What will the Devils do for season ticket holders?

JWomp

This was supposed to be my first year as a full-season ticket holder...figures.

What do you think the Devils will end up doing? I am very interested to see what they offer to fans who keep their money with the team.

Minnesota is offering an unbelievable 10-percent APR interest on money left with the team (http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/170035286.html).

If a season-ticket holder is willing to keep their money in their account during the lockout, they will receive 10% APR interest (so annualized interest computed over 360 days; not 365) on their money for the games canceled and not rescheduled.

That interest can be used as a credit in their account.

When a game is at least postponed or canceled, from that moment, if a season-ticket holder keeps their money in their account, the STH would receive 10% APR interest for each day it remains canceled or postponed and last until the NHL announces a new schedule.

Other teams are offering interest as well, but not as much. Anaheim and Los Angeles are offering 5%, Buffalo and Columbus are at 4%, Winnipeg is at 3%, Chicago is at 2%.

Where will the Devils fall? Any guesses?

Edited by JWomp

I saw Ottawa is offering 5% as well. The Devils will probably fall around 5%, I can't state this as a fact but I thought that's what they offered during 2004-2005.

Either way I'm taking all my money back more out of principle then anything else.

I'll keep my money with the team but for those who choose to have their cash returned do they lose their seats?

I'll keep my money with the team but for those who choose to have their cash returned do they lose their seats?

I didn't lose my seats in 04-05 and don't expect to this year either. It's not the same as not renewing if games aren't being played. Plus the Devils can't afford to lose season ticket holders either so I highly doubt they would say we are just cancelling your tickets. I would just expect a new invoice for whatever games are played this year or an invoice around normal renewal time for the 13-14 season.

Edited by Satans Hockey

This is what the Rangers appear to be doing...

"During this process, we are committed to keeping you informed and rewarding you for your continued support. In the event that a new Agreement is not reached prior to the start of the 2012–13 regular season and a work stoppage occurs causing home regular season games to be cancelled and not re-scheduled, Season Subscribers will each have the option of either receiving a refund with interest on a monthly basis or choosing to keep money on account with interest. More specific details about refunds or credits will be shared at the appropriate time as necessary."

I'd be happy with 5%. In fact, if they offer anything more than 1%, then I will keep it with the team because I can't make anything off that money by having it sit in my savings account at the bank. The money is long since gone so I'm not missing it right now anyways. Might as well earn some credit for future ticket purchases.

Depends on how it goes for me. I'll definitely be back if we have a shortened season but if they cancel the entire season and playoffs again then I might end up canceling my tickets. To miss 2 stanley cups in less then 10 years could be the final straw for me.

Depends on how it goes for me. I'll definitely be back if we have a shortened season but if they cancel the entire season and playoffs again then I might end up canceling my tickets. To miss 2 stanley cups in less then 10 years could be the final straw for me.

I hear you. This is RIDICULOUS!! The labor instability of this league is maddening.

Whenever the NHL starts to pickup momentum and takes a large step forward in becoming relevant in the US, it takes 2 giant steps backwards. Plus, it doesn't help that Gary Bettman is the spokesman/salesman of the league and is probably the most unlikable person in sports based strictly upon his public persona (he might be a great guy to know personally, but comes off like a arrogant, egotistical ass in public).

I hear you. This is RIDICULOUS!! The labor instability of this league is maddening.

Whenever the NHL starts to pickup momentum and takes a large step forward in becoming relevant in the US, it takes 2 giant steps backwards. Plus, it doesn't help that Gary Bettman is the spokesman/salesman of the league and is probably the most unlikable person in sports based strictly upon his public persona (he might be a great guy to know personally, but comes off like a arrogant, egotistical ass in public).

Yup but I don't think the players are making themselves sound any better either. They all come across as whining self important entitled brats. I know I'll always be a fan of the Devils and I won't lie and say I'll quit all together but if we miss an entire season and playoffs this year then I will most likely cancel my regular season tickets and just watch the games from home and I'll only show up for the playoffs and whenever Martys last game/retirement ceremony is. So I'll be back but they won't be getting a ton of money from me anymore. The players attitudes really turned me off and I don't have much desire to support these guys anymore with my hard earned cash. I won't hurt myself by not watching at all but I'm not going to fork over as much of my money as I do right now to support these whiners if we lose a whole year.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Remember, this IS the Devils we are talking about.

Their "generosity" in this will be the allowance of either a refund or credit towards future games. No way are the Devils offering interest on this. (If the small chance in hell that it does happen, it will be at the orders of JVB and not Lou)

Also, aren't some season ticket holders who chose VIP tickets to the equipment sale last year owed that still?

Their "generosity" in this will be the allowance of either a refund or credit towards future games. No way are the Devils offering interest on this. (If the small chance in hell that it does happen, it will be at the orders of JVB and not Lou)

Also, aren't some season ticket holders who chose VIP tickets to the equipment sale last year owed that still?

They will have to do something in order to entice you to have them hold onto your money. It would make zero sense to offer absolutely nothing except a credit for unplayed games. What incentive would anyone have to have them keep all your money for possibly a year or longer? Whatever they offer us, they will still be making more interest and more money. They are not in a position to offer nothing either. They want to keep as many tickets sold as possible. I know if they offer nothing I won't be the only one who takes a full refund. And yes we are still owed something for the equipment sale.

They will have to do something in order to entice you to have them hold onto your money. It would make zero sense to offer absolutely nothing except a credit for unplayed games. What incentive would anyone have to have them keep all your money for possibly a year or longer? Whatever they offer us, they will still be making more interest and more money. They are not in a position to offer nothing either. They want to keep as many tickets sold as possible. I know if they offer nothing I won't be the only one who takes a full refund. And yes we are still owed something for the equipment sale.

In all the years I have been going to games and following the Devils, I have learned to know better and what to expect from the Devils. Don't hold your breath on any incentives or interest from the Devils. Again this comes after years of experiencing how the Devils handle things with fans.

The equipment sale you are owed should give a clue too as to what the Devils think of the fans and what they "owe" them.

In all the years I have been going to games and following the Devils, I have learned to know better and what to expect from the Devils. Don't hold your breath on any incentives or interest from the Devils. Again this comes after years of experiencing how the Devils handle things with fans.

The equipment sale you are owed should give a clue too as to what the Devils think of the fans and what they "owe" them.

I don't really get why the Devils didn't have an equipment sale to begin with, must not make them as much money as I thought. The Devils reward system is going to get screwed up with the lockout though.

I don't know what they're supposed to offer now, if there was an equipment sale and none of the other rewards happened this year (skate, autos), that wouldn't be particularly fair. Maybe that's part of why they're dragging their feet on the equipment sale.

But I agree with the other poster, the Devils have to offer 'something' and it has to be soon otherwise they'll be swamped with fans calling demanding money back the second games start getting canceled.

I knew this mess was going to happen so I stopped paying my monthly payment for my season tickets...

When it is all solved I will pay, but until then I am not giving them a dime.

Yup, I am still owed VIP tickets to an event that never happened....

I wasn't a season ticket holder the last lockout but I'm pretty sure they at least offered a customized jersey, 1 per account last time. Not sure if there was anything else.

I knew this mess was going to happen so I stopped paying my monthly payment for my season tickets...

When it is all solved I will pay, but until then I am not giving them a dime.

Yup, I am still owed VIP tickets to an event that never happened....

Did anyone call you and say why aren't you paying? I still have the monthly payments till February as well.

The customized jerseys were actually 1 per seat on the account.

I am actually floored that the Devils even did this. I did not know about this as my family stopped renewing season tickets after the 03 cup and between 04-07 I barely went to any games.

While nice, I still rather get money back and/or interest rather than another jersey (I have plenty). I guess that is just my personal preference.

The Devils are going with 2 percent interest. Just got this email:

Dear Season Ticket Holder:

As I am sure you are aware, the current collective bargaining negotiations between the NHL and the players have delayed the start of training camp and has forced the cancellation of several games. In an effort to stay in touch and keep you up to date on all aspects of the coming season, I am reaching out with information pertaining to your Full Season Ticket account options for cancelled games.

Building off of an incredible run to the Stanley Cup Final, and seeing how the Devils Army has grown from your passionate and unwavering support, we are dedicated to do everything we can to ensure that you know how important you as a fan base are to this organization. Together, we are confident that we will be able to pick up where we left off, once the play on ice resumes.

TICKET OPTIONS FOR FULL SEASON TICKET HOLDERS

OPTION A: Keep Money On Account And Receive Interest

Season Ticket Holders will receive a credit for any cancelled games along with 2% interest through the season or until play resumes. You may use the accumulated balance toward the purchase of individual tickets, Playoff tickets or towards your 2013-14 Season Ticket renewal. To exercise this option, you won't need to take any action as we will automatically deposit the ticket value associated with any cancelled games and interest, into your account on a monthly basis. Interest will accumulate beginning October 1, for games cancelled in September.

OPTION B: Request A Refund For Cancelled Games

Should you wish to receive a refund for cancelled games, please reach out to our Fan Experience Team and they will provide a "Refund Request Form." Once submitted, refunds will be issued 30 days following the last day of the month, for cancelled games during that month. Refunds will be made to your credit card on file or via check, based on the same method you chose to pay for your tickets. So long as you are paid in full, refunds will begin October 31st.

If you are still making payments to your account, via one of our convenient payment plans, those charges will continue. This is done to keep your account current and allow us to send your tickets immediately upon the start of the season. Once you have paid for more than the number of games remaining in the season, you may of course ask for a Refund Request Form so that you may select this refund option.

For all questions regarding these options or any other needs you may have, please reach out to the Fan Experience Team at 855-DEV-ARMY or devilsarmy@newjerseydevils.com.

We will continue to communicate as quickly and as effectively as we can in the coming weeks. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and understanding while we all look forward to enjoying hockey together at The Rock very soon!

Best regards,

Eric Kussin

Eric Kussin

Vice President, Sales and Service

New Jersey Devils

Edited by JWomp