sassquash

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:25 AM

http://kuklaskorner....acement-players

Josh Rimer @JoshRimerHockey

Former TML GM & NHL Agent Bill Watters thinks Gary Bettman's will bring in replacement players in NOV, & thinks this will crack the Union.

:blink:

functionless art is simply tolerated vandalism

#2 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

Replacement Players??? Let's just replace the commissioner.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#3 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,951 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:38 AM

If they lowered the ticket prices/gave season ticket holders a partial refund for the replacement players I would be down for it. It would be interesting to see how many of the 3rd and 4th line and backup goalies would say forget the union, we are gonna play. I'd bet on Marty playing too since he never really seems to care for what the union has to say over the years when it comes to his contracts.

I don't buy the fact that the NHL would ever bring in replacement players though.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 02 October 2012 - 06:46 AM.

#4 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,981 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:07 AM

Replacement players, eh? Sure Gary, why not? Because you haven't embarrassed the league enough over the last 20 years.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#5 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,049 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:45 AM

That's probably where even I'd draw the line on attending games. Of course I wouldn't be able to sell my tickets for beans either (aisle seats or not) but that wouldn't sit right with me, even if some of the regulars crossed the picket line.

I don't know if they'd even be able to get away with it legally. Baseball couldn't when Fehr won in court during the '95 strike.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 02 October 2012 - 07:46 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#6 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,981 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

That's probably where even I'd draw the line on attending games. Of course I wouldn't be able to sell my tickets for beans either (aisle seats or not) but that wouldn't sit right with me, even if some of the regulars crossed the picket line.

I don't know if they'd even be able to get away with it legally. Baseball couldn't when Fehr won in court during the '95 strike.

. I would NEVER, EVER support that sh!t. I'd flip sh!t if the NHL tried to pull a stunt like that.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#7 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:04 AM

Frankly if they brought in replacement players and made you keep season tickets, I would sue.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#8 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

This is like Gretzky saying yesterday or the other day that he thinks the first game will be the Winter Classic. These guys are just picking ideas and dates out of their asses at this point.

#9 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

Replacement players would be a complete joke and make the league more of a circus than it already is.....

I would hate this idea, and while I would still watch the games, I would not pay to see that shi!t unless ticket prices were like $5

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#10 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,232 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

I'd watch. I don't think league would actually do this. But I could see them threaten it.
The KHL would love it.

I think you'll see the 3rd/4th liners jump on the opportunity for a paycheck.. and US/Canda stars weigh their options... but you'll see the Russian stars stay home... and take the tax free, huge dollar contracts.

Ultimately, it would kill the value of the NHL, so I seriously doubt you'd see this... or at least not until November, 2013 or so.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#11 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

I would get a refund in full for my ST, if this happens.

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users