Photo

Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!)

• Please log in to reply
1718 replies to this topic

Poll: Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!) (130 member(s) have cast votes)

When will we see hockey?

1. Oct 12 (10 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Nov 12 (19 votes [14.62%])

Percentage of vote: 14.62%

3. Dec 12 (26 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. Jan 13 (33 votes [25.38%])

Percentage of vote: 25.38%

5. Feb 13 (1 votes [0.77%])

Percentage of vote: 0.77%

6. Mar 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Apr 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Oct 13 (14 votes [10.77%])

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

9. Never (27 votes [20.77%])

Percentage of vote: 20.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1441 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Sounds inane, but part of me doesn't want the season to start. That part of me is worried about this team post Parise.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#1442 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Sounds inane, but part of me doesn't want the season to start. That part of me is worried about this team post Parise.

We were in worse shape after losing Gomez and rafalski in the same offseason. This team always loses players and is still a top team.

Edited by njd3b1ink, 04 January 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#1443 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

We were in worse shape after losing Gomez and rafalski in the same offseason. This team always loses players and is still a top team.

Thats true but its not something you can take for granted. The PK, shootouts and our forecheck was a HUUUUuUuUGE part of our success last season and guess was our best player doing those 3 things? Zach. You simply cannot deny that its gonna hurt us

www.SterioDesign.com

#1444 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Thats true but its not something you can take for granted. The PK, shootouts and our forecheck was a HUUUUuUuUGE part of our success last season and guess was our best player doing those 3 things? Zach. You simply cannot deny that its gonna hurt us

Zach was definitely not our best player in shootouts. Kovy was. And all season long kovy would score that first goal and Zach would have the opportunity to put the nail in the coffin and he would choke. And if I'm picking 1 player on our team to penalty kill in picking Elias. Zach was our best fore checker but something I absolutely could not stand was his lack of clutch performances. The biggest goal he ever scored wasn't even in a devils sweater. Not trying to make this a Parise bash, but Zach was not the sole reason why we were good last year, not even close

#1445 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

I think we will be fine but Zach has been money in the shootout pretty much since his second season.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#1446 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Zach was definitely not our best player in shootouts. Kovy was. And all season long kovy would score that first goal and Zach would have the opportunity to put the nail in the coffin and he would choke. And if I'm picking 1 player on our team to penalty kill in picking Elias. Zach was our best fore checker but something I absolutely could not stand was his lack of clutch performances. The biggest goal he ever scored wasn't even in a devils sweater. Not trying to make this a Parise bash, but Zach was not the sole reason why we were good last year, not even close

For sure in the long run id pick Kovy over zach but still what zach was bringing was still a big part of our success. Sooooo many goals for henrique was created by zach's hardwork along the boards and forecheck. Not saying henrique wont produce without zach, he proved he can handle himself alright but still... Losing zach is hurting us

www.SterioDesign.com

#1447 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

I think we will be fine but Zach has been money in the shootout pretty much since his second season.

Until most of last year anyway when he couldn't score a shootout goal after missing that penalty shot at the end of the Montreal game in November.

I can't worry about how the Devils are going to look right now. At this point it's just important for the NHL to not blow up, and then we can worry about whether the Devils will. As long as Lou and PDB are around I have faith they won't, although they may well miss the playoffs this year - depending on how quick Marty and Moose can rebound from not playing at all for several months, and just how thin the forward corps really proves to be.

The team the Devils have now is not going to be the team they have in March if there is a season anyway. We saw that last year when the team looked terrible early in the season but gradually shuffled and added some pieces, and improved.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 05 January 2013 - 10:21 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1448 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

I just want a season so that we dont pick 29th really

www.SterioDesign.com

#1449 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

We wouldn't be picking 29th automatically, they'd just have another three ball-two ball-one ball lottery for the draft next year if there was no season. Assuming court doesn't completely blow up the league and postpone or cancel the draft indefinitely :P

It'd be nice if there was a draft, can't wait for Newark to 'welcome' Bettman :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1450 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

We wouldn't be picking 29th automatically, they'd just have another three ball-two ball-one ball lottery for the draft next year if there was no season. Assuming court doesn't completely blow up the league and postpone or cancel the draft indefinitely :P

It'd be nice if there was a draft, can't wait for Newark to 'welcome' Bettman :lol:

yeah it's a though call cause we really can't guess how they would do this season... but we'd have one ball so we could land pretty much anywhere, actually our chances of having a better pick may be not having a seasonlol who knows

www.SterioDesign.com

#1451 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

I'm going out on the limb and say a deal is done by the end of tomorrow.

#1452 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

I dont want hopes up but TONS of optimism on twitter today

Kevin Paul Dupont@GlobeKPD
Keep hearing/reading sense of energy/optimism around today's CBA talks in NYC. Agent: "teams are gearing up, feels like it will be a go."

Retweeted by adater

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun
This could still derail but sources feeling positive at this point... Stay tuned

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger
Well, if its a close as we're sensing it could be a very "good day" according to source.

Bruce Garrioch@SunGarrioch
For the first time in months there is optimism surrounding these talks #NHL #NHLPA

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger
Issues still include cap in 13\14, max contract and variance. So, "minimal" may not be best word unless significant movement from both.

@Ledger_NJDevils: Sounds promising for NHL settlement very soon

Edited by Mayday, 05 January 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#1453 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

Wow, this would be a nice birthday gift!

#1454 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

please god, get it done.
LET'S GO DEVILS

#1455 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,909 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Just. Get. It. DONE.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1456 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Nick Kypreos@RealKyper
Source "tentative deal could be done within 24 hrs or #NHLPA could serve #NHL notice to disclaim early as 2day. Present meeting is huge.

#1457 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,446 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Bleh. Kypreos is the only guy with his ear to the ground on the PA, rest all strike me as league guys. If I heard Brooks with some optimism in addition to the rest I'd feel pretty confident.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1458 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,183 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

Pardon me if I don't get a shred of optimism or hope about the NHL and PA reaching a deal within 24 hours. I'll believe it when I see it.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1459 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

now if there's a deal we'll hear about how Letang threatning to play overseas made them change their mind haha

www.SterioDesign.com

#1460 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

The idea that the team won't succeed without Zach Parise is pretty laughable; I happen to recall a disaster season that he was injured for much of, that nearly ended in a playoff berth regardless.
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users