. Nothing better than seeing a 9 year old kid fuming mad about winning by 7 goals, lol.

#1192 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

No NHL logo NHLPA logo stuff for Christmas this year, I was going to buy a authentic jersey " Kovy" what also bums me out is this really screws our one player who never asked for much and played his heart out. If they cancel the season I do not see Marty coming back I know he signed for 2 yrs but with a 1 year layoff at his age I see him hanging em up and the number going to the rafters. I really hate to see him go out like that!

#1193 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

I thought Marty signed for two years specifically so he can play again in case there was a lockout.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#1194 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

That was the intention of both goalies from what I remember.

#1195 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

Here's something that's getting way too much attention, getting blown out of proportion because of the lockout. But I chuckled nonetheless. Can't imagine the players at the next PA meeting will be happy about this one.

Posted ImageEdit: Wow this is huge..if you wanna shrink it DM be my guest

Edited by Devilsfan118, 19 December 2012 - 01:34 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1196 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

If you're so stupid that you want to let the world know you have more cash on you than a bank teller, well, I won't feel bad if a bank robber decides he's gonna branch out into B&E just for you.

#1197 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

Here's something that's getting way too much attention, getting blown out of proportion because of the lockout. But I chuckled nonetheless. Can't imagine the players at the next PA meeting will be happy about this one.

Posted ImageEdit: Wow this is huge..if you wanna shrink it DM be my guest

Who's in the picture?
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1198 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

Who's in the picture?

Evander Kane, I believe

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1199 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Agree, getting blown way out of proportion. Until every TWENTY YEAR OLD hockey fan can honestly say they don't post stupid pics of themselves or their cars (referencing the Derek Roy hubbub) on Twitter or Facebook, then I'll expect the players to cool it down.

That being said, I've always known Evander Kane was a douchebag, too many stories coming out about him; would hate to be his teammate.

#1200 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

How members of the PA reacted when they heard Kane was about to cause a heap of bad press for their cause.

Posted Image

Edited by DaneykoIsGod, 19 December 2012 - 02:23 PM.

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users