33 replies to this topic

#1 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

So that time has come... after several years of providing a stream to those who cannot see our beloved Devils on TV, i must retire as the NJDevs feed guy.

This decision came due to a few reasons.

- I have moved to a new apartment where Cablevision is the sole internet and TV provider. In the past i have had issues with Cablevision and their bandwidth policies. I don't want to deal with their garbage again.

- The time put into this, while being fun, has taken a small toll on my life when not sitting in front of my iMac in my room. I get worried that the feed has frozen or theres an issue. Whether i am AT the game or out doing whatever, i must make sure the feed is running, cuz i am a giant nerd and like when things go smoothly.

This feed started because i wanted to help a good friend watch Devils games and i decided to open it up to the NJDevs forum-goers
Its been a real fun time chatting with people on this forum during games and getting to know some of you.
I am thankful that everyone was supportive and even offered to pay money (which i declined because yeah, its just not cool to do that)

Hopefully we HAVE hockey this year, and i will be watching it along with all of you and chatting on here like an idiot.

again thanks to everyone, and GO DEVILS

- Matt
POTATO!!!

#2 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

Well, let me be the first to say THANKS!!! for all the games you've provided. Down in South Jersey you only get the Devils on Comcast when they play the Flyers, and then with Jim Jackson and the rest of the Flyers team. Not the best way to watch a game lol

While the games will definitely be missed, I do really want to say thanks for all the games I've gotten to see because of your feed.

Enjoy the new place :)

jim

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#3 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

So that time has come... after several years of providing a stream to those who cannot see our beloved Devils on TV, i must retire as the NJDevs feed guy.

This decision came due to a few reasons.

- I have moved to a new apartment where Cablevision is the sole internet and TV provider. In the past i have had issues with Cablevision and their bandwidth policies. I don't want to deal with their garbage again.

- The time put into this, while being fun, has taken a small toll on my life when not sitting in front of my iMac in my room. I get worried that the feed has frozen or theres an issue. Whether i am AT the game or out doing whatever, i must make sure the feed is running, cuz i am a giant nerd and like when things go smoothly.

This feed started because i wanted to help a good friend watch Devils games and i decided to open it up to the NJDevs forum-goers
Its been a real fun time chatting with people on this forum during games and getting to know some of you.
I am thankful that everyone was supportive and even offered to pay money (which i declined because yeah, its just not cool to do that)

Hopefully we HAVE hockey this year, and i will be watching it along with all of you and chatting on here like an idiot.

again thanks to everyone, and GO DEVILS

- Matt

As someone who has used this feed in the past, I just want to express my heartfelt gratidude.

#4 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

Thanks! It was a great resource for us out-of-towners.
Posted Image

#5 Scottie2Hottie

Scottie2Hottie

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

Thanks so much micro. I'm going to miss the chats we all had. It was a really good time. Thanks so much for doing it!
Posted Image Deb Placey (unofficial)
Posted Image

#6 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

Matt, Thank you have helped me so much during times when no broadcast can be found. Thank you so much for your time and kindness.
Your Friend Dave, aka Devs1965
Lest Go Devils!!!!!

#7 Meals on Wheels

Meals on Wheels

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

Thanks for the feed Matt, it was so helpful. I used to work on Saturdays so I've tuned in to your feed countless times for Saturday afternoon games and I even had to work during the NHL draft last year so I saw Adam Larsson get drafted live thanks to your stream!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

Thanks for all the feeds these past few years! Really appreciated it esp those days without Versus at home.
Put food on my family

#9 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

Its a shame there isnt a legal feed for single teams. But thanks for the feed MWP

#10 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

Thank you, man! Even though I live well within the MSG+ area, I watched plenty of games on your feed when my roommate decided the living room was the best place for his XBOX after Call of Duty came out! :giggle:

It was a great feed.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#11 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,288 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

Many thanks MWP, your feed has bailed me out many times and I am thankful for the opportunities you gave us and the near flawless uptime! :cheers:

#12 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:38 PM

Its a shame there isnt a legal feed for single teams. But thanks for the feed MWP

This will happen eventually as technology advances and the NHL decides to grow up a bit and expand their video base to everyone who is willing to pay a small fee
POTATO!!!

#13 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

As a student in North Carolina, thank you for the feed, Micro. It's pretty obvious the amount of work you put into it. If you're ever in Raleigh for a game against the Canes, I'll buy you a beer as a thanks.

-Robby

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#14 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,130 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

Micro can't thank you enough!!!

You have done an amazing job, and helped so many people on here out!!

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#15 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

Many thanks from me on behalf of my family down in NC. Several of them got caught up in my and my wife's enthusiasm for the Devils and used your feed now and again. It will be missed, but you have clearly gone above and beyond. Much appreciated.

#16 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

Wow, bummed to hear that. While there are always other streams out there, this one was always the sure thing and I knew even if there is nothing better/stable out there, I can always go back to MWP. :) Thanks a lot for all the games!

#17 njdjlc

njdjlc

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Can't say thanks enough. I work weekends with mentally ill adults and can't always get Devil games. I could always rely on your feed. Thanks for all you did.

#18 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

Posted ImageThanks for the feed MP.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#19 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,617 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

Muchos gracias for putting in the effort. Although I live in MSG+'s broadcast area, I used the feed quite a bit. The NHL considers most of NY to be Sabres territory, so at least a third of the Devils' games get blacked out. (Long story short: when the Sabres are home, no other local broadcasts can air.) Maybe someday the NHL will pull their heads out of their asses and eliminate their idiotic blackout rules.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#20 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

Yup. Why not charge $5 a game a la carte (with the ability to rewatch the game for 24 hours), or offer the entire season at something under Gamecenter's fees like $82 (dollar a game). As an out-of-towner, I'd gladly pay that, but don't want to pay the $160 for Gamecenter when I barely have time to watch Devils games, let alone out-of-town games.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users