20 replies to this topic

#21 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

Being forever vigilant is generally a good thing. However, when you take it too far, you tend to insult people you feel are the threat. So it's not a matter of "being nice" to fundamentalist whackjobs in the US for fear of alienating them. It's just that it's insulting and intellectually dishonest to attack people for something that you know they have no interest in really accomplishing. So if I were a creationist that believed the world was 6000 years old, I would rightly be annoyed if you put me in the same league as fundamentalists who blow up churches or shoot fourteen year old girls in the head for advocating for women's education.

No question. I just have a problem with saying some of the stupid things fundamentalists do here is okay because at least we're not them. Not saying that's what you meant, but that is the tone of the initial post. Especially with the thread title.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users