Photo

Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!)

• Please log in to reply
1718 replies to this topic

Poll: Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!) (130 member(s) have cast votes)

When will we see hockey?

1. Oct 12 (10 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Nov 12 (19 votes [14.62%])

Percentage of vote: 14.62%

3. Dec 12 (26 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. Jan 13 (33 votes [25.38%])

Percentage of vote: 25.38%

5. Feb 13 (1 votes [0.77%])

Percentage of vote: 0.77%

6. Mar 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Apr 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Oct 13 (14 votes [10.77%])

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

9. Never (27 votes [20.77%])

Percentage of vote: 20.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#161 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:08 AM

This morning I woke up and logged onto reddit. The first thing I saw was "NFL AND NFLRA REACH DEAL." I was so tired I thought it said NHL at first and then got upset. Half because it wasn't the NHL, and half because I'm a Seahawks fan...

#162 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:03 AM

Don't worry DFS30, the NHL announced 3 F'n days ago that they'd meet with the union on Friday. Talk about no urgency. They're all pieces of sh!t.

#163 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,271 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

Seriously, it's embarrassing.

The NHL is now locked out again, and I have yet to even hear about it on sportscenter or anywhere else. Granted, they haven't missed a regular season game yet, but still.

They're only hurting the fans and employees. Selfish millionaires.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#164 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib
Players here were encouraged that #NHLPA rep told them Fridays mtg w #NHL has turned into 3 days of mtgs. If talks go nowhere, (1/2)

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib
(2/2) the players say we could see a flood of locked-out NHLers leave to play elsewhere the first few weeks in October

believe-zubrus.jpg

#165 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

Lovely, a$$holes.

"NHL cancels the rest of preseason games"

"The NHL canceled the rest of the preseason Thursday, just a day before negotiations were set to resume in an effort to end the lockout."

http://sports.yahoo....37408--nhl.html

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#166 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

I am beyond tired (working days and nights back to back), but I am starting to feel that this season was starting out like a super hot chick, but only to have it all destoryed like finding out she has a dick (aka lockout)... Oh welll to Albany I shall go!

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#167 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

This sucks :( Right now we could be enjoying preseason instead I need to scour the internet for feeds of European games, end the lockout already :evilcry:
25smul5.png

#168 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

I was so looking forward to getting back from deployment - specifically cause I get back right before the season would have started. Football just doesn't cut it, damn it... What is there to look forward to now? I wanted to go to Panthers games with my new away Henrique jersey on. Damn it, damn it, damn it.

At least I'll finally be able to pick up NHL13, I guess. I'll just watch the ECF GM6 everyday since it's the only thing I was smart enough to DVR.

#169 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

Rick Nash hurt his shoulder playing in Switzerland, doesnt sound too bad but still shows the danger of having players play for someone else.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#170 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

It's almost anticlimatic now.
It's the whiskey talking.

#171 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

Rick Nash hurt his shoulder playing in Switzerland, doesnt sound too bad but still shows the danger of having players play for someone else.

Yeah, the Devils had both Elias and Gomez sustain serious injuries - when both happened they were looked at as career-threatening. Between that and both Niedermayer and Stevens leaving, it was a pretty brutal lockout. I'm glad there aren't that many Devils playing elsewhere.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#172 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

Yeah, the Devils had both Elias and Gomez sustain serious injuries - when both happened they were looked at as career-threatening. Between that and both Niedermayer and Stevens leaving, it was a pretty brutal lockout. I'm glad there aren't that many Devils playing elsewhere.

Not yet, but I'm sure there'll be more going overseas once regular season games start officially getting canceled after this weekend.

So far I think Kovy and Zidlicky are the only two to go overseas, while Henrique/Larsson/Josefson are in Albany.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#173 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

At some point I am going to get the NFL package instead of Center Ice. They are about the same price this year.
It's the whiskey talking.

#174 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

I was considering making this a seperate thread. However I figured this fits more in here since this concerns the lockout.

I am 100% convinced that we will not have a cancelled season. Of course I have no facts to back this up - it's just something that I feel within my heart of hearts and is my personal opinion. If it is a shortened season however I feel that history will be on our side. I posted the following on my facebook as a "rally cry" I guess you could say - with the lockout being longer then we all expected it to be I wanted something that would at least amp people up...to look forward to the future:

As we head deeper & deeper into this NHL lockout let us not only hope that a resolution comes soon but let us remember. Remember who was the last team to win the Stanley Cup during a SHORTENED season, remember how that win came after a disappointing loss the year before, remember how that team soon after that quickly established themselves as one of the most successful non-original six clubs in NHL history and most importantly remember that history tends to repeat itself.

Also, whoever is in charge of that McKay account makes simply amazing videos.

Edited by TheMazz, 01 October 2012 - 02:25 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#175 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

http://www.cbssports...ging-settlement

Menendez and Lautenberg send letter to Fehr and NHL urging them to get a deal done.
Posted Image

#176 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

http://www.cbssports...ging-settlement

Menendez and Lautenberg send letter to Fehr and NHL urging them to get a deal done.

Glad to hear they care and made an attempt to voice their opinion even though it wont make a difference.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#177 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

Wow, I actually give kudos to the senators. I didn't think they even noticed.
And I guess we have that 'at least their talking' mentality, but it's so hard to be optimistic.

While I hate Brooks' most times as he is the shill of shills for the players, I did like his article on Sunday.
Especially: "It is the No Hockey League, all right, the one that locks its doors not as a last resort but as a matter of course upon the expiration of labor agreements.."

http://www.nypost.co...4Kdpf0AWYIevSOM

Bettman is a cancer for this league & I just wish he'd go away.

#178 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

Bettman has nothing to do with this. If he weren't there, some other guy would be.

I don't think the league will do this, I think it's just Watters blowing smoke. Replacement players don't work. The league's value is almost totally tied up in the current players.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#179 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,290 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=406581

No progress was made. Good job guys. You bunch of useless good for nothings.

#180 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,131 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

I always had a level of optimism that these two sides would get a deal done in time. So, to see that we are this stage just floods me with disbelief at how stupid and stubborn the two sides are - that they would risk killing all the momentum and gains the league has made since the last lockout. (I side with the players but the fact that BOTH sides cant hold a meeting longer than two hours is unacceptable).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users